Profile for Emily<3 > Reviews

You Had Me At Hello
You Had Me At Hello
by Mhairi McFarlane

5.0 out of 5 stars This book had me on the first page!, 1 Sept. 2013
This review is from: You Had Me At Hello (Paperback)
From the very start, I was absolutely hooked on this book! A feel good read which will have you turning the pages and falling in love with these characters.
Don't miss out!

Point of Retreat
Point of Retreat
by Colleen Hoover
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 20 May 2013
'Point of Retreat' and 'Slammed' are absolute perfection. The characters are brilliant, the writing is witty and you really feel connected to the story and the emotions that the characters are feeling. I loved the poetry aspect of it, it made both books more thoughtful, more beautiful and quite emotional. The poems were my favourite parts of each book.
The writer is brilliant, she had me grabbing for the tissues one minute and laughing out loud the next.
Will is everybody's dream man - gorgeous, romantic, compassionate, romantic, poetic and puts everyone's needs ahead of his own.
And there's one word that comes to mind when I think of Lake - hilarious! I loved reading 'Slammed' written from her p.o.v simply for this reason.

The story is incredible and extremely inspirational. I am of the same age as Will and Lake and I can't imagine having to take on the responsibilities that they have. It truly makes you want to be a better person.

Buy it! There wasn't one word in either of these books which disappointed me. Don't miss out!

Free Falling
Free Falling
by Kirsty Moseley

4.0 out of 5 stars Read in the book in one day!, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Free Falling (Paperback)
This is the 3rd book I have read by Kirsty Moseley.
Although I was disappointed at the end, I was never rooting for Luke and was always rooting for Zach but I was gutted when the book revealed a shocking twist at the end - which I won't spoil for you. Although it was a good twist, I wish it had ended differently.
I'd love it if she brought out another book more focused on Zach! :)

The Host
The Host
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Original, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Host (Paperback)
I decided to read The Host because I am a huge Twilight fan. But for those who were not impressed with the vampire series, do not rule out this book! It's so incredibly different you would never have believed it's written and imagined by the same author! Although the book is very long and at times I must admit, a little tedious, it suddenly grips you again. The plot is extremely fascinating as its something that nobody has really touched before, it's original. The characters are interesting, unpredictable and inspiring. I definitely recommend this read! :)

The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window
The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window
by Kirsty Moseley

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE - buy it!!, 7 Dec. 2012
There's no words to describe just how much I adored this book, I read it in under a day. I loved every single character (apart from her father and the high school bitch of course) - both Amber and Liam were such lovable characters. Liam was cute, gorgeous and incredibly sweet - every girl would fall for him, he's the perfect boyfriend. Amber is a funny, naive, believable character - she was not a wet blanket like a lot of female characters in love stories, she gave Liam as good as she got. I found her an entertaining, quick witted character.
If you love romance and you want an easy going, fun loving and heart warming book to read on a rainy day - this is highly reccommended!
Although I must add, the editing was poor as there were several occurences of mis-typing (repetitive/misspelt/lack of words) but because I loved the story so much - I let it go over my head!
GIRLS - READ THIS BOOK!

LOL [DVD]
LOL [DVD]
Dvd ~ Miley Cyrus

3.0 out of 5 stars 50/50, 6 Nov. 2012
This review is from: LOL [DVD] (DVD)
Although the film didn't really have much of a plot and I don't feel like I learnt anything from it, it was still a pleasure to watch - a good film if your in the mood to just chill out for a couple of hours and aren't in the mood for a movie too hard going. I love Miley Cyrus so I may be biased but I can admit that it's not the best film of the year and the plot is a little weak, I still found it enjoyable to watch.

Reflected in You (Crossfire, Book 2)
Reflected in You (Crossfire, Book 2)
by Sylvia Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every word!, 6 Nov. 2012
I've just finished reading this book and I loved every single word of it! Sylvia Day has the ability to capture your imagination, make you fall in love with her characters and make you eat, breathe and dream this book! I have spent every waking minute I could reading this book and if something pulled me away from it, I couldn't wait to get back to it to get my head and my heart back into the story. A must read and a million times better than Fifty Shades!! - I can't believe I have to wait until May to read the next one!

The Perks of Being a Wallflower [DVD]
The Perks of Being a Wallflower [DVD]
Dvd ~ Logan Lerman

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind blowing!, 10 Oct. 2012
I saw this at the cinema recently and it was absolutely amazing! I can't wait until it becomes available for DVD. After loving the film so much I decided to go ahead and order the book, I'm reading it now and it's just as enjoyable. Truly amazing story that touches you on so many levels, it really pulls on your heart strings. Everything about it I loved, the acting, the storyline, the music. In the book, Charlie mentions that he likes to come out of the cinema and feel like the movie changed you in some way, you feel different - this film absolutely did that for me! A MUST BUY. And Emma Watson is simply lovely, but that didn't surprise me.

Johnny English Reborn [DVD]
Johnny English Reborn [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rowan Atkinson
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 29 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Johnny English Reborn [DVD] (DVD)
This is such a funny film! I recommend anyone who has a sense of humour to watch it! It will have you in stitches :) This guy is a genius!

The Twilight Saga Complete Collection: 5 Volume Boxed Set
The Twilight Saga Complete Collection: 5 Volume Boxed Set
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 21 Nov. 2011
If you are one of the few people who constantly hate on twilight, see it as gothic, awkward, pathetic and soppy. YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS. I don't feel that anyone can have an opinion on the series until they have read the books and interpreted the love story as Stepehenie Meyer intended. Don't get me wrong, the films are brilliant, (especially breaking dawn - saw it in cinema, best one so far) but you can't fully appreciate the brilliant, inventive story if you have only seen it on the TV screen. The books show so much insight to the couple and how they feel for one another, it also represents Bella in a totally different way, whereas in the films she is viewed as morbid and miserable. It reveals so many important parts of the story that are so detailed which they miss out in the films. And for people who see it as gothic, do you live under a rock? Stephenie Meyer began a whole new representation of vampirism which is the opposite of gothic. A beautiful, wealthy vampire who doesn't thirst on people, lives in a bright open home, doesn't sleep in a coffin and sparkles in the sunlight shows the complete opposite of gothic. Yes, the secluded, rainforest area is pretty gothic but that's all! I am certainly no goth, just a normal teenage girl which is why I relate to Bella so much. The books/films aren't aimed at a gothic audience, they are aimed at girls/young women who believe in love, want to escape reality and can relate to normal teenage girls like Bella who falls in love with a beautiful, handsome, mythical creature who seems totally out of her reach. It adds to the element of fantasy, and the high school drama elements adds versimilitude to the teen romance. If you haven't read these wonderful books, I suggest you buy this instant, I assure you, you won't be able to put it down!
One of my all time favourite books - and I read a lot!