Profile for Ken > Reviews

Time Tutelary Automatic Watch Winder
Time Tutelary Automatic Watch Winder
Price: 31.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant be beaten for the price., 16 Jan. 2013
I think its a brilliant bit of kit, for under 23 quid you dont expect a lot. Its solid, neat looking and does what its supposed to. I think the cushion idea of holding the watch is a great, you dont need a degee in engineering to figure it out. I expect a 5 year old could figure out how to make it work. People who are upset by it not being in a solid mahogany case, should pay solid mahogany prices and I expect their homes are full of TVs, telephones and other things made out of black plastic anyway. I have a very old Rotary kinetic watch and the capacitor isn't what it used to be. It keeps perfect time but stops after about 3 days on my crippled left arm. If I wear it on my right arm it keeps going, my left just doesn't move around enough. I ran the winder backward and forwards for about 9 hours solid, got the capacitor good and hot once again and now normal 1 in 3 hour running is all it takes to keep it hot. Now if I dont want to wear my big solar powered diving watch, I have a smart accurate watch I can wear.

Citizen Eco-Drive Gents' Professional Diver Watch, Solar Powered
Citizen Eco-Drive Gents' Professional Diver Watch, Solar Powered

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great watch, 18 Dec. 2012
Although quite large it doesn't attract unwanted attention. I was lucky and had a couple of sunny days to really get some charge into it. Its very easy to see and even in the dark its the first watch I have had in many years, I can see without putting my glasses on. I'm not a diver and very seldom go swimming if I can help it. I just like to have an easy to read, solid built watch that I dont have to worry about getting wet. Even in the pouring rain on my motorbike, I dont have to bother about my watch. Its the perfect watch to set up, put it on and forget about it. I dont think the ND Limits will last very long on the strap, but I have never had to make decompression stops when getting out of the bath. I think for the price, Citizen are on a winner here.

Netgear Ready Nas NV+ 4 Bay Gigabit Desktop Network Storage System
Netgear Ready Nas NV+ 4 Bay Gigabit Desktop Network Storage System

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit., 16 Nov. 2012
I haven't got a set of drives yet, waiting for the prices to drop again. I filled it up with 4 spare drives I had and had no trouble setting it up. I put in a 2 TB Seagate, 2 x 1 TB Samsung and a 750 GB Toshiba, it was up and running in about an hour. It took just a matter of minutes for the computers to find all the drives on the network and everything is working fine. I was a bit worried about having the odd drives and was willing to settle for the 2 matching Samsung, but I had nothing to worry about. I also have a LG NAS with a DVD drive on the network, two laptops and a netbook. I can juggle files and folders between all of them without any bother. Although the NAS is Linux, all the drives were formatted NTFS and it certainly didn't slow the installation up. I am more than pleased with it and anyone who has any bother must be doing something wrong. I am running Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate on all my machines. The old laptop and netbook are x 86. The main computer and new laptop are x 64. I plan to get 4 x 3 TB drives and set it up as a RAID array in the new year. I have got plenty of room on the main computer to move backup folders during the change over and I'm not expecting any bother.

Jabra C510 Corded Headset - Bulk Packaging
Jabra C510 Corded Headset - Bulk Packaging

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price., 11 Aug. 2012
You cant go wrong for the price of this earpiece. It is as comfortable as the wave and works well, but seems to make my voice sound a bit tinny. The Wave corded is the better buy out of the two Jabra corded earpieces and I keep this one as a backup, something can always happen even to the best.

Jabra WAVE Corded Mono Headset - Black
Jabra WAVE Corded Mono Headset - Black
Offered by Technomobiles2016
Price: 11.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Earpiece, 11 Aug. 2012
I'm more than pleased with this earpiece. Around the house I use the Bluetooth Wave, I can just leave the phone on the side and dont need to carry it around. I have only got one hand, cant do anything else while holding a phone and I often need to write things down. The Jabra Gelbuds are the only earpieces that dont make my ears sore. They are so comfortable, I forget about them and I'm scared I'm going to lose it while I'm out and about. This corded one is perfect for running around, it is clipped to my collar and cant get lost even if it did fall out. Its fairly cheap to buy and does exactly what I need it for. Between the two, I always have my hand free. Although I'm wearing one or the other all day long, I dont have any trouble with my ear at all.

GEM Compact Camera Case for Nikon COOLPIX L810/P510
GEM Compact Camera Case for Nikon COOLPIX L810/P510
Offered by GEM Bags & Cases
Price: 25.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bag., 3 Aug. 2012
I can carry my Nikon Coolpix P510 bridge camera with room to spare, it would take a small DSLR. I put my spare cards and screen protectors in the flap pocket and spare batteries in the side pocket. I keep an extended battery, battery charger and cables in the front pocket. I can hook that up and charge a spare battery while on the move. A very strong well made case, first class for what I want.

6 Pairs Mens Long 'Red Hot Sox' thermal black Winter socks Size 6-11
6 Pairs Mens Long 'Red Hot Sox' thermal black Winter socks Size 6-11
Offered by online wholesale uk
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boot Socks., 3 Aug. 2012
I have just spent a month hiking a lot of miles per day and they are not showing any signs of wear. They are comfortable and have kept my feet as good as before I started.

Jabra100-93040000-61 Jabra Wave (BT3040) EMEA Pack UK Charger
Jabra100-93040000-61 Jabra Wave (BT3040) EMEA Pack UK Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of Kit, 3 Aug. 2012
The first one I got had a faulty battery and although it worked fine it wouldn't hold its charge for more than a day, even turned off. I sent it back, they replaced it and it the best one I have ever had. Its too comfortable and I do forget its there. I can go anywhere in my flat without my phone, even downstairs and out on the porch and I dont lose connection. Really great range, my Blackberry Torch auto answers and I just click the button on the mic to hang up. Outside I'm scared of losing it, so I have bought a corded one. Then if that falls off its clipped to my collar and it cant get broke or lost. I have only got one hand, I cant do anything if I'm holding a phone and an earpiece is a great help. I have tried several different ones over the years and they all make my ears sore in the end. The Jabra can be worn all the time in the same ear and it never gets sore. The soft gell earpiece is a great invention and its so simple that no one else has thought of it. Even after the bad start, I became a Jabra fan very quickly.

Invero USB Slim Camera Charger + Car Charger for Olympus LI-50B
Invero USB Slim Camera Charger + Car Charger for Olympus LI-50B
Offered by Invero
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little Charger, 4 July 2012
I bought one of these for my Nikon and like it so much, I bought another which charges the batteries of both my other 2 cameras. Both chargers and their cables, fit in one pocket on my camera bag along with the extended battery. A mains charger with its cables and plug, wouldn't even fit in the pocket. First class.

Invero  USB Slim Camera Charger + Car Charger for Nikon Coolpix P510 Digital Camera
Invero USB Slim Camera Charger + Car Charger for Nikon Coolpix P510 Digital Camera
Offered by Invero
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Charger, 4 July 2012
Handy slim little charger, that fits neatly into my camera case. I was so pleased with it, I bought another. Now I can charge the batteries of all my 3 cameras off 2 chargers. I carry a small extended battery that I can charge one battery off, while using another in my camera. While away from home I can charge off my laptop when its plugged in and not have to carry the heavier mains chargers with their plugs and heavy cables. I give these full marks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4