Profile for Scary Sue > Reviews

Content by Scary Sue

Scary Sue (Cheshire, UK)

Everyone Lies (DI Kate Simms Book 1)
Everyone Lies (DI Kate Simms Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars 99p well spent, 15 Mar. 2014
I sometimes think that the quality of the books I read has become worse because of Kindle. You get what you pay for is very true and some of the horrors I have bought 'because they were cheap' have to be (half) read to be believed. But....sometimes a 99p bargain really delivers and this is one of them. A proper page turner, with well rounded characters and a great, tense plot. Really good writing too.... Just buy it!

Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8,000-Mile Car Journey Around Britain
Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8,000-Mile Car Journey Around Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars A really lovely book, 24 Jan. 2012
I don't often feel the need to review anything on websites but this book was the best 99p I've spent on Amazon. It's funny and moving and unlike lots of 99p books beautifully written. There's lots to identify with, especially if you have kids (but even if you don't), and the writing about his father made me cry. Just buy it.

The Great Vegetable Plot
The Great Vegetable Plot
by Jonathan Buckley

4.0 out of 5 stars A really inspirational book, 15 Nov. 2008
I grow my own and have a number of books on the subject. I love this book mainly because I want to be Sarah Raven. Having said that I refer to it often, beacuse I find it well written and easy to follow. There are lots of books which make veg growing appear far more difficult than it is but this one is written more from the have a go school of thought, which I definitely agree with. If you are a novice gardener then there are better books but if you have gardened a bit and want to try some veg then this book with its fab pics and chatty style is a really inspirational and makes you want to get outside and create a plot to be proud of.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2012 11:06 PM GMT

The Snail and the Whale
The Snail and the Whale
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lovely book..., 22 Jun. 2006
This is a truly lovely book that my son and I now know off by heart. There are very few books that I enjoy reading for the 437th time, but this is one of them. Highly recommended.