Profile for Leon > Reviews

Content by Leon

Leon "leon" (sheffield)

Page: 1 | 2
ABCs and 123s of Getting Stuff Done: 7 Easy Steps to Managing and Mastering Your To Do List

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the small purchase price, 25 Mar. 2014
this is a very well written and concise book that gets straight into the practical method of managing time. th

Tony Robbins, Ultimate Principles of Success,Smart Planning Method, Best lessons on Life And Time Management (Inspirational Books, Awaken The Giant Within, Unlimited Power)

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and simple planning process, 5 Feb. 2014
This is a very well written ebook. I have read several books on this topic and this is certainly one of the better ones. The strategy is very clear and doable and the text is lean with no waffle!

I would have liked some content on purpose / mission / values and goals - as these are mentioned in the text but not expanded on. However there are plenty of other sources for this type of information.

In summary - the book offers a clear process to follow and I am looking forward to using it.

The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness
by Prof Steve Peters

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly important book, 3 Oct. 2013
This book is basically changing my life...for the better! Dr Peters, thank you so much for your excellent work. I would love to know about any other upcoming seminars (I live in Sheffield) and / or other learning materials for release.

By the way (Hope this is useful for other readers) I have the book and the unabridged audio programme on CD. I have found it very useful to organise the Audio programme into seperate playlists that coincide with the relevant development time activities in each chapter. I have found this very useful as I can then concentrate more easiliy on one development activity at a time e.g. by repeatedly listening to a playlist selection whilst on a communte. At the moment I am focussing on 'The Divided Planet Part 2' which contains 18 tracks within the play list.

I think I would like to see an edition - maybe in a larger 'glossier' text with more illustrations. The first edition is excellent, however, there seems to be a lot of text to get through and feels like quite dense reading at times - maybe it needs to be due to the nature of the subject.

Bass Guitar strings Medium Guage 45-105 4 Strings
Bass Guitar strings Medium Guage 45-105 4 Strings

2.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and decent quality but possibly too short for tuning stability, 5 Sept. 2013
Pro's: Fast delivery of product. Decent quality, lively enough strings. Inexpensive.

Cons: 'E' and 'A' strings I found too short for my design of bass. (An in line headstock layout may be OK but I wouldn't bank on this).

(Please see customer images and comments).

In conclusion: I would not choose these particular strings next time.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sound Isolating Dynamic Driver Earphones with improved Bass for Ipods, Ipads , MP3 and MP4 players with 3.5mm Jack- White

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & nasty, 12 July 2013
I rarely leave negative feedback - however on this occasion I feel it is necessary: very poor service when I decided to return the item - took me several weeks to get my money back, including a report to Amazon to intervene. Product looked very cheap and nasty & not as described in the picture - my advice to anyone would be to AVOID this seller.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2013 10:03 PM BST

Universal GD42/12 Snap on Door Guard 12-inch - Black
Universal GD42/12 Snap on Door Guard 12-inch - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 20 May 2013
Absolutely great value for money - going to buy another set right now for my rear doors! Also much more simple to fit than the sticky back type door guards.

1-2-3 MAGIC DVD [2005] [US Import] [NTSC]
1-2-3 MAGIC DVD [2005] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars my only regret..., 14 July 2011
my only regret is not getting this excellent programme a few years ago! We have found it very beneficial in improving our relationship with our kids.

Time Of Your Life [DVD]
Time Of Your Life [DVD]

2.0 out of 5 stars Is this simply a vehicle for Robbins and Co to draw in more business?, 28 May 2010
This review is from: Time Of Your Life [DVD] (Audio CD)
There are some reasonable ideas contained within this CD and DVD package. But when you scratch under the surface it seems to me like regurgitated self management Jargon replete with personal, and frankly self indulgent, anecdotes.

I.E. What do you want to do? Why you want to do it? And the ever important, how are you going to do it?

After further probing, it seems clear to me that this product offers nothing new and appears to be a vehicle to tease people in to spend more money on Robbins' products/coaching/seminars/firewalking weekends.

I don't feel this product was worth my time, attention or money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2012 5:54 PM BST

Kenwood Turin SJM400 1.7 Litre Kettle, Brushed Metal
Kenwood Turin SJM400 1.7 Litre Kettle, Brushed Metal

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't waste your money, 28 May 2010
We bought this kettle less than a year ago (NOT from Amazon). It seeped water from the base and broke. Absolute waste of money.

Script Of The Bridge (25th Anniversary Edition)
Script Of The Bridge (25th Anniversary Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars As High As You Can Go, 17 Jan. 2010
What an absolutely fantastic album. All the tracks are absolutely stunning...ethereal guitars, driving bass, brilliant drums and meaningful, intelligent vocals delivered with passion. Was this sound the blue print for more recent sucessful bands like coldplay and the killers? I would say so.

Page: 1 | 2