Profile for W. J. Hewlett > Reviews

Content by W. J. Hewlett

W. J. Hewlett "billhewlett" (Belgium)

Page: 1 | 2
Onkyo DACHA200 Portable Headphone Amplifier and DAC
Onkyo DACHA200 Portable Headphone Amplifier and DAC
Offered by Hihi Electronic

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a nice little DAC/AMP and I'm pleased with the warmth, 22 Feb. 2015
Based on some positive reviews I purchased the Onkyo HA-200 from Amazon (DE). It's a nice little DAC/AMP and I'm pleased with the warmth, bass extension and sound quality. It's great that it just connects up via a lightning/usb cable to my iPad and iPhone making a neat set for high quality listening while travelling when I use my Klipsch X11 IEMs or Bose QC25. Very relaxing sound quality with this device for long listening without fatigue. For use with my macbook I still prefer the Meridian Explorer 2 going into my Philips Fidelio X2 that offers better clarity and timing and digs out more detail. DSD has definitely got the edge using Onkyo's HF Player otherwise I'm really enjoying using TIDAL.

Snugg iPhone 5 / 5S Leather Case in 'Distressed' Brown - Pouch with Card Slot, Elastic Pull Strap and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior for the Apple iPhone 5 / 5S
Offered by TheSnugg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little case., 6 Feb. 2015
A bit of a tight fit to start. Its a great little case and soon loosens up enough to get a fast draw on your phone...

LAYEN® i-DOCK Bluetooth 4.0 Music Receiver Adapter. With aptX for Superior Sound Quality! Stream Music Wirelessly from your Phone / Tablet / iPod / PC etc to Docking Station, Speakers, Stereo etc - Bose, Pure, Klipsch, Sony, JBL etc!
Offered by LAYEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, 6 Feb. 2015
Excellent little box that's truly plug n play. Great value.

Meridian Explorer 2 with MQA
Meridian Explorer 2 with MQA
Offered by Meridian Oxford

5.0 out of 5 stars ifI iUSB powering the Explorer 2 rocks!, 6 Feb. 2015
I agree with you Pedro. I have been loving the sound of the Explorer 2 since it arrived a few weeks ago - provided I ran my Macbook Pro from battery rather than mains power. Otherwise there was just too much noise between tracks - I even wrote to Meridian. My ifI iUSB power just arrived today and the difference is transformational. Wow - very low noise, bags more power, improved clarity and far less grainy. This ain't cheap as a combo but the set up rocks and for me it ticks all the boxes!

Headphone carry case for AKG K550 K551 K540 K240 K240S K242 K601 K701 K702 Q701 K121S K142HD K272HD K242MK k271mk2 K501 Sony MDR-CD780 CD1000 CD1700 MDR-SA1000 SA3000 SA5000 Beyerdynamic DT880 DT990 DT770 DT660 HD515 HD555 HD595 HD598 HD500 HD570 HD200 Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD600 HD650 HD700 HD485 HD465 HD380 EH2270 Audio-technica ATH-AD300 ATH-AD400 ATH-AD500 ATH-AD500X ATH-PRO5MK2 ATH-PRO700 ATH-910PRO ATH-M50SE ATH-M35 ATH-M40FS ATH-M10 ATH-M20 ATH-M30 ATH-SX1a ATH-AD1000X AD2000X ATH-AD900X ATH-AD700X ATH-W3000ANV ATH-W5000 AD1000PRM ATH-ATH-AD700X Denon AH-D2000 AH-D5000 AH-D7000 AH-D7100 JVC HA-M5X M55X JVC HA-DX2000 SHURE SRH840 SRH440 SHR550 SHR940 and Other headphones
Offered by Audio123 LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size for the Philips Fidelio X2, 2 Feb. 2015
Good price, nice quality and perfect size for my Philips Fidelio X2 with a nice little internal pocket for the Meridian Explorer 2 DAC/AMP

Philips X2 Fidelio Headphone
Philips X2 Fidelio Headphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 24 Jan. 2015
Wow! Loaded up Alicia Keys Songs In A Minor and the clarity and soundstage just blew me away. With a half decent DAC and amp these cans shine right out of the box and it seems like they just get better with use. If you want great hifi headphones do yourself a favour and buy these. Recommended!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2015 5:04 PM GMT

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Saddle Tan  [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Saddle Tan [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Jan. 2015
Recommended!

Return of the Wob
Return of the Wob

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmissable!, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Return of the Wob (Audio CD)
Brilliant fourth album! It just gets better though I really recommend listening with good headphones in order to catch all the detail and placement on many of the tracks. And that bass makes my house shake with my sound system turned up where it should be! Unmissable though for some it may take a couple of listenings.

Revo Super Signal Deluxe DAB Table Radio with DAB/DAB+/FM Reception, Digital Alarm and Bluetooth Wireless Streaming

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice radio becomes a great radio..., 21 Mar. 2014
I was really looking forward to getting this radio by my bedside. And trust me it does not disappoint in sound or feature set. My iPhone connects perfectly via Bluetooth for great sound. DAB+ sounds great. Easy tuning. Favorites. Dogs bollox. Just one detail: lights up like a lighthouse on the lowest setting at night. Wrote to Revo. No it's a hardware issue they can't make it lower in software. How about plain off? That would be nice. I just drape an eyeglass cloth over the display at night. Doh! Maybe I'll sort out some darkened Perspex cover for the display. Why am I doing this? Well it is a good radio - and I can't stand the thought of forking out 200 quid and getting even more disappointed by the Axis X3. Sob!

UPDATE!!! Now Five Stars *****

Revo now have an update available that will allow you to select a Brightness = Off setting for Standby. I've now thrown away the cloth I've been using to cover the radio at night! Note that to install the update you need a USB cable and you must be running Windows in 32-bit mode not 64-bit on the PC/laptop you use to download and install it (although they might get around to addressing this limitation at some stage). Revo support was very good at sorting out the problems I had (64-bit!) and now I can wholeheartedly recommend the SuperSignal radio with reservations. Thanks Revo!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2014 8:12 AM GMT

Klipsch X11i In-Ear Headphones with 3-button control and Microphone - Black
Klipsch X11i In-Ear Headphones with 3-button control and Microphone - Black
Offered by MP3 Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, great sound!, 22 Jan. 2014
Klipsch has supposedly addressed the durability issues of the X10i with this latest X11i release. The IEMs look good and although the cables are thin they are kevlar reinforced so they should hold up ok. The sound using them with my 160GB iPod Classic is phenomenal in that it the X11i seems to work brilliantly straight out of the box - they will only get better with running in. Streets ahead of the Sennheiser 300s I was using before in terms of detail and soundstage. I will be looking after these IEMs carefully and keeping them in their supplied beautiful little case when not in use. If I get problems with cables, plugs, etc in the future I will definitely be updating this review but as of right now I heartily recommend the X11i.

Page: 1 | 2