Profile for john dooley > Reviews

Content by john dooley

john dooley (UNITED KINGDOM)

Page: 1 | 2
Britain's Secret Treasures
Britain's Secret Treasures
by Mary-Ann Ochota

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for promoting the subject, 11 Jan. 2014
I purchased it for my sister and she got another for her daughter both werer very taken by the publication.

Sony L Series 24" Desktop Ci5 Processor 8GB RAM 1TB HDD - Black
Sony L Series 24" Desktop Ci5 Processor 8GB RAM 1TB HDD - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars polished and pleasing purchase, poor user support, 12 May 2013
I am really pleased with the machine and admire its style and finish. I am really trying to get along with windows 8. I seem to have to take circuitous routes to do simple tasks. I'm an old codger so I'll stick with for a while longer
It am really disappointed with the material supplied. For the money this m/c cost the "manual" is pathetic, a few assorted leaflets. I want to know what and how to connect to various accessories; what all the connections are use for, I get a leaflet with microscopic typeface. I was proffered an electronic userguide after some searching , I thought now we are talking, but I could not get the manual to load. Beautiful expensive machine let down by cheap and cheerful user support. A shame
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2013 10:35 AM BST

Teach Yourself Visually Windows 8 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
Teach Yourself Visually Windows 8 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
by Paul McFedries

3.0 out of 5 stars Likeable style bit short on real meat, 12 May 2013
Nicely written and easy to understand and is ideal for a starter/novice. I looked for info on a couple of items and was found wanting. I suppose I was a bit disappointed with its content. I do wish publishers would be more specific about what level the book is pitched at. My mistake I'm afraid but this book could be really useful to others with a very nice presentation style.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2013 11:10 PM BST

Christmas Table cloth accessories - Star 33" (84cm) - Red Poinsettia Xmas embroidery

4.0 out of 5 stars A real centre piece, 18 Mar. 2013
My aunt was thrilled to receive this for Christmas. Got plenty of admiring comments from her friends over the Christmas period.

The Sports Book
The Sports Book
by Ray Stubbs

4.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing read, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Sports Book (Paperback)
Well I bought this book as a present for a sports mad young lad. I was very reluctant to give it to him. Its really well laid out and easy to read. It looked second hand by the time he got it. Lovely book for any aspiring sports fanatic.

GBC MultiBind 230 Multifunctional Binder with Double Handle (Bind Capacity up to 450 Comb Binding or 125 Wire Sheets, Punch Capacity up to 30 Sheets)

4.0 out of 5 stars Capable beast of a machine, 18 Mar. 2013
Was surprised by its size but now I've found a space for it I'm well pleased. It is very well built and should be around for a long time. Competent performer.

Run For Your Life: (Michael Bennett 2)
Run For Your Life: (Michael Bennett 2)
by James Patterson

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly good read., 18 Mar. 2013
I read this book . Thought it an excellent read. Patterson has me firmly hooked on this character. Plenty of action both in the city and at home with 10 kids. Very habit forming.

Step on a Crack (Michael Bennett 1)
Step on a Crack (Michael Bennett 1)
by James Patterson

4.0 out of 5 stars Bennett the greatest, 18 Mar. 2013
Well I had really mixed emotions about this book.When Bennett lost his wife and was left with 10 kids I was choked with sadness.Then the thrill of the chase and the body count steadly rising I was glued to the book. I felt like I been through a wringer by the time I finished it. I liked it. Going for a shower.

Gangsta Granny
Gangsta Granny
by David Walliams

4.0 out of 5 stars Grandson Pleaser, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Gangsta Granny (Hardcover)
My grandson is an avid reader and its getting harder to find something he hasnt read. He was pleased with this book and wants to read more.So what more can i say.

A Time for Patriots (Patrick Mclanahan 17)
A Time for Patriots (Patrick Mclanahan 17)
by Dale Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars a good read but lacking the technology punch, 31 Oct. 2012
Well, After I put the book down I was a little disappointed. I suppose I expected more (I'm greedy like that) I just love the high tech aspects of Dale Brown's books and so I was a little let down with this one. This action senario set at home was too homely. No devastation, no action against overwhelming odds( you know what I mean). Was still nice to reaquaint with some of the familiar characters though.

Page: 1 | 2