Profile for Lucy Stewart > Reviews

Miele C3 Cat and Dog Powerline Vacuum Cleaner, 4.5 Litre, 1200 W, Red
Miele C3 Cat and Dog Powerline Vacuum Cleaner, 4.5 Litre, 1200 W, Red
Offered by Dalzells Of Markethill

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for pet hair and long hair, 4 Jan. 2016
I am so impressed with this vacuum cleaner after 3 months of use. We have two cats, plus a long haired adult (me) so we wanted something that would tackle hair easily. This works brilliantly and cleaning takes half the time it did with our old bagless vac. It has different suction levels which are easily changed with your foot, so you can go from thick carpet to hard floors easily. The strongest suction level is amazingly powerful and gets hair and dirt out of thick carpets easily. It also nearly sucked up our lino!

I love the design of this hoover, everything clicks together efficiently and satisfyingly. Smaller attachments are stored in the body of the vacuum - I mention this because for weeks I thought it didn't have any and then I found them! The bag is really easy to change. The power cord glides back in quickly using the button, although occasionally I find when I pull the cleaner along it doesn't extend the cord so I end up pulling it out of the wall socket.

The only downside I can find is that this hoover doesn't come with an extended hose for stairs. Instead you can sit the hoover on the stairs while you clean them. It doesn't stay put on my narrow stairs, so I just stop it falling with my legs - it's not a hassle, but an extended hose would be handy. Anyway I looked at more expensive Dyson and other makes of pet hair vacuums, but I'm really glad I bought this one.

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressive, 21 Mar. 2015
I've had my flex a week and I am really happy with it so far. I chose the flex as I don't need the bells and whistles of a more advanced model - I also like the fact that the flex is more discrete on your arm, and you can get different coloured bands. The iPhone app makes setup and viewing the data very easy.

The step tracker seems accurate - I can walk around the house and watch as the steps are added to my app. I like how you can set your own goals or use the ones recommended by fitbit - I adjusted mine for the amount of weight I want to lose, and set a lower step goal which I will increase as I get more active. I have synced it with myfitnesspal, and this means it gives me a complete picture of my calories in / calories out balance. It is very motivating and stops me overeating because I can see exactly how many calories I have burned (and are expected to burn) that day. It's also great for motivating me to get out for a walk when I'm otherwise having a very sedentary day.

The sleep tracker is also interesting - it shows how restless I was during the night and so gives a sense of the quality of sleep. The flex lasted 7 days from a full charge to getting a low battery warning. Definitely recommended for improving your fitness.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy but oh so catchy!, 15 Jan. 2003
It definitely helps to be an avid Buffy fan to appreciate this CD. Once More, With Feeling is one of my favourite episodes of Buffy and so I was always destined to love the soundtrack. Among its gems are Under Your Spell - a classic love song with a gay twist that's better than most of what gets into the pop charts - and Walk Through the Fire - truly great in the theatrical musical style, with full group harmonies. My only gripe with the album is that I would probably enjoy some parts of it more if they were sung by professionals, for example Sarah Michelle Gellar happily admits that she has more talent for acting than for singing. On the other hand, the amateur and unusual quality of this CD is what makes it special. If you do buy it take the time to read Joss Whedon's passage before the lyrics - it made me realise that Once More, With Feeling has more behind it than the makers of Buffy goofing around. I'd love to see these songs adapted into a full length stage show - come on Joss, think of it as another interesting project!
A word of warning: if you buy this you will love it, but your friends may not, and you may be seen as pretty geeky listening to songs from a TV show. The good thing is, you won't care, because once you own this album you'll be completely addicted. I've got to go now because I haven't listened to it for 15 mins and I'm getting withdrawl symptoms...