Profile for D. Ward > Reviews

The Rough Guide to First-Time Around The World
The Rough Guide to First-Time Around The World
by Doug Lansky

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know, 1 April 2010
I've been reading this book to plan my gap year, and I have to say it has been incredibly useful. It has absolutely all the vital information you need to know before you set off. For example, it has all the obvious info on visas and vaccinations, but also some of the issues you may not have thought of, like what to do with your house while you're gone. Of course it is aimed primarily at budget travellers, but I would say it is still of use to those taking a more comfortable route around the world. I've now loaned the book to my travel partner, and she certainly agrees, it is a brilliant place to start planning your life-changing trip!
I would also reccommend, for more detailed planning of your time in various continents, the rest of Rough Guides First Time series:
The Rough Guide First-time Asia (Rough Guide to First-Time Asia)
The Rough Guide First-Time Latin America (Rough Guide to First-Time Latin America)
The Rough Guide First-time Europe (Rough Guide to First-Time Europe)
A Rough Guide First-Time Africa (Rough Guide Specials)

Bullet in a Bible [CD + DVD]
Bullet in a Bible [CD + DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Gig, 24 Oct. 2005
I've been to a number of Green Day gigs, but this one at Milton Keynes Bowl has got to be the best! As I entered the area I could see the vast number of fans who had turned out to see their idols, it was hard to find space! But anything was worth it it for this gig. The group played a number of old favourites, as well as some of their new numbers and some classic covers (like We are the Champions). And like the great live band they are, they entertained the crowd with their shenanigans (getting fans up on stage to play, a drunk pink bunny and Billie Joe sticking his hands down his pants and getting the crowd to copy his sex noises!) This is definately worth the wait!