Profile for C. Hawkes > Reviews

Content by C. Hawkes
Top Reviewer Ranking: 631

C. Hawkes "Livefats" (Lancashire)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LED Flashlight ,Ubegood Portable Handheld Flashlight LED Torch 5 Mode [1000 Lumens] Adjustable Focus Zoom Light LED Flashlight Tactical Light for Outdoor / Sports etc.
Offered by Ubegood-EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Blindingly bright!, 22 July 2016
First, I received this product free for an honest review.

The torch is very well made in aluminium, and feels sturdy in the hand without being overly heavy. It's around 14 cm / 5½ inches long, 16 cm / 6½ inches when fully zoomed.

Powered by 3 AAA batteries (not supplied) the light output is amazingly bright - a claimed 1000 lumens, which I can believe.

A half-press of the power switch toggles through two modes - rapid flashing, flashing Morse SOS; a full press gives steady light.

So, I'm impressed - tracking my dog on his night walks and finding my dinghy after an evening meal at the pub have become easier!

2KG WILD BIRD DRIED MEALWORMS
2KG WILD BIRD DRIED MEALWORMS
Offered by Maltbys Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, hygenic, and the birds love 'em!, 22 July 2016
Our birds love mealworms - especially the robins! This value pack has been great for us - we get through a scoop a day, and the smaller packs from petstores last no time at all.

If you haven't tried mealworms before, dried mealworms are light, odourless - and yes, they are dead! You can serve them as they are, or soak them to rehydrate them - we just scoop them on the bird feeder and watch the show!

KONG Ball Dog Toy - Small, Red
KONG Ball Dog Toy - Small, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough small ball for tough small dogs!, 22 July 2016
I bought this small ball for my sister's King Charles, who loves chasing balls but tends to destroy them within minutes. This tough Kong ball has so far lasted two months - a record! The dog loves it - and the fact that he has not been able to nibble bits off means that it is much safer than his previous toys. I've bought a number of Kong products for my own bigger dogs - they've all been great, and this smaller ball is no exception.

Rose & Co Patisserie de Bain Sweet as Cherry Pie Gift Set - 3-Piece
Rose & Co Patisserie de Bain Sweet as Cherry Pie Gift Set - 3-Piece

5.0 out of 5 stars Bath melts that look good enough to eat!, 21 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This bath set is a beautiful gift - very attractive, oozing French style and well=packaged.

The (three) "bath melts" dissolve quickly i a warm bath, and the smell is lovely - sweet cherry, nothing chemically about it. The natural ingredients claimed on the package, shea and cocoa butters, certainly leave the skin feeling silky.

The set combines sophistication with a youthful vibrancy. Anyone receiving this would count themselves gift lucky!

K'Nex 15406 Clock Work Roller Coaster Building Set
K'Nex 15406 Clock Work Roller Coaster Building Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for junior Isambard Kingdom Brunels!, 18 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First, I really enjoyed playing with this in the company of my nephew, It is fun, and the car runs smoothly and fast down the track - when constructed!

That's the slight problem - it is tricky to build. Of course, that could make it even more interesting - my nephew is twelve and enjoyed the challenge - but I can't see any seven-year-olds coping with the not completely clear instructions and the rather fiddly connections. BUT, for those who like a challenge, this could be great. Budding engineers would love it.

Rapesco A5 Standard Clipboard - With Film Pocket for Storage - Black
Rapesco A5 Standard Clipboard - With Film Pocket for Storage - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin. Great for recipes!, 18 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is cheap, cheerful and very useful. I use it for recipes whilst cooking, and also for my shopping lists - it's just the right size at A5. The clip is secure, and the pen loop a nice touch. It does what it says on the tin, so I can't fault it.

Rapesco 19 mm Mini Foldback Paper Clips with 75 sheet Capacity - Assorted Colours, Pack of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great organisers in a tiny package., 18 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love these clips. They are hugely useful in securing multi-page documents - I do a lot of work for various exam boards, and need to be quite disciplined in keeping documents together. With these, I can colour code my papers to ensure no mix up. They are great - recommended (and I have bought several packs of these!)

Samsung UE32J5500 Smart Full HD 1080p 32 inch Television (2015 Model)
Samsung UE32J5500 Smart Full HD 1080p 32 inch Television (2015 Model)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great picture, but "Smart" TV? Not so much., 18 July 2016
First, this was a tricky review to write. Our needs are a little specialist - we live in an area with no TV reception, and access our TV through the internet. Were this not the case, we;d have awarded 5 stars. However: read on!

The good news: the picture is wonderful. However, we bought a Smart TV because we have no aerial signal: all our TV is accessed through the web. But every time we switch on, the TV tells us it cannot find any channels; then asks if we want to scan; when we cancel this (as of course we have no aerial!) we are then told we have a weak signal (because we have no aerial...) and finally we are allowed to access the Smart features to choose the web channels we watch. Surely it should be possible to design a smart TV that remembers previous choices. So - "Smart" - not so much,

Post-it 658H 25.4mm x 17.7m Cover Up and Label Tape (6 Lines, 1 Roll)
Post-it 658H 25.4mm x 17.7m Cover Up and Label Tape (6 Lines, 1 Roll)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant way to help the reuse of old envelopes!, 3 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this! I do a lot of posting, and try hard to reuse envelopes. This makes covering addresses easy, and provides a good surface for writing the new address. I received these labels free via the Vine program - but have already ordered and paid for more!

Sidewinder Sandeel Rhubarb Custard Sea Fishing Lures, Size - 4 inch
Sidewinder Sandeel Rhubarb Custard Sea Fishing Lures, Size - 4 inch
Offered by Reid Chandlery & Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars They work! Great wrecking eels., 3 July 2016
I've used these sidewinders extensively over wrecks, and they are proven killers. The upside-down weighting reduces snags, and the motion of the eels seems irresistible to pollack. "Rhubarb and Custard" is my favourite colour - mackerel tend not to take them as readily as other colours, whiuch means more chance of other fish!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20