Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Emma > Reviews

Content by Emma

Emma

Page: 1 | 2
SALE - Chalk Pens & Metallic Colours - Pack of 21 chalk markers - For Chalkboard, Whiteboard, Window, Labels, Bistro - 6mm Bullet Tip
Offered by Chalkola

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 12 Mar. 2017
Very good quality product. Purchased on special offer . Lovely range of colours

Chalk Pens - Pack of 8 Earth colour markers - Use on Whiteboard, Chalkboard, Window, Blackboard, Bistros Glass - 6 mm Bullet Tip
Offered by Chalkola

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 Nov. 2016
LOve the colours but can't comment on the quality as bought as a xmas gift

Mark Steel- Mark Steel's Back In Town [DVD]
Mark Steel- Mark Steel's Back In Town [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this DVD, 28 Dec. 2014
I really enjoyed this DVD. Mark is funny and has an interesting take on life. I enjoyed the bonus feature of Mark & Jeremy Hardy nearly as much - they worked well together . Thanks Mark!

Professor Kageyama's Maths Training (Nintendo DS)
Professor Kageyama's Maths Training (Nintendo DS)
Offered by EnterPlus

5.0 out of 5 stars only got it today, but so far so good, 9 Feb. 2008
I really like this. It is very positive and encouraging & I found the games fun. I deliberately didn't dpend ages practising the games tho as that is how I have ended up bored with other similar (ish) software.

happy with my ourchase, it isn't identical to brain training, but will appeal to anyone who likes that title.

Diary Days
Diary Days
by Ghillian Potts

5.0 out of 5 stars Diary Days (by Jess, aged 8), 8 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Diary Days (Paperback)
A great book, I really enjoyed it. My favourite character is Yasmin also I like the pictures. One kitten was called Thingamubob. 7-8 yr olds would like it.

My Word Coach (Nintendo DS)
My Word Coach (Nintendo DS)
Offered by EnterPlus

4.0 out of 5 stars a good game but with a few bugs, 29 Dec. 2007
This game was received along with brain training & big brain academy & a sparkling new ds for christmas.

I really like it & have played it daily. The game unlocks new mini games as you progress & gives you an expression potential every day based on how well you are doing. It also has a high score table so you can compare your scores against family or friends that have played using the same cart.

However, it doesn't always recognise letters (same as brain training here) & one of the games block letters needs it turnng sideways, not allowing a left handd version .

The games are fun & new aspects get introduced as you crack a harder level like blowing into the soup while retrieving the letters in pasta letters.

V happy with this game.

There's not a lot of multiplayer either - but block letters played competitively with my husband was insne & fun - it's quite cool that if you remove a word & he is halfway through selecting the letters to make that word on his ds they disappear from his screen aka a bomb blast & he groans - not quite so funny in reverse though!)

I don't know how much it is improving my vocabulary as I knew a lot of the words already, but it is fun & is improving my reaction times.

It also gives you a test at first to pitch the words correctly so my 8 yr old has been playing it at an appropriate level for her.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2010 8:56 PM GMT

Nintendo DS Lite Handheld Console (White)
Nintendo DS Lite Handheld Console (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars woow much better than i expected & I had high expectations!, 26 Dec. 2007
This is a fabulous console. Both myself & my 8 year old dd got one for Xmas. It's lots more fun if you have 2 in a family- multiplayer modes on games, pictochat (a text based message thing similar to msn messenger) etc all add an extra dimension.

It is really easy to see the screen, light to hold & the games are lots of fun.

I'm very, very happy, possibly the most fun present I have ever received.

I don't like any other console games - my husband has a ps2, XBOX & XBOX 360 & I never play any of them (except the eye toy on the PS2). But I find the stylus on the ds really instinctive & easy to use.

BTW the game made husband is currently playing on my DS!

My dd who is 8 loves hers too. She loves the fact that it can be turned upside down to be easier if you are left handed. She also loves blowing into the microphone for games, the quality of the graphics & the chat function.

Well worth the money for such a fab piece of kit.

Dr Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain (Nintendo DS)
Dr Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Tracymuk

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent game with good features for left handers, 26 Dec. 2007
My 8 year old daughter is left handed, this game cleverly reversed the set up to make it easier for her.

It is lots of fun. The only problem is the voice recognition - I got a brain age of 80 because it didn't like how I said the colours. I'm experimenbting with speakig with a deeper voice

Well worth the money all of the family have had a turn

1: Thora
1: Thora
by Gillian Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Thora is a briliant book, 29 April 2007
This review is from: 1: Thora (Paperback)
By Jessie Shaw aged 7 & 11 months

The main character is Thora. I think it is a brilliant book because the author wrote the book in the way a child would. This is because it had spelling mistakes. The book wasn't just normal everyday things, Thora got up to adventures. I think it is not so normal because Thora is half mermaid because her mother is a mermaid. the book is quite funny because Thora gets muddled up on some words and her guardian doesn't even mind , he just helps her. I think other people would enjoy this book.

Kenwood BL446 Blender, 1.5 Litre, 500W (Satin Chrome)
Kenwood BL446 Blender, 1.5 Litre, 500W (Satin Chrome)

3.0 out of 5 stars could be better, 26 Dec. 2006
As other reviewers have commented it's not dishwasher safe which is a bit of a pain. It's also fidly, the jug comes apart for easier cleaning so you have the jug a seal & the base/blade unit & have to keep track of them as well as a 2 part lid . performance is ok for thinnish liquids like soup but it won't make a thick fruit puree as it needs quite a bit of liquid to work.

Page: 1 | 2