Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for Dragonfly > Reviews

Content by Dragonfly

Dragonfly (Sussex, England)

Regatta Mens Deakin Shirt Parchment M
Regatta Mens Deakin Shirt Parchment M

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fit and Comfortable to Wear, 6 Oct. 2014
I prefer cotton shirts as they are cooler and don't produce a static charge.
I haven't found any problems with it, but it has been worn and washed only a few times. I would buy again. I now have three of these.

Philips Saferide LED Bike Light 60 Dynamo Driven - Black
Philips Saferide LED Bike Light 60 Dynamo Driven - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Light, 8 July 2014
A very good front light with a good cut off so you don't dazzle oncoming road users. I removed the light from its supplied fork mount, and used a handlebar mounting. Elsewhere there are reports of the Philips bracket fracturing. Also mounting on the handlebars keeps the light much cleaner and easier to switch on and off.

Edit to add 13 Oct 2014
To mount on the handlebars I used one of these http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/schmidt-handlebar-fitting-dynamo-headlamp-bracket-prod9884/. brackets. I needed to buy a longer 70mm allen headed bolt (ebay) to mount the light and also used a slightly longer clamp bolt. It's mounted on Deda RHM01 drop bars which use a 31.8 clamp. This bracket will not fit that size so it is mounted on the narrower part of the top of the drops, which means I have slightly less space for my hand in that area, but I'm happy to forgo that. I have ridden on some rough surfaced tracks so the light has had a lot of vibration. To date the clamp hasn't moved on the bars, and has withstood the vibration.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2014 5:33 PM BST

Draper 25903 14mm Bi-Hex Socket 3/8-inch Drive
Draper 25903 14mm Bi-Hex Socket 3/8-inch Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Elora Socket as depicted, 10 Jun. 2013
Elora products always used to be good quality and stood quite demanding use. The quality still seems to be there.

Britain's Dragonflies: A Field Guide to the Damselflies and Dragonflies of Britain and Ireland (Britain's Wildlife)
by Dave Smallshire

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide - Well Worth Buying, 17 Feb. 2012
I already have the two comprehensive identification guides "Dragonflies and Damselflies" by Steve Brooks and "Dragonflies of Great Britain and Ireland" by Cyril Hammond so I was hesitant to buy yet another field guide. However this book excellent and certainly complements the other two and in some areas surpasses them. All the species descriptions are accompanied with several photographs rather than drawings, but these are so good with key points indicated that drawings are not necessary. There is a well-illustrated summary key of all adult species and also an illustrated key of nymphs. There is also a good section on Vagrants, Potential Vagrants and Former Breeding Species. As an added bonus pages of this book are "waterproof" and so are resistant to marks and damage occurred with field use. A very good book for both novices and experts in dragonflies. If you don't know what a Coenagrion spur is you need this book! Don't hesitate like me, buy it - at this price (it's nearly a £1 cheaper than when I bought it last year) you won't regret it!

Scholl Fungal Nail Treatment 3.8ml
Scholl Fungal Nail Treatment 3.8ml
Offered by TehnomaxTRXit

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems a very good product, 26 Aug. 2011
For many years (15?) I didn't realise the problem with one of my big toe nails was fungal infection. I thought a blow to the nail had caused the damage. I wasn't aware of a fungus attacking nails until relatively and I then tried Scholl athletes foot cream. This gave a slight improvement, but when this was used I couldn't find any more in the shops and the nail became very much worse. The reason I bought this product was because it was claimed to penetrate the nail, which seemed to me to be essential. My infection was looking worse than the mild infections shown on the product leaflet. I have now been using the treatment for about 8 weeks and there is a vast improvement; the new lower half of the nail looks normal and the remainder has not become worse. I used the daily treatment for 5 weeks rather 4 as advised on the leaflet and am now continuing with application once or twice a week. The product is relatively expensive, but as it seems to be working it's worth it, and it comes complete with 5 effective nail files. 3.8ml may seem a small amount but the amount you need for each application is minute, even for a large toe nail. Nails grow very slowly so like all other reviewers it'll be a few more months to find the final result, but it's looking good so far!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Price Fast Delivery, 8 Feb. 2011
Ordered this battery as a replacement of an obsolete NP2.6-12 in an old Clulite torch. Battery received was marked NP2.8-12S which I believe is the updated version. Speed of delivery was exceptionally fast - next day! Price must be cheapest on market. Packaging was a padded bag which was just about adequate, but not very strong for a relatively heavy item if handled roughly. My sturdy old torch now working again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2011 3:50 PM BST

DiskWarrior 4.4 Mac
DiskWarrior 4.4 Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product - and good price from Amazon, 18 April 2009
This review is from: DiskWarrior 4.4 Mac (DVD-ROM)
I found out what a fantastic product DiskWarrior was with version 2. This product beats any other disk repair utility by a long way and version 4 has a few more features.

I have been using version 3.0.3, but recently have bought new Intel Macs with OS 10.5 which need the new version 4. Mine arrived as version 4.1.1 DVD revision 901 which was the latest and will start up all the latest Macs except the Mac Pro released March 2009.

The DVD will even boot a 800 MHz G4 iBook with 640MB RAM even though the box says at least a 867 MHz computer is required. Unlike version 3 it will not boot a slot loading G3 iMac and cannot be run from the DVD. Therefore it must be installed on older Macs.