Profile for Evs > Reviews

Content by Evs

Evs "Mrs Evs" (South Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Corfu Trilogy
The Corfu Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful books, 23 May 2016
This review is from: The Corfu Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
Brilliantly written and laugh out loud in places account of 'Gerrys' five years in Corfu with his family. It's really a series of anecdotes rather than a full story and is beautifully discriptive. He gives the animals personalities and describes their behaviour with human emotions so that you can completely imagine how they appeared to him. Fantastic.

Women's low Top Canvas Plimsole Lace Up Rubber Toe Trainers White 3
Women's low Top Canvas Plimsole Lace Up Rubber Toe Trainers White 3
Offered by Egotrendô

1.0 out of 5 stars At least one size too small on fit and don't expect them to last more than a few weeks, 18 Mar. 2016
I'm normally size 6 1/2 shoe but size 6 in trainers and Converse. After reading the reviews that these shoes were on the small size I ordered a size 7. They arrived and look great but are extremely small and fit more like a very small 6. I can't comment on the quality as I'm not going to be able to wear them. I contacted the seller and asked for an exchange for a size 8, hoping that they would not be too big. I was told that they don't do exchanges and I have to send them back and reorder. I have tried to do this and no size 8 available. Disappointing.
UPDATE - a few days later, size 8 were available so ordered a pair. They are a different colour and shape to the first pair, which were actually cream not white. I prefer the white and they fit perfectly, as a 6 1/2 would normally fit me. They look good and are very comfortable. I wear little 'invisible ' socks with them. I would never normally order a size 8 shoe. They need to sort out their sizing as I had to pay to send the first pair back and haven't had a refund yet!
FURTHER UPDATE - wore them constantly for a few weeks until the rubber around the edges started to come away from the canvas. Binned them and bought proper converse.

Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner - 385 ml
Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner - 385 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 9 Jan. 2016
I had high hopes for this conditioner after reading the reviews but it doesn't seem to suit my hair at all, which is fine and coloured, not too dry or bleached. It seems to be drying my hair out the more I use it which is odd for a conditioner. I was beginning to wonder if I'd bought a fake product until I read the other negative reviews. I've been persevering but am going to need to use another conditioner along side it, as I'm concerned my hair is going to get damaged. I won't be buying it again

Whitefurze Measuring Jug - Natural 1 pint
Whitefurze Measuring Jug - Natural 1 pint
Offered by Bargain Genie UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little jug, 2 Dec. 2015
Cheap no frills jug. Slightly difficult to see the measurements if measuring hot liquids due to the steam obscuring them. Other than that fine

The Eagle of Spinalonga: Some people were born to soar, no matter what.
The Eagle of Spinalonga: Some people were born to soar, no matter what.
by Nike Azoros

5.0 out of 5 stars Creates an interest, 22 Oct. 2015
This is the first review that I've written for a book but felt compelled to share how fantastic a read I thought this was. I visited Spinalonga in my early 20's as part of an organised boat trip. It held no special interest to me and I found the island depressing with what I saw as a depressing history. It's now over 25 years later and having returned to Crete this year, viewed Spinalonga again from the Elounda coastline and read Victoria Hislops The Island. I've become obsessed. The Eagle of Spinalonga has a slightly different take on events than The Island, though they are similar. It really brought to life the history of the place and is fairly brutal in parts. I thought it was strangely written but didn't realise it was translated from Greek. I actually think this lends more authenticity to the dialogue. It completely held my interest and I couldn't put it down. I'm going back to Crete next year and will definitely be taking a trip over to Spinalonga. This is a story that will stay with you and is highly recommended.

Magnum Magnum Mid Ankle Boots Unisex-Adult black Schwarz (Black 2), 39 EU
Magnum Magnum Mid Ankle Boots Unisex-Adult black Schwarz (Black 2), 39 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but classics are better, 7 Sept. 2015
Nice looking boots. I've had magnum classics before and they were very comfortable. I'm not used to wearing shorter boots and I've found that these are stiff around my ankle, which hurts! Especially after a 12 hour shift! I'm hoping that this wears off. They don't rub my feet at all having said that. They are roomy.. I'm normally a size 6.5 - 7 and ordered a 6 which fits just fine. These get four stars because of the stiff ankle and they're not quite as good as classics.

20 Pairs of 3M 1100 Ear Plugs
20 Pairs of 3M 1100 Ear Plugs
Offered by Prominent

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, 31 July 2015
Not as good as the brand I normally buy, although they look almost identical. Having said that they are cheaper but I probably won't buy them again.

ASICS Gel-Pulse 6,  Women's Multisport Outdoor Shoes,  Pink (Hot Pink/White/Onyx 2001), 7 UK (40.5 EU)
ASICS Gel-Pulse 6, Women's Multisport Outdoor Shoes, Pink (Hot Pink/White/Onyx 2001), 7 UK (40.5 EU)
Offered by Start Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trainers, 31 July 2015
Fabulous looking trainers. I always run in Asics but haven't tried these out yet so can't comment on performance. Hoping to run the Great North Run in them as I have every confidence ☺️

SODIAL(R) Sleep aid Eye Mask Blindfold Comfortable Sleeping Mask Rest Relax ...
SODIAL(R) Sleep aid Eye Mask Blindfold Comfortable Sleeping Mask Rest Relax ...
Offered by PGTA

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 July 2015
This eye mask is ok. I've ordered three in total as they are so cheap. My only complaint is that the straps on all three have broken and have had to be repaired. Having said that they've really helped with sleeping off nights and are lightweight so no heavy pressure on my eyes. I'm sure that there are better quality eye masks out there but this suits me at the moment.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine product, 26 July 2015
Genuine Apple product. I've had it a week and have had no issues with it so happy with that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5