Profile for Jersey keith > Reviews

Jersey keith

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality replacement battery, 27 Aug. 2017
I've had my G3 now for a couple of years and it wasn't holding a charge for more than a day so thought I was heading for a replacement battery. Looked on Amazon and there are a lot of fakes ( frankly I'm surprised Amazon allow it ) The Powerbear did not pretend to be an original LG battery but rather claimed to be a high quality replacement.Not cheap at nearly £15 but after first charging fully and allowing to fully discharge I got 3 days out of it on normal use. It does take a while to fully charge probably around 5 hours but I allowed it to discharge a couple of times as recommended by Powerbear and am now enjoying 2 - 3 days between charges - overall very satisfied.

SDTEK LG G3 Glass Screen Protector
SDTEK LG G3 Glass Screen Protector
Offered by SDTEK Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 July 2016
Easy to fit unlike plastic it leaves no bubbles, unobtrusive fits the phone perfectly.

LG Electronics G3 4G Smartphone 16 GB (UK SIM-Free, Android, 5.5 inch) - Black
LG Electronics G3 4G Smartphone 16 GB (UK SIM-Free, Android, 5.5 inch) - Black
Offered by Dig 'n Delve

5.0 out of 5 stars 4K screen image quality is excellent although the home screen could be a bit more ..., 21 Nov. 2015
This review will be brief as Amazon only permits 200 words for reviews.

Had the phone a few weeks now and I am deeply impressed. I researched before buying and 5 star reviews across the board including Stuff phone & gadget of the year last year.

Pro’s - outstanding battery life charge lasts for 3-4 days, I use for calls and texts mostly have a large screen TV for games and movies. Texting has voice recognition and also numeric keypad so you don’t have to enter a separate menu for numbers. 4K screen image quality is excellent although the home screen could be a bit more impressive. Quad core 2.5 gig processor can cope with anything I throw at it, has more power than my laptop! Remote charging pod sold separately works brilliantly, no more fiddling to plug in the charger.

Cons - font size even on biggest setting is too small for me to read without glasses, Samsung can do mega large font given that this is a large screen phone it’s not too much to conclude that older people with deteriorating eyesight might want large font.

Overall absolute bargain and if your friends don’t agree show them the Stuff review.

3 Days to Kill
3 Days to Kill

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor taken rip off, 12 Nov. 2014
This review is from: 3 Days to Kill (DVD)
I like Kevin Costner and was glad to see him return to a leading role, sadly the film was for me disappointing. As has been said it follows territory previously covered in Taken but the twist spoiler alert ( Costner has only 3 days to live ) added to he needs to bond with his estranged daughter doesn't work for me. Perhaps the best illustration of this misguided alignment of ideas is the torture scene where he is torturing an Italian guy for information when his daughter rings and he passes the phone to Italian torture victim so he can pass on a recipe for pasta sauce.

I watched the film to the end but it was hard work.

The plot is thin, the execution poor and frankly Costner must be seriously skint to be working with dross like this.

Locke
Locke
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull as watching a bloke drive a car making phone calls, 4 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Locke (Blu-ray)
I picked this film because it universally gets good reviews so I have to conclude it's my fault for not liking it.
Among a number of films that I've rented lately that get strong reviews ( The Double/Under The Skin ) I found it unwatchable after half an hours viewing. Basically a guy gets into a car and drives through the night on a motorway making phone calls and talking about concrete.

For the first 30 minutes i thought it must be heading for more than that but it became apparent that this was it.
The guy gets a bird pregnant after a one night stand and throws his life, career and family away for said totty - well you would wouldn't you.

Absolute junk unless you are the type of person who likes watching paint dry and fancies a change with something equally stimulating.

Oldboy
Oldboy

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable if violent thriller, 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Oldboy (Blu-ray)
I wasn't going to write a review on this film but having read some of the reviews posted I thought I should to offer a balanced view.

First point, the reason why many people would not have watched the original myself included is that it's a foreign film, the dialogue is not in English. This disengages many of us from the film, put simply if I wanted to read a story I'd be holding a book. Whilst I accept that this means that there are a wealth of great films that myself and others wouldn't watch because they are not in English it does mean that when an English adaptation of such a film becomes available it becomes of interest.

