Profile for Word Wight > Reviews

Dear Mr. Kershaw: A Pensioner Writes
Dear Mr. Kershaw: A Pensioner Writes
by Mr Derek Philpott

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly different!, 24 Oct. 2015
I am delighted to be one of the many who saw the merit of publishing this project and to see it fully realised. A totally brilliant and entertaining piece of genuinely humorous nonsense - gleefully responded to by a surprising number the artistes addressed in the process. It says a great deal about the responders - and at least as much about those who did not reply! I can say of this book that it has altered my perceptions of many performers' human characteristics!

Congratulations to the whole team behind this book, especially Jean, whose tolerance is clearly boundless! If there is the slightest scrap of irony in your psyche or even the merest glint of a sense of humour, buy this book. It is unlike any other and you will enjoy it.

UK Made Suzuki Ignis 2003-2008 Tailgate / Boot Gas Strut
UK Made Suzuki Ignis 2003-2008 Tailgate / Boot Gas Strut
Offered by SGS Engineering

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, top service!, 10 Mar. 2015
I ordered these by mistake, not realising that the brackets on the existing struts were not part of the new ones. Cue EXCEPTIONAL service from SGS; from first contact to discuss my mistake to the eventual delivery of the specially made replacements they could not have been more supportive, helpful - and patient!

I have no hesitation in recommending SGS, their quality products and their brilliant customer service staff!

Wrangler Men's Arizona Stretch Straight Leg Jeans, Cool Hand, W34/L34
Wrangler Men's Arizona Stretch Straight Leg Jeans, Cool Hand, W34/L34

3.0 out of 5 stars Longer than expected!, 21 Dec. 2014
Good jeans, very comfortable but these are a significantly longer fit than the 34x34 I previously bought in store - irritating.

Elixir Polytunnel / Greenhouse Repair Tape | 25M X 200Mm Extra Strong Clear Polythene
Offered by Elixir Garden Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap but..., 21 April 2014
in this case you really get what you pay for! Really strong tape with superb tack. I have used cheaper tapes and regretted it. I have just ordered more Elixir and I am convinced that this tape has extended my tunnel life by years.

The Red Knight (Traitor Son Cycle 1)
The Red Knight (Traitor Son Cycle 1)
by Christian Cameron

5.0 out of 5 stars Miles better than Christian?, 31 Mar. 2014
I am already a fan of the author's books under Christian Cameron and found that I probably enjoyed this, under his other name, even more. A very refreshing read and a significant departure from many of this style in reflecting on man, religion, belief and nature - not all good and not all bad is the message and with some well drawn characters it catches the imagination well.

I am already looking forward to reading the next in this series.

How to Grow Food in Your Polytunnel
How to Grow Food in Your Polytunnel
by Mark Gatter

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 31 Mar. 2014
Bought in expectation of much better guidance and information and was disappointed, this comes up light in most regards. Some good basic stuff but on balance this one was not for me.

Warpaint
Warpaint

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Warpaint (Audio CD)
This popped up as an Amazon recommendation - one of their best ever. This just grips you and whisks you away. Atmospheric, visceral and standing up to intense listening as well as brilliant mood music, this is well worth a listen.

Regatta Mens Asgard Quilted Padded Warm Full Zip Fleece Jacket, Navy, Black
Regatta Mens Asgard Quilted Padded Warm Full Zip Fleece Jacket, Navy, Black
Offered by Outdoor Look

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than before., 31 Mar. 2014
I bought this for my partner who continually stole my older version of this fleece since it was so warm and comfortable to wear (although it was three sizes too big for her!). This new version is, if anything, even better made and superb value for money; it has become her garment of choice for walking the dog, gardening and any outside activity and frequently gets worn in the house as well! Happy partner = happy me!

Skagen White Label Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Leather Strap 233XLCLB

1.0 out of 5 stars Revised right down!!!, 31 Mar. 2014
Originally awarded four stars and reviewed as follows:

My choices were down to this and a Seiko Solar to replace my trusty and much-loved Seiko automatic. I opted for a change of style and I am already delighted that I did! Slim, light, elegant but tough, the watch was immediately comfortable to wear. The clean design makes it easy to read and it does look very good on my wrist. As other reviewers say, the pictures do not quite do the watch justice.

It may be picky but the reason I have only awarded four stars is the date; it is so tiny as to be pointless. With such excellent design applied elsewhere, what on earth were they thinking? It doesn't stop me liking it though and I will wear this watch with pleasure. If you want a very good looking, easy to read and wear watch, this is one to seriously consider, if you need a date function buy something else.

BUT THEN:

Update, July 2014: While working outside, vigorously but with no impact on either wrist or watch, the ceramic casing broke off on one corner where the watch pin is mounted. Not so tough after all - gutted! Down from four stars to three because of that. Not the watch for me after all...

Update: Customer service from Skagen non-exisitent, not even an automatic holding response to emails sent - really not impressed!!

Sunlover Bamboo Wooden Roman Blinds, Teak, W60cm
Sunlover Bamboo Wooden Roman Blinds, Teak, W60cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Great look for the money!, 27 Feb. 2014
These blinds are a serious step up from the normal; the pelmet at the top makes for a much classier look. We now have 6 of these in the house.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3