Profile for BC > Reviews

London Design Guide 2012 - 2013
London Design Guide 2012 - 2013
by Max Fraser

4.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful pocket-size guide to London, 11 Sept. 2012
A wonderful, pocket-size guide that is small enough to take around with you as you explore London. This compact, colourful book is organised by London's design neighbourhoods (primarily central and east) and includes highlighted maps with detailed descriptions of design shops and studios worth visiting.
I've particularly enjoyed the recommended walks at the start of each chapter, written by local designers including Tom Dixon, Lina Kanafani, Bradley Quinn, etc. - I've discovered new areas even in my own neighbourhood from these adventure walks! They're a great way to spend a weekend day exploring this incredible city by foot. Plus, the restaurant recommendations under "Eat & Drink" at the end of each chapter are dependable and worth trying.

Great find!

Casa Moro: The Second Cookbook
Casa Moro: The Second Cookbook
by Sam Clark and Sam Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful dishes, consistent results, 11 Sept. 2012
I received this cookbook as a gift, and after having enjoyed a meal at Moro one evening I decided I had try making some of the dishes myself.
To date, I've tried a handful of recipes including mains, breakfasts, starters, and sides - and all the dishes thus far have been totally enjoyable to prepare (wonderful colours and smells), some recipes often surprising in their simplicity, and the end results have consistently been full of flavour. Perfect meals to share with friends and family.
This cookbook has quickly become one of my favourites on my shelf!