Profile for catsmother > Reviews

Content by catsmother

catsmother (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
FIT BOUNCE PRO - Best Seller - Half Folding, High Quality, Bungee Sprung Mini Trampoline, Includes Storage Bag and Bounceometer to measure bounces
Offered by Health2fitness LTD - Rebound UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I hoped for, 27 April 2017
After reading many reviews of various rebounders, I decided on this one. I wanted to do some aerobic exercise at home but I have to be careful because of medical issues - achy knees, weak pelvic floor and slight balance problems due to inner ear infection. I am female and in my early sixties.

So far, it is working out really well. The gentle bounce given by the bungees means that my knees are not sore. My pelvic floor has certainly not worsened and I hope it is improving. I thought I might have to buy the bar to balance but I have found I don't need it.

I put on some music videos on YouTube and jog along for about twenty minutes. I have used the pedometer provided to count my steps but mostly I use my Fitbit as I wear it anyway. I have also tried some of the rebounder exercise videos online but to be honest I prefer just jogging.

The rebounder is very solid and doesn't slip on our floor (laminate). It did take two people to open the first time. I haven't folded it since - just keep it up and ready all the time.

I would highly recommend it.

Inca Women's Chiffon Fascinator on Comb, Navy
Inca Women's Chiffon Fascinator on Comb, Navy
Offered by Arranview Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty little fascinator - great value., 11 April 2017
Looks exactly as shown in the photograph. Arrived safely - not squashed in the post. Stayed in my hair for the wedding with the help of two hair grips I put in first.

Large Leather Care Kit - Clean, Condition and Protect Leather (500ml Leather Cleaner, 500ml Leather Conditioner Protection & Applicators)
Offered by Furniture_Clinic

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality leather protection, 11 April 2017
Bought this when we bought our new leather suite. We have coated it with the protection cream. It goes on easily and doesn't affect the colour at all. The sponge and cloth supplied look a bit basic but they do the job. Pleasant smell.
Can't speak about the cleaner as we haven't used it yet.

TOG 24 - Freeze Womens Tcz Thermal Jacket French Navy - female - size: 14 - colour: Blue
Offered by TOG 24

5.0 out of 5 stars Light warm and comfortable, 10 Jan. 2017
Light, warm and comfortable. . Outer fabric is thinner than I thought.

It hasn't been tried in heavy rain and I think the outer layer would soak through quite quickly. Having said that, it was only described as showerproof.

TOG 24 - Freeze Mens Tcz Thermal Jacket French Navy/Navy - male - size: L - colour: Blue
Offered by TOG 24

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, warm and comfortable, 10 Jan. 2017
Light, warm and comfortable. My husband loves it. Outer fabric is thinner than I thought.

How To Write For Children And Get Published
How To Write For Children And Get Published

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic advice for new writers but some out of date information, 10 Jan. 2017
This book covers the main aspects of the actual writing very well - plot, characterisation, targeting different age groups, etc. It is written in a style that is very easy to read.

However, there are parts of the book which are very out of date because the last date of publication was 2010 and the publishing industry has changed since then. There is very little about online publishing which has become very popular in the last few years. When talking about having an online presence or a website, the writer mentions using MySpace, which collapsed years ago.

There is an appendix at the end about prizes and awards for writers. The first prize mentioned (Killie Prize) doesn't exist any more - neither does the college that used to award the prize and the website link provided doesn't work. I didn't check all of the other prizes but I would suspect that some of them have disappeared too.

As others have mentioned, there are quite a few spelling mistakes. Quite ironic in a book that instructs aspiring writers on how to perfect their work for publishing - especially as it has been reprinted several times and there would have been opportunities for revision.

MobilePro Motorola Moto G 3rd Generation (G3) Case Black Heavy Duty Shockproof Defender Cover
Offered by MobileProUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal case for this phone, 8 Oct. 2015
My Moto G third gen phone felt quite slippery and was larger than my old phone so and I was afraid I would drop it. I am very pleased with case at it fits the phone well, protects it and the bumpy texture means that it doesn't slip out of my hands so easily.

My only criticism - being black it is not easy to find in my handbag - I wish they did it in other colours. I will need to get some shiny stickers for it.

3400-GYH-D - Stedman Polo T-shirt for Men - Polo Long Sleeve Comfort Fit 100% Cotton
Offered by Lifestyle Home & Fashion

3.0 out of 5 stars Goes baggy in the wash., 28 Jan. 2015
Fit ok at first but went baggy at the bottom after one wash

Fruit Of The Loom Men's SS037M Polo Shirt, Blue-Blue (Royal Blue), Large
Fruit Of The Loom Men's SS037M Polo Shirt, Blue-Blue (Royal Blue), Large
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok to start with but shrank in the wash., 28 Jan. 2015
Yes, it fitted as expected before it was washed but shrunk in the wash -a cool wash. We bought two and the royal shrunk more than the navy.

New Ladies Warm Lined Outdoor Sole Slipper Boots Slippers Boot Size 5
New Ladies Warm Lined Outdoor Sole Slipper Boots Slippers Boot Size 5
Offered by Sky Walker df

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and snug - good value., 6 Dec. 2014
Lovely warm slippers - exactly like the photographs and good value for money. Lined with faux fur throughout - not just the top. Nice firm sole so safe on the stairs. As others have said, the fit is quite neat. I take a four and a half in shoes so I ordered a five. They just fit - they don't pinch. I think they will become more roomy as the fur settles and a six would have been too big. Delivery was prompt and packaging was fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3