Profile for I. R. Phillips > Reviews

Content by I. R. Phillips

I. R. Phillips (Marlow, Engalnd)

The River & The Thread
The River & The Thread
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL MUSIC, 5 April 2014
This review is from: The River & The Thread (Audio CD)
This is magnificent music that just inside your head. Perfect voice, great lyrics, a full sound with some very talented players. I have always like Rosanne and this music is just magnificent. Get it and be surprised!

Fantasie
Fantasie

5.0 out of 5 stars A STUNNING ARTIST, 22 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Fantasie (Audio CD)
Well I just was totally amazed when I heard Nicola play. The music is so lyrical and her feeling comes through the lovely recording. I may not know much about music especially classical but this CD is just wonderful. Please listen to her then decided. I highly recommended this.

It's Not Me It's You
It's Not Me It's You
Offered by DVDBayFBA

2.0 out of 5 stars Crude pop, 23 Aug. 2009
This review is from: It's Not Me It's You (Audio CD)
Shame about her bad language and badly pronounced words (sheer laziness or is it essex girl afliction?) because the tunes are good, production is good and singing is spot on. Sorry but foul language and lazy words make her pretty immature. When she grows up I think she will be excellent.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2009 1:53 PM BST

Live In London
Live In London
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST CONCERT I HAVE EVER ATTENDED, 21 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Live In London (Audio CD)
We were lucky enough to be at the very o2 concert in the summer of 2008. Within 2 songs I whispered to my guest that I thought it was going to one of the best musical experiences of my life. Well it was, so much so that we went to see him again at Birmingham. His concerts and voice are amazing; he was so gracious and genuinely had such empathy and love with his audience. I am sure many people think of him as producing suicide-student-bed-sit music. This is so far from the truth, listen to this concert and you will see what I mean. He has a huge span of styles, often with varied pace and uses such carefully crafted words. He covered his whole lifetime of songs so everyone was happy and he really made this concert unforgettable. Let's not forget the fabulous band and sparkling guitar playing and the beautiful voices of the Webb Sisters and Sharon Robinson. This concert is not to be missed and makes a wonderful record of a truly historic visit of this giant of music to Britain!

Tales Of Grime And Grit
Tales Of Grime And Grit

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT START, 26 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Tales Of Grime And Grit (Audio CD)
Well I heard about Ruarri Joseph through friends and as a Cornishman who used to live near Newquay, I just had to check the music out. I was amazed, he is excellent and I listen to him on You Tube also saw him recently live in Reading. I recoomned this talent, to everyone. He is a really genuine and nice bloke with a good voice and smart observations. I bought the CD and my copy is signed!! This is a really enjoyable CD. If you get tired of political songs about war this is a very likeable antedote.