Profile for Daz1001 > Reviews

Content by Daz1001

Daz1001

Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 500P Wireless DTS Surround Sound Gaming Headset (PS4/PS3)

1.0 out of 5 stars It seems as though the USB port is of really poor quality, meaning the components fail after a while, 16 Mar. 2017
Another suffering with the sudden not charging problem. Too late to return. It seems as though the USB port is of really poor quality, meaning the components fail after a while. Holding the plug in the exact position gets it charging - which is fine if I want to spend a couple of hours not moving...

I don't think I can bring myself to purchase a replacement from Turtle Beach. Time to try a different manufacturer...

FullStop Saracen Sold Secure Gold Hitchlock
FullStop Saracen Sold Secure Gold Hitchlock

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not fit my Indespension Jetski Trailer, 11 Jun. 2012
This device seems really tough and secure. However, I had to return it as it was not long enough to fit over the handle of my standard Indespension jet ski trailer.

Laser 2962 Tyre Tread Depth Gauge
Laser 2962 Tyre Tread Depth Gauge

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product!, 11 Jun. 2012
I really like this product. It seems to be well built, and operation is really simple. I can now easily see the depth of my tread, as this device provides clear readings accurate to 0.1 mm. Excellent for me, as I like to ensure I get the full use out of my trackday tyres, so like to get as close to the legal limit as I can without going below it.

Galvanised Folding Kayak Anchor Jet Ski 1.5kgs
Galvanised Folding Kayak Anchor Jet Ski 1.5kgs
Offered by Ride The Waves Chandlery

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great for jet skis., 11 Jun. 2012
This is a tough, reasonably heavy product. I would imagine that this would perform well with a kayak. However, I use this with a jetski, and I find that its bite is not great when used on the beach. You need to remember to manually press the anchor into the sand.

Stronghold 5434B Wheel Clamp 10 x 14 -inch
Stronghold 5434B Wheel Clamp 10 x 14 -inch
Offered by LeisureOutlet

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but slightly awkward to fit., 11 Jun. 2012
I am quite pleased with this product. The initial construction of the clamp so that it was a snug fit for the wheel was relatively pain free. It appears to be a good, strong device. Initially, it was a bit difficult putting the clamp on the wheel, as the two lower arms needed to be held at a certain angle to get the main body close enough together to insert the lock. However, now after some practice it is not that difficult.

I am using this clamp on an Indespension jet ski trailer, and it is a good fit for the wide beach wheels on my model.

Ultimate Snow Foam KARCHER K Series Heavy Duty Professional Foam Lance 1L
Ultimate Snow Foam KARCHER K Series Heavy Duty Professional Foam Lance 1L

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for foaming the car!, 22 Feb. 2012
I bought this item as a replacement for the Karcher branded product that I have used in the past. This item is a vast improvement. First of all, the bottle is a much better size at 1 litre. This means I can foam the entire in one go, which wasn't possible using the small container on the Karcher product. This product also feels very sturdy. The jet can adjusted from a narrow jet to a wide angle at a twist of the nozzle. You can also alter the amount of car wash product that is mixed with the flow of water.

Overall, a great product that is very easy to use.

Kärcher Chassis Cleaner
Kärcher Chassis Cleaner
Offered by Tooled-Up

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy way to clean the salt from under your car!, 22 Feb. 2012
I purchased this item to clean the salt off the underside of my car. First impressions are that it is very easy to use. I used this attachment with a Karcher K3 series pressure washer. The connectors feature a locking nut to ensure the structure remains rigid once assembled. You need to ensure these stay tight, as otherwise the structure flexes and goes off in random directions when you attempt to move it back and forth under the car.

I used this on a standard Ford Focus ST. There was a little room to spare between the washer and the underside of the car. Use on tarmac is extremely easy, but surprisingly it's not too annoying to use on a gravel drive if you use two hands. The product includes an attachment to shampoo the underside of the car, and also to apply a liquid wax as a final step - I guess this is intended to protect the underside. The rinse attachment is similar to that of the patio cleaner in its use of jets that spin in a circular motion.

I'm hoping that using this product will prevent the suspension bolts seizing, which causes problems when it comes time for a wheel alignment. Time will tell!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2012 9:21 AM GMT

Teeter EP950 Inversion Table.
Teeter EP950 Inversion Table.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality product., 16 Jan. 2012
The item was delivered a couple of days after ordering on Amazon. There is a small amount of construction needed - it only took 30 minutes to get it put together. The quality is excellent, and the foot restraint is very easy to use. I'm using this in a room with ceilings that are 7 feet high and I can invert without any trouble. I'm 6ft 1in, so I do have the foot restrain extended quite a long way. I feel totally secure while on the table as it is very stable. It also folds so that it takes up a small amount of floorspace for storage. A great product!

GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras
GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras

4.0 out of 5 stars GoPro Chest Mount, 6 Dec. 2011
This is an excellent product from GoPro. It's easy to get adjusted for a good fit, and it's very secure. I used wile out at sea on a PWC, and it didn't move! It's pretty easy to get the camera facing where you want it to. The actual mount point is the same as the adhesive mounts available for the GoPro cameras. It comes supplied with the J-shaped buckle, but you can also use the standard flat buckles if required.

Not sure whether it is just because this is a new mount, but the nut and bolt seemed to be fairly well secured in their various holders, making it a simple task to attache the camera to the equipped buckle.

Aquapac Waterproof Camera Cover with Zoom, 23 cm, Grey (Transparent/Grey)
Aquapac Waterproof Camera Cover with Zoom, 23 cm, Grey (Transparent/Grey)

4.0 out of 5 stars Aquapac Mini Waterproof Camera Case, 6 Dec. 2011
I have used this Aquapac product with a Canon Powershot SX230HS. With this camera, you need to be careful when you switch the camera on, as the lens must be lined up with the lens portion of the Aquapac. Once switched on, the pac works very well. The material is very supple which allows for easy operation of the controls on the camera. You can also clearly see the screen through the Aquapac.

With my camera, the zoom range was quite limited due to the amount of room available for the lens to extend within the Aquapac.

While out jetskiing, the Aquapac did it's job and kept the salt water out. I like the method of closing the Aquapac using the two rotating knobs, as there is nothing that detaches from the product, and so no chance of losing any parts.

Flash photography did not really work with this product. While there was room within the aquapac for the flash to extend, the light tended to get reflected around the inside of the Aquapac causing a misting effect in the photograph.

This is an excellent product for allowing you to continue taking photographs in wet environments.