Profile for Miss Catherine Lake > Reviews

Content by Miss Catherine...

Miss Catherine Lake (New Milton, Hampshire United Kingdom)

Be Not Nobody
Be Not Nobody
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Well ... for once I'm lost for words ..., 24 Aug. 2002
This review is from: Be Not Nobody (Audio CD)
It's not often I suddenly get the urge to by an album, or certainly singles don't feature much in my collection, but Vanessa Carlton's hit touched me in a way very few others have.
I was lay in hospital recovering from major operation, thinking about "stuff" and listening to the radio, when on came 'A Thousand Miles' and immediately I was captivated. So much so in fact, that when I reached the Amazon site I not only ordered the single, but found out there was an album and ordered that too!
Thank you for creating such inspiring music Vanessa and good luck with your music career. I, for one at least, will do my best to get the message out about your work - you've certainly become one of my main inspirations in music.
Don't wait around reading loads of reviews ... buy it and experience it for yourself!

Flatfish
Flatfish

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic display of beautiful musical ability and style!, 2 Nov. 2001
This review is from: Flatfish (Audio CD)
This album presents Flook at their best yet, with haunting and romantic flutes at times, and galloping pace at others. To those with a particular interest in the Bodhran, John Joe Kelly shows what he's made of in this recording, with a wide range of styles captured on one versatile recording.
Well worth getting hold of but be aware that the CD carries quite a modern feel rather than staying too traditional - but then hey - that's Flook for ya!
Excellent ... we want to hear more, more, more!!!
From a devoted fan, and fellow Bodhranai of course, Bodhraness Catherine.

The Bodhran: An Easy to Learn Method for the Complete Beginner Showing the Different Regional Styles and Techniques
by Micheal O'Suilleabhain

5.0 out of 5 stars The 'must have' beginners guide for every Bodhranai!, 2 Nov. 2001
I started off with this book, our recent competition winner received a copy with their new Bodhran, and we recommend it to every new Bodhranai who asks us for help starting out!
It's affordable, contains all the information a newbie needs to know, and takes you through some of the basic techniques and styles that you'll soon be "whacking out" once you've got the hang of it.
An essential additional to the bookshelf of all Bodhranii! Full marks, and good luck to the new Bodhranii among us, from Bodhraness Catherine!