I'd heard about Oldboy and even started to watch it on Netflix until I realised it was not in English, thus as with other such films (The girl with the dragon tattoo ) I waited for the remake. The key reason why I watch a film is not to see great cinematography, fantastic direction, astonishing acting, I'll leave that for the critics - I watch a film to be entertained and enjoy the experience, if it doesn't fulfill this requirement no matter how good the constituent parts then it has failed for me.

I enjoyed watching Oldboy, Brolin is convincing and compelling to watch, the violence is graphic and extensive, the plot makes sense ( eventually ) and overall I found it an enjoyable action movie. It's not perfect, the build up is a bit slow and I'm not sure anyone could eat the same meal every day for 20 years but a few flaws aside I enjoyed it.

Just one point I seem to be seeing a lot of reviews from people who are offended by graphic violence or obscene language or themes in a film. Surely they must have some idea before renting what the film is about. Put simply you wouldn't order a Screwfix catalogue thinking it was a dating catalogue would you?

The Wolf of Wall Street
The Wolf of Wall Street

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, brilliant film, 28 July 2014
This review is from: The Wolf of Wall Street (DVD)
I love Scorcese Di Caprio collaborations and was looking forward to this, it didn't disappoint. From the opening scene showing stockbrokers in an office throwing dwarves at a dartboard it was a roller coaster ride of excess. I haven't laughed at a film this much since, well I don't think I've ever laughed this much at a film and given that it's not a comedy that's some result.

People have commented that it is morally reprehensible and disgraceful, c'mon folks it's not Mary Poppins anyone renting this must surely know what they are in for. Brilliant acting/directing/storytelling. De Caprio has never been better, the scene on the plane and the one with the Lamborghini are possibly the funniest in any film.

Absolutely agree it doesn't feel like 3 hours, the time flies by, the end part is less enjoyable but inevitably so.

Just a brilliant film and so much fun to watch, get a few beers and a takeaway and a few mates round - you'll have a ball.

Under the Skin
Under the Skin
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars what a disappointment. It starts out with a black screen, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Under the Skin (Blu-ray)
Intrigued by the premise of an alien assuming the form of a female and luring men to a nasty end I gave this a go. I can't deny the prospect of seeing Scarlett Johansson in the buff was an added bonus, what a disappointment. It starts out with a black screen, I thought the TV had gone pop, then eventually we get a picture. I stood it for 15 minutes after which I gave up it really is that bad.

Basically Scarlett Johansson drives around Glasgow in a van picking up men and taking them back to her gaff which has a pool of dark liquid into which they walk and apparently die. She does get her kit off but honestly the reward isn't worth the investment.

Arty farty nonesense that will have the elbow patch beardy brigade talking about how remarkable a piece of film making it was while secretly thinking wtf was that all about.

Save yourself some time and google Scarlett in the buff, then pop down the pub for a couple of hours, it will be time better spent.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2014 4:19 PM BST

Big Bad Wolves
Big Bad Wolves

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning this is a foreign film it's dubbed!, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Big Bad Wolves (Amazon Video)
Now on reflection I can see that the film has foreign actors and a foreign director but for god's sake why does it not contain the words WARNING DUBBED FILM on the film summary. Total waste of my time had to download a film from Sky as I can't stand foreign crap, if i wanted to read a movei I'd get the book.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2014 10:08 AM BST

Sennheiser CX 400 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones with Integrated Volume Control - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible sound for such tiny earphones, 11 May 2013
Bought these as the ones that came with my I Pod are satisfactory at best, checked internet reviews and Which to find that they score consistently highly and are a Which best buy. £46 at Amazon is cheap with others asking nearer £60, sound quality is rich and detailed, frankly it's witchcraft how they get such a strong clear sound from such tiny earphones.

Cons - took me ages to get them out of the thick plastic box, hacking like a maniac with scissors finally got me there.

Page: 1 | 2