Profile for Anniefromlondon. > Reviews

Willkommen! 2 German Intermediate course: Coursebook
Willkommen! 2 German Intermediate course: Coursebook
by Heiner Schenke

4.0 out of 5 stars A good textbook for intermediate learners., 29 May 2017
This is a follow up to Willkommen! 1, so I have recently started studying this level.
As with Book 1, this is well laid out. It uses up to date texts, interviews and information about German life. Grammar points are clearly explained, and there are useful grammatical tables at the end of each unit.
As an adult learner, I find this series very useful.

Live Flesh
Live Flesh

5.0 out of 5 stars A Creepy 'Page Turner'., 8 May 2017
This review is from: Live Flesh (Kindle Edition)
I hadn't come across this novel before, so have just caught up with reading it; I'm a Ruth Rendell fan.
She is so adept at getting inside the mind of seriously disturbed and dangerous individuals. I kept dreading what Victor was going to do next!
Don't want to include any hints or spoilers- just read this book!

Kipling Womens City Pack S Backpack Fiesta Animal 19 x 27 x 33.5 cm
Kipling Womens City Pack S Backpack Fiesta Animal 19 x 27 x 33.5 cm
Offered by The Necessity

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried and Tested., 5 Dec. 2016
I got one of these backpacks for my daughter, as she'd recently got into Kipling products-recommended by me.
She's just returned from a 4 month trip around Asia, and the City Backpack was her day rucksack, which she brought everywhere-including river trips, trekking , market shopping etc. She couldn't praise the backpack highly enough- lightweight, very secure and with really sturdy fastenings.
Another good thing is that, despite her pale grey backpack looking a bit grubby by now, it can go in the washing machine on a cool wash! I've done this with several of my basic Kiplings and they wash really well.
I myself haven't done any exotic travelling, but find these backpacks so useful for day to day use- work belongings, shopping trips etc. I love the fact that Kipling items are so light, and have organisation for keys, etc.
Building up my collection!

Far From The Madding Crowd [DVD]
Far From The Madding Crowd [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paloma Baeza

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Interpretation., 28 Jun. 2016
I had watched this series when it was first shown, and I'd honestly forgotten how good it was!
It sticks closely to the novel-dialogue, sequence of events etc. As this is one of my favourite books, I 'd have noticed any omissions/ deviations.
The actors were excellent- both those playing the main characters, and those portraying the 'rustics'-who brought a touch of humour to the series.
Special mention for Natasha Little's performance as the tragic Fanny Robin-very much as I would have imagined the character to be.
I shall watch this series again, many times.

The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes from a Small Island (Bryson)
The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes from a Small Island (Bryson)

5.0 out of 5 stars A cheerful, entertaining must-read., 17 May 2016
This book is great fun to read-an affectionate, wryly amusing look at Britain.
Bill Bryson writes in a witty style, but is never really nasty. His comments really made me laugh at times. Probably best not to read this when commuting , might risk appearing like one of the book's weird eccentrics!

Four Sisters:The Lost Lives of the Romanov Grand Duchesses
Four Sisters:The Lost Lives of the Romanov Grand Duchesses

5.0 out of 5 stars A FASCINATING INSIGHT., 24 Mar. 2016
I came to this book almost by chance, having read a newspaper article about the Romanovs.
The story of OTMA-Olga, Tatiana , Maria and Anastasia- is fascinating, and ultimately very tragic, reading.
Helen Rappaport has quite a light touch- lots of historical detail, but also descriptions of the more mundane, everyday lives of theses sisters , their parents and brother.
The varied personalities are vividly depicted-and one realises how young they were when assassinated. One wonders what their lives - probably outside Russia- would have been like if they'd survived. Historical figures can seem remote and unreal, but this book draws us into the world of the Romanov sisters.
It's now made me want to read even more about this era.

Kipling Women's Clas Challenger Backpack K15016757 Monkey Brown
Kipling Women's Clas Challenger Backpack K15016757 Monkey Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars A VERSATILE BACKPACK., 29 Feb. 2016
This backpack is even better than I thought it would be-and I'm a Kipling fan!
It isn't too large or long- important for a 5' tall person. It has all the organisation one expects from Kipling- a front pocket, a section with a key fob and phone pocket, a roomy main section and two very useful side pockets, which are great for umbrellas or water bottles.
It is ideal for work, as it fits all the usual items, packed lunch etc. Its straps are comfortable-can be carried on the shoulder or back. It also looks smart and compact.
I'm also planning to use my backpack as hand luggage when I next travel-plenty of room for essentials.

Haute For Diva's Womens Faux Fur Celeb Head Band Ladies Winter Ski Ear Muff Warmer Hat
Offered by haute for diva

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but a very small size!, 6 Feb. 2016
This headband looks exactly as photographed, which is positive. The colour is lovely-a soft, beige-brown. My only quibble is the size. Not a problem for me personally, as I have a narrow head, but for anyone who has a an average adult head size, this would be a very tight fit !
It certainly keeps ears warm, and looks nice on. Perhaps the manufacturers should make different sizes?

Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers
Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, 4 Jan. 2016
Received this as a Christmas present, and I love it! I was able to transfer the many books from my original Kindle. The fact that I can now check e-mails while commuting is really useful.
I know I'll enjoy using this Fire device.

Kipling Women's Iaka Purse Caffe Latte N
Kipling Women's Iaka Purse Caffe Latte N
Offered by The Necessity

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and so many uses!, 2 Dec. 2015
This review is from: KIPLING Womens Iaka Purse (Shoes)
This purse set is so useful. Each one could be used separately-either as coin purses, card holders or for notes/different currencies, so great for travelling.
I also think that they would be ideal for mini toiletries, brushes, chargers or items of jewellery.
I love versatile pieces like this, and they can be clipped together, or used separately.
The caffe latte is a lovely, warm neutral shade which will go with any colour bag.
These would also make suitable gifts-together or separately.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5