Profile for Mark > Reviews

Ultraviolence
Ultraviolence
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Ultraviolence (Audio CD)
I love Lana Del Rey to pieces after getting Born To Die and I was anticipating Ultraviolence and this album does not disappoint. I was sceptical about UV because the first single "West Coast" seemed so different from Lana's BTD formula of beautiful lyrics and vocals combined with orchestral backing and amazing crescendo chorus's (see "National Anthem" for that). The new album is much darker and less string and backing heavy as her previous record. I was worried that I wouldn't love the new Lana as much but then I listened to the album upon release and I found songs that were new but also captivating such as "Brooklyn Baby", "Ultraviolence" and "Sad Girl" as well as some songs that were, to me, pure Lana Del Rey perfection such as "Money Power Glory,"F*cked My Way To The Top" and my personal favourite "Old Money" which had soft vocals and strings that showed Lana Del Rey as the emotional ballad singer that she is and was nothing short of perfection.
However, there were some songs that didn't hook me as the others such as the second single "Shades Of Cool" as well as "Cruel World" Maybe as I listen to the album more I will come to love the songs as I have the others.
I recommend Ultraviolence to any Lana fan because she is still a beautiful artist who produces amazing and sensual songs with the desperation of loving someone you can't have or the story that she is trying to tell coming through with clarity as well as keeping to her well twisting up her formula but still belting out amazing ballads and she still has that crescendo to her songs that draw me back to her. Ultraviolence is beautiful and truly represents music and art in their clearest form.

Sheezus [Explicit]
Sheezus [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant Surprise, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Sheezus [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
I love Lily Allen but this is the first of her albums that I have bought and it did not disappoint. Lily channels new styles in "Sheezus" such as hip-hop, indie and a little bit of dub-step.

Stand-out tracks include
"L8 Cmmr"
"URL Badman"
"Life For Me"
"Silver Spoon"
and "Air Balloon"

Some tracks like "Sheezus", "As Long As I Got You" and "Close Your Eyes" took me a few listens for me to get used to but they are now songs that I enjoy. Some of these songs wil stick in your head and any fan of Lily Allen would find this to be a great addition to their album collection.

Trouble
Trouble
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill second album, 17 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Trouble (Audio CD)
This album is characteristically lighter toned that her debut "Perfectionist" however has many great points and the kills feeling is still there.

My highlights of this album have to be "Rabbit Hole", "Controversy", "Saturday Night" and the title track "Trouble"

Unique and brilliant with a beautiful back story and an interesting contrast from her debut

King Con
King Con

5.0 out of 5 stars New and Fresh Brilliant!, 30 April 2013
This review is from: King Con (MP3 Download)
I first fell in Love with Alex Winston's music due to the Google Ad but now I ador her music, Brilliant Album
Fave tracks:
Velvet Elvis
Fire Ant
Sister Wife
Guts

All other tracks are new to me but I'm glad I found them! Buy now!

Just Dance 4 (Nintendo Wii U)
Just Dance 4 (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by PROGAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!, 24 Dec. 2012
It is a fantastic game with amazing graphics I love how it allows everyone to be part of the JD and party and one person isn't feeling excluded. Love the extra modes and I didn't regret buying it!