Profile for Bony Tanks > Reviews

Bony Tanks

BaByliss for Men 7810U Beard Trimmer
BaByliss for Men 7810U Beard Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool for Movember., 8 Nov. 2012
My son has one of these and when I wanted something to keep me in shape during Movember I thought I'd get one too. It takes a bit of getting used to but basically does what it says on the tin.

Aja
Aja

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Steely Dan, 7 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Aja (Audio CD)
I bought the vinyl in 1977 and have always loved this album for it's amazing musicianship, brilliant production and iconic songs from that period. The re-mastered CD has exactly the same atmosphere as the original vinyl and is best played on quality headphones, or cranked up enough on room speakers to appreciate the whole tonal spectrum.

A Curious Feeling
A Curious Feeling

5.0 out of 5 stars How Did I Miss this for 30 years ?, 14 Feb. 2011
This review is from: A Curious Feeling (Audio CD)
I have a curious feeling that I must have had the blinkers on for 30 years since this was first released ! My first ever Genesis album was "...And Then There Were Three", quickly followed by the entire back catalogue. Subsequent years have seen my racks being filled with the entire works of Collins, Hackett, Gabriel and Rutherford, including box sets of Genesis SACDs, but nothing from the guy at the heart of Genesis, Mr Banks (OK, apart from Seven). Still, there is no time like the present for getting acquainted with this work and I have to say that I really like it ! It's the kind of album which grows after a few run-throughs, and now I find myself waking up with a particular sequence or phrase running through my head and lasting the whole day. If I had one tiny dislike it is that "Somebody Else's Dream" is about 2 minutes too long, it's a very challenging piece if you listen intently. However, the reward for sticking with it is the next track "Waters of Lethe" which has just about everything for die-hard Tony fans ! A good 9.5 / 10 for me, and I promise not to wait so long next time !
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2015 11:41 AM BST