Profile for Mr. Jake Croot > Reviews

Content by Mr. Jake Croot

Mr. Jake Croot "The Laughingman"

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back [DVD]
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Hamill

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't order this but got it anyway, 24 May 2016
I didn't order this, I ordered the the special edition DVD with both versions of the film on, instead I got a copy of the film I've already got, this is the crappy final cut of the film complete with different dialogue, clone Boba Fett and a pointless tour around cloud city!
If none of that bothers you then it's alright, the covers nice and the quality is good, but I didn't order this!

The Stuff [Dual Format DVD & Blu-ray]
The Stuff [Dual Format DVD & Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Michael Moriarty

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough, of the Arrow release of the Stuff, 16 Jun. 2015
I got this for my friend, because it's one of his favourite films. I loved it, it's funny and cheesy and made me want ice cream.
The Blu Ray itself is great and my friend and I were really impressed.
The special features are also really good, with great interviews.
I highly recommend this film, it's fun, cheesy and just a little bit creepy!

The Complete Chronicles of Conan: Centenary Edition
The Complete Chronicles of Conan: Centenary Edition
by Robert E. Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars The one and only, 22 Sept. 2008
I highly recommend this book, it is the only conan book you need.
I got this after watching the film and reading a couple of the comics. It blows the film out of the water, I mean the film is good, but this is so much better.
When you read some of the stories you can see where other authors got their ideas from.
If you like the film, you'll like this and if you like fantasy you like this. If you are a Robert E Howard fan you'll love this...
...I just hope they release Solomon Kane and Kull editions aswell.

Aliens Vs Predator - Requiem - 2 Disc Ultimate Combat Edition [DVD]
Aliens Vs Predator - Requiem - 2 Disc Ultimate Combat Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steven Pasquale
Offered by wantitcheaper

4.0 out of 5 stars 10 times better than the first, 10 Mar. 2008
This was as you can tell from my title 10 times better than the first pile of rubbish they called an Alien vs Predator film. This film had all the right sound effects and gore, which the first one lacked in.
The only problems I saw with this film were the fact it was still set on Earth. They tried to copy Aliens and it still wasn't set in the Aliens universe.
Apart from those bad bits it was good.
If you like the original films then you'll like this. If you don't like the original films then just think how crap the first AVP film was and give it a try.
Film reveiwers slated it, but the fans will love it.

Civil War
Civil War
by Mark Millar

5.0 out of 5 stars Who's side are you on?, 10 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Civil War (Paperback)
When I first heard about this book, I was very excited and after reading the first issue I wanted more. Its one of the best story lines I've ever read. Not only is the story awesome, but the artwork is amazing. Some of the fight scenes were amazing aswell, all your favourite heroes beating the living daylight out of each other.
I was so excited reading this, I really wanted one team to win. It wasn't like reading a normal story with heroes and villans, it was pretty much just heroes.
This was another great job done by the writer Mark Millar.
I recommend this to anyone who loves superheroes, reads comics or is just getting into comics. I'd also recommend this to anyone who loves a good story.

WORLD WAR HULK
WORLD WAR HULK
by Greg Pak

3.0 out of 5 stars More like Hulkling, 10 Mar. 2008
This review is from: WORLD WAR HULK (Paperback)
When I first saw this was coming out I thought wow, the Hulk is coming back to Earth and he is gonna go nuts and have a massive fight with the Illuminati( Ironman, Dr Strange, Black Bolt, Professor X and Namor). I never read Planet Hulk, but I got the general idea of it from reading Illuminati.
The first couple of issues of World War Hulk were good, but by the third it had slowed down and didn't really seem to be going anywhere. The artwork by John Romita jr is alright, but its not his best work and lets the book down abit.
The World War Hulk tie-ins in my opion were alot better than the main book...
Overall this book is alright if like the Hulk, the army and one of Marvel's most power heroes going toe to toe, but if you want to read a good story that doesn't seem to just disappear half way through the book, I recomment Civil War.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2010 10:29 AM GMT