Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit
Profile for Oli > Reviews

Content by Oli

Oli

Page: 1 | 2
Fargo: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
Fargo: Season 2 [Blu-ray]

4.0 out of 5 stars Fargo S2 - aside from a few quirks an engrossing story with a great cast., 26 May 2017
I really loved Season 1 of Fargo so it was inevitable I'd get Season 2. I was initially concerned that Season 2 didn't seem to be available on bluray in the UK so I took a gamble on buying this based on reviewers saying it was Region Free. I'm happy to confirm that this bluray does indeed play on my Sony BDP-S5200 bluray player.

Anyway, I enjoyed this very much but please don't expect it to be as good as Season 1 - it isn't. Of course, Season 1 was so good that not very much is as good as it was, so don't take that as too much of a negative. There are really good performances from Wilson and Danson and the rest of the cast too is solid. There are some quirks with the story that kind of spoilt it for me - those who have seen this will know exactly what I mean. Aside from those quirks, it's a very engrossing story and well worth buying IMO.

Eheim Aquarium Air Pump 100 / 3701 With Free 3 M Of Airline! Value Pack
Eheim Aquarium Air Pump 100 / 3701 With Free 3 M Of Airline! Value Pack
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

5.0 out of 5 stars Very quiet and excellent quality., 28 April 2017
I have a biorb 60L and anyone who has one will know just how noisy the pump is that comes with it. I was horrified by it!! Anyway, here's your solution. This pump is unbelievably quiet - albeit I have it close to the lowest setting but this is still more powerful than the biorb pump. It connects to the biorb airline so all you have to do is connect it and plug it in. And then enjoy the quiet!!

Darling Cellars Chocoholic Pinotage 2015 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)
Darling Cellars Chocoholic Pinotage 2015 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice bottle of wine, 17 Dec. 2015
A very nice bottle of wine. It's smooth and full of flavours that the more discerning drinker will enjoy picking out. Don't be put off by the gimmicky name, it's a really good wine!! Enjoy.

Krups Nespresso Inissia Coffee Capsule Machine - Ruby Red
Krups Nespresso Inissia Coffee Capsule Machine - Ruby Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Nespresso By KRUPS Inissia Ruby Red, 25 April 2015
Superb machine. Very simple to use, which is just as well because the instructions that come with it are very poor. The machine comes with 16 different capsules so you can try varying coffee's with different intensity ratings. The coffee is very good indeed, and it is produced very quickly so you're not waiting around. It's very easy to maintain and I am happy to recommend it to anyone looking for such a machine.

I personally did not see the value of paying an extra £50 or so for an extra aerocinno that basically heats up your milk and whisks it at the same time. I can do that myself with a pan or microwave - but each to their own on that one.

The bottom line is that the coffee is fantastic and the machine is well made and easy to use.

HP 932XL Black/933XL Cyan/Magenta/Yellow 4-pack Original Ink Cartridges (C2P42AE)
Offered by Inkubus Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value & genuine HP, 24 Mar. 2015
I went to my local office supplies store (Staples) and these ink cartridges were over £72. So it was a no-brainer to buy them from Amazon at just over £40 and save a fortune in the process. My printer recognised them as genuine HP and they work great - happy days!! Highly recommended.

Philips DIY Hair Clipper QC5570/13 with 180 Degree Rotation for Easy Reach
Philips DIY Hair Clipper QC5570/13 with 180 Degree Rotation for Easy Reach

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips QC5570/13 DIY Easy Reach 180 Degree Hair Clipper, 14 Jun. 2014
My old Remington clippers sadly passed away. They were loyal and had been in the family for some years. They needed replacing.

I opted for this model cos I liked the reviews and I didn't want to spend more than £30.

On the positive side, they feel good in the hand and they feel great when they're doing your hair. My old Remington could sometimes hurt when using but this item has really soft, flexible heads that feel great. It holds a lot of charge and is quick to charge up too.

On the negative side, the instructions that come with them are very poor - no words just a few diagrams. Really?? And also, when using for the first time I misread the dial that tells you how long/short the blade will cut and I ended up with a shorter cut than I've ever had before. Not a problem for me but it could be for some people!! Also, when holding this item it seems like it would be easy to move the gauge that determines the length of the cut so you could be doing your hair, or worse someone else's, and part way through move the gauge and now you're cutting their hair shorter than you/they want. This hasn't happened to me but it feels like it could easily happen is all I'm saying.

And most disturbing of all, the unit can be rinsed under the tap to clean it and remove the hair from it. This is a great feature but when I was holding the unit after I noticed water dripping from the bottom of it - where you plug it in to charge!! Now I can't remember much about my school science lessons but I'm pretty sure that water and electricity aren't supposed to come into contact with each other!! This bothers me. I'm still alive and able to write this review but this feature, as good as it is, concerns me.

