Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
2 X Pipkin 100% Organic Coconut Oil, Cold Pressed Raw Pure Extra Virgin, Multi-Purpose, Non-GM, For Hair / Skin / Body Moisturiser, Edible, Gluten Free, Vegetarian (Twin Pack 2 x 500ml Jars = 1L)
Offered by Pipkin LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all the boxes., 5 Oct. 2017
This was a good price for 2 x 500 ml jars. I prefer this size to the litre jars, just for ease of use. Great flavour and quality, ticks all the boxes, and nifty packaging to avoid breakages. I tend to buy one of several favourite brands of coconut oil from Amazon, depending on price. If I need it the next day, I look for a good price via Amazon Prime.

Beyond Broadhall: The '86 Fix Conclusion
Beyond Broadhall: The '86 Fix Conclusion

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 10 Sept. 2017
A must read, if you read book one.

The '86 Fix
The '86 Fix

5.0 out of 5 stars Keith A Pearson is now an auto-buy for me., 10 Sept. 2017
This review is from: The '86 Fix (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book. Be warned though, if you want to read the conclusion of the story, you'll need book two. Not originally intended as a cliffhanger apparently, but I'm just pleased that I didn't have to wait for the second book. I'm not a fan of cliffhangers - at the very least I prefer a heads up in the book synopsis. Having said that, I highly recommend both books. Not my usual genre, but it's a quirky, oddly compelling read. Funny, poignant, and gripping. A must read if you grew up or were a young adult in the eighties. I read both books one after the other. Lost two nights' sleep, but absolutely worth it! Have just bought the author's third book, Who Sent Clement. Mr Pearson is going on my auto-buy author list.

Bet Me
Bet Me

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite romance/romantic comedy of all time., 21 May 2017
This review is from: Bet Me (Kindle Edition)
This book is my happy place. I've read it countless times, and also have it on audiobook. It never gets old. Jennifer Crusie is the master of snappy dialogue, and this book has it in spades. Shamelessly romantic, Cal and Min are my favourite fictional couple, but the supporting cast are equally wonderful and hilarious. A truly classic romantic comedy.

4-Legger® Certified Organic Dog Shampoo - All Natural, Hypoallergenic with Aloe - Lemongrass, Biodegradable, Non-Toxic, Soothing for Normal to Dry and Itchy Allergy Sensitive Skin - 473 ml
Offered by 4-Legger UK

5.0 out of 5 stars The best dog shampoo we've found., 7 May 2017
There are lots of shampoos for dogs with claims that they are all natural, plant-based etc. But when you research the actual ingredients, they aren't always as benign as they first appear. Our dog's wonky immune system has resulted in allergies and skin issues, so it's important that we use as few chemicals and medicated products as possible on her. This 4-Legger organic shampoo fits the bill perfectly, and I've yet to find another that has such quality ingredients, without unecessary additives. It's not a cure for our dog's allergies, it doesn't claim to be, but it's cleansing, calming, gentle on our dog's skin, and leaves her coat in beautiful condition. The gorgeous smell of lemongrass is a bonus. Don't let the fact it's not a thick, gloopy shampoo fool you. That's simply the lack of added "iffy" thickeners. We just add some to warm water in a jug then pour on, lather up and rinse.

Malacetic Otic Wipes - Pack 100
Malacetic Otic Wipes - Pack 100
Offered by Black Cat Medicines

2.0 out of 5 stars Why the added fragrance?, 22 April 2017
It was suggested we use these to help with the skin issues our dog has. She's been smelling quite yeasty, so we've wiped her face and coat etc after walks (allergies). We used them for a few days, but have switched to a mild hypochlorous acid spray, because the wipes made our dog's coat feel sticky, and the disgusting fake apple fragrance smells worse than her yeasty aroma! The active ingredients in the Malacetic wipes are basically vinegar and boric acid. They don't need a fake fragrance. Already she is smelling less yeasty, without resorting to products containing potential irritants. If you have a dog with sensitive skin or allergies, it's probably as well to avoid unnecessary additives.

Pretty Face (London Celebrities)
Pretty Face (London Celebrities)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wonderful!, 22 Feb. 2017
This is without doubt my favourite book of the year so far (I read a lot of books) 😉 I've been looking forward to it since I read Act Like It, last year. No need to explain the plot, suffice to say Lucy Parker is a breath of fresh air in the romance genre. Intelligent and witty, her writing flows beautifully, the pacing is perfect, and her characters are so beautifully fleshed out, you can't help but empathise with them, and laugh (or cry) with them. An absolute joy to read! Now to listen to the audiobook. 😀

Fine Bedding Company Spundown Smartfil Non-allergenic Washable Synthetic Duvet / Quilt, 10.5 Tog - Double Size
Offered by Ideal Textiles

4.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortably warm!, 16 Feb. 2017
The duvet feels lovely and soft. Delivery was fine. Felt strange after using down duvets for many years, but ethically sourced down is very expensive (and how can you be sure), and I also love the idea of being able to machine wash at 60 degrees, so decided to switch to manmade. The downside is the temperature regulation though. We bought the 10.5 tog, but it's uncomfortably hot! Thinking we might need a 4.5 tog, but that would make it an expensive purchase! Good duvet if you feel very cold in bed, if not, consider a lower tog rating.

Scot-Petshop Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags (Dog Poo Bag/Dog Waste Bags) x 500, Eco Friendly, Bulk Buy
Offered by Scot-Petshop Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars The best poop bags!, 26 Jan. 2017
Best poop bags we've found. Couldn't go back to those skinny, wafer thin bags now. Excellent quality and great service.

Showmance
Showmance

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit!, 17 May 2016
This review is from: Showmance (Kindle Edition)
Every time I read a new book by L H Cosway, I'm in awe of how she manages to find new ways to excite and delight her readers. The settings are unexpected and unusual, her characters richly drawn, and her writing flows beautifully, drawing you in to her fascinating worlds, while still making sure you relate and empathise with her hero and heroine. Showmance is no exception. Beautifully paced, a simmering, yet passionate romance, and a story which evokes all manner of emotions. I refuse to give anything away, but there were moments in this book which simply overwhelmed me. The author is an auto-buy for me, but this book is very special. I loved every page.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3