Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Player and the Pixie (Rugby Book 2)
The Player and the Pixie (Rugby Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun ride!, 19 April 2016
The second book in the Rugby series, and my two favourite authors have done it again, producing another wonderfully entertaining romantic comedy. Their writing merges beautifully and flows effortlessly, telling the tale of two gorgeous characters who, on paper, shouldn't be a good fit, and the hilarious, embarrassingly awkward, and occasionally heart-rending circumstances they endure in the search for their happy ever after.

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me

3.0 out of 5 stars Deja vu., 3 Mar. 2016
Hmm. I was looking forward to this book. I've enjoyed this author's books so far, although in a couple, the editing could have been better. This one left me disappointed, and so frustrated at times, I almost gave up. I enjoy Ms Zapata's signature slow burn romances, her characters, and the humour, and I liked Vanessa and Aiden. But I couldn't help the sense of deja vu I felt reading this book. I hate to say it, but it reminded me a little too much of Kulti (which was a very good book). I've read so many authors who churn out pretty much the same book under a different title, so it's a pet peeve of mine. It might have been different enough to keep me engrossed, had the book not been padded out with unnecessary and repetitive inner monologue and information. Part way through I was skimming the book, to get the next relevant part of the story. I got it, he had long lashes, his cheek twitched, he glowered a lot, his voice was rough, she had a tough childhood, blah, blah, blah. Too much! Once again, the editing (and grammar) could have, should have been much better. A potentially great story with too much padding, not enough editing.

Artistic License
Artistic License

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story., 23 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Artistic License (Kindle Edition)
I was told about this book after reading Act Like It, by Lucy Parker, which I loved. This book is written by the same author, with a different pen name. It's a wonderful story, beautifully written, and I cannot wait to read more by this author. It's one of the best romances I've read in a while, and the author will be an auto-buy for me from now on.

Act Like It: A Slow-Burn Romance
Act Like It: A Slow-Burn Romance

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 10 Feb. 2016
This book came highly recommended, and I'm so happy I decided to buy it! It's a funny, smart, poignant, well written book, and I look forward to reading more from Lucy Parker. An excellent debut novel. By the end I was completely smitten with Richard, and Lainie is adorable.

Into The Night We Shine (Double Blind Study Book 7)
Into The Night We Shine (Double Blind Study Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five shiny stars!, 2 Jan. 2016
Ms Hutchinson obviously loves her readers. I suspect most of us who read her Double Blind Study series were bereft when it ended. It was incredibly sad saying goodbye to the wonderful characters I'd grown to love. So it was with gratitude and delight that I read Into The Night We Shine. Sweet little catch-ups with all my favourites, and then a big, tasty bite of Carl and Miranda's story. I was not expecting that!! I savoured every word. I urge anyone who likes their romance novels well-written, smart, funny and sometimes poignant, to read the Double Blind Study series from the beginning. Then you'll have this little delight to close with. Enjoy!

Ninja At First Sight: An Origin Story (Knitting in the City)
Ninja At First Sight: An Origin Story (Knitting in the City)

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunningly beautiful romance., 23 Nov. 2015
This series just gets better and better, and it was amazing from the beginning! Don't let the size of this book fool you. It is a prequel, a taster, if you like, of what is to come with Greg And Fiona's story, in January 2016. But this precious book is a real treasure. One I will pick up and read whenever I need a reminder of what real love is. Penny Reid has some sort of magic, I swear. She conjures up characters so real, you can hear their voices in your head. You can see them. You feel their emotions. You recognise those emotions. And oh, they are so beautifully portrayed. I wept. Not because it was sad, but because my heart was full. This is romance on a whole new level. I have loved everything Penny Reid has written to date. My favourite book and characters change on a daily basis, they are all so good! But if I could choose one book to offer a reader a taste of Penny Reid, this would be it. This one truly highlights her superior talent for writing smart romance. Just wait until January. Ms Reid will have our heads spinning when we meet Greg and Fiona again in Happily Ever Ninja. I want everyone to read this book!

Kulti
Kulti

5.0 out of 5 stars A compelling read., 26 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Kulti (Kindle Edition)
This book came highly recommended. I'd read the good reviews, but held back on buying it, mostly because I'm not a soccer fan. What a huge mistake, I am so happy I changed my mind because this book is excellent! If you prefer a fast-paced, insta-love romance, then please, read this anyway. It sucked me right in, unable to focus on anything else until I finished the story. The friendship and love that builds between Rey and Sal is an absolute joy to see unfold. I love this author's style and will definitely be reading more.

Restless Waters: A Left Drowning Novel (Left Drowning Series Book 2)
Restless Waters: A Left Drowning Novel (Left Drowning Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly excellent sequel to Left Drowning. A stunningly beautiful book, which I cannot recommend highly enough., 19 Oct. 2015
Excellent!

Brand New Sky (Double Blind Study Book 6)
Brand New Sky (Double Blind Study Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brand New Sky, 24 Sept. 2015
A beautiful finale to a stunning series. Sway's story was worth the wait. A beautiful, sweet romance, but I am so sad to say goodbye to the characters in the Double Blind Study series.

CAPTURE: Elements of Chemistry (Hypothesis Series Book 3)
CAPTURE: Elements of Chemistry (Hypothesis Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Capture ❤️, 11 May 2015
What an amazing finale to this trilogy. The way it picks up after the cliffhanger of part 2 is just perfect, and although it was an agonising wait for part 3 (although actually not long at all), I completely understand and appreciate why Penny Reid chose to do this, and for me, it only added to the story, and helped evoke those gut twisting, heart wrenching emotions of young love torn apart, and the ensuing agony. This book has a different pace from the first two. It's a slow burn, but wow, does it burn beautifully! Martin stole my heart in Heat, but in Capture, I fell hook, line and sinker. Just throw away the key, I'm good here! I happily forgave Kaitlyn's occasional blindness to what was going on, because she is young, inexperienced in matters of the heart, and she was hurt badly, which at any age can knock your confidence and make you doubt yourself and misjudge situations. But throughout the series she has been the smart, loyal, and often hysterically funny girl most of us would love as a best friend. I'm desperate to avoid spoilers here. Expect the usual top notch writing from Penny Reid, and well... just read the damn book!! 😉

Page: 1 | 2 | 3