Another negative is that there is no tapering head for doing around the ears for example.

It seems like I've concentrated on the negative stuff but I think people need to be aware of them is all. On the whole I really like the item and it did a great job of my hair, even if it was shorter than I would have normally done!!

So far, I'm very happy with them and if I have any issues I'll report back. But they do need clearer instructions though!!!!

BlueRigger Basic High Speed HDMI Cable - 2m (6.6 Feet) - Supports 4K, Ultra HD, 3D, 1080p, Ethernet and Audio Return (Latest Standard)
Offered by BlueRigger LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars BlueRigger High speed HDMI Cable 2 Meters (2M), 14 Jun. 2014
It's a HDMI cable. Either it works or it doesn't. Mine works. End of review!! I would also add that it feels well made in the hand, solid and like it's likely to last a while. But it works as a HDMI cable and I really can't believe that shops like Maplins are still selling HDMI cables for £30-50. I kid you not. It's a cable!! Even if it has 24 ct gold plating on it, it's still just a cable with about 50 pence worth of gold on the connectors. I paid £5 for this which is still pricey for a HDMI cable but will do the same job as a £50 cable. Go figure.

Anyway, this item feels well made and it works. Recommended.

Amplified Freeview TV Aerial HD - August DTA300B - Active High Gain Indoor Television Antenna for Kitchen / Bedroom / Study with LTE Filter and Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars August DTA300B Amplified Freeview TV Aerial - Indoor Digital Antenna, 14 Jun. 2014
I bought this to use with a new Samsung 32" smart tv for the kids bedroom - so no conventional aerial outlet in there. As expected the tv found 0 channels with no aerial attachment and I wasn't sure which one to get. I read some reviews on Amazon and was guided by the price too - affordability is not an issue but I just didn't want to spend much on an aerial yet I obviously wanted something good that would get the best out of the tv.

In the end I opted for the August DTA300B and once connected the tv auto-tuned and found over 140 tv & radio channels. The quality of the picture is very good which leads me to conclude that this aerial has done its job!!

Therefore I would recommend this item. My only gripe - and it's fairly minor given that the product works - is that the lead from the electrical socket to the aerial could be longer allowing you greater flexibility to position the aerial. Obviously you're limited by how long the cable is and also how long the actual aerial cable from the tv to the item is. Like I said it's a minor gripe for me cos it works fine where it is.

Sony BDPS5200 3D Smart Blu-ray Player with Super Wi-Fi
Sony BDPS5200 3D Smart Blu-ray Player with Super Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony BDPS5200 3D Smart Blu-ray Player with Super Wi-Fi, 9 Jun. 2014
The first thing that strikes you when you open this item is how small & lightweight it is. No disrespect to other "lesser" brands, but if it said Daewoo or Bush on the unit, instead of Sony, you would be forgiven for thinking that it was cheap & nasty in the hand. Time will tell, but as it's a Sony I'm expecting the build quality to be worthy of the Sony brand and I think it looks really good.

The initial set up is very simple - plug it in and attach a HDMI cable (not included) and you're ready to go. There's an initial set up process to follow which is straightforward enough but I would have liked more explanation about some of the options I was being asked about. Setting up the wireless connection was easy and the unit did a software update immediately.

I haven't really used any of the Smart features yet, other than a brief initial tour, but they look good and easy to access. I would have preferred a different layout when it comes to accessing these functions but this is, I suppose, a minor point. It has all the usual Smart features, such as Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, apps, music, Sony Entertainment Network, etc etc and also a web browser and has turned my tv in to a Smart tv!!

As far as playing blurays goes then it is much quicker to load than my previous Panasonic unit, which seemed to take forever sometimes, and the menus are very accessible from the small remote control. On this point, the remote is about half the size of my Panasonic remote yet it has all the functionality still. It's really simply designed and I guess some people may be critical of this. Like the unit itself, the remote is small & lightweight but it seems to do the job very well.

All-in-all I would say this is a very good piece of kit. I paid less than £100 for it and it has much more functionality than my old Panasonic which cost nearly twice as much. It's early days yet but I have no hesitation in recommending it - for the money I think it's a great buy!!

SAMAR - Supreme Quality New iPhone SE / 5 / 5S / 5C Crystal Clear Screen Protectors (Released 2013-2016) 6 in Pack - Includes Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Offered by SAMAR MOBILES

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to fit, 8 May 2014
The product itself is excellent however I found them very awkward to fit without getting bubbles around the edge. Also, if you have your phone in a case then the case can also cause bubbling of the screen protector.

I'd still use them but if bubbles are gonna cause you aesthetic nightmares then this product may not be for you. Alternatively, get someone better than you to fit them!! :)

Page: 1 | 2