Profile for eb_unit > Reviews

Content by eb_unit

"eb_unit"

Secret Weapons over Normandy (Xbox)
Secret Weapons over Normandy (Xbox)
Offered by multimedia-online

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 22 Jan. 2004
I bought this game after reading the reviews on this site. This game really isn't worth the money.
Good points
Graphics and sound effects are very good. Missions are good, from airial combat missions over land and sea to sinking U boats and destroyers with torpedos. As your experience increases you unlock new weapons and new aircraft.
Bad points
* This is the first flight simulator I've played that you can't do a barrel roll. When your flying missions and other pilots are talking to you, what they are saying comes up on the screen obscurring targets etc. You can not change view eg. The view is from behind the aircraft,or on top of the aircraft if on a bombing run, it would have been good if you could have change to an "in cockpit" view. The backround music can not be turned off and plays continously witch is repetitive and annoying.
I also purchased the "Xbox Top Gun Fox 2 Pro Joystick" with this which was a further waste of money. When trying to turn right, the machine gun fires. When trying to increase speed the view changes to the bombing run view.
All in all I would have enjoyed the game better had I not been thinking all the while about how much money this cost. OK game but not worth the money. Try and pick it up somewhere cheaper or don't bother buying it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2011 6:16 PM BST

28 Days Later (2002) [DVD]
28 Days Later (2002) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cillian Murphy
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbingly great, 31 Dec. 2003
This review is from: 28 Days Later (2002) [DVD] (DVD)
I think this is one of those films you either like or loath. I like this film because its British made, action packed, in my opinion quite scary. However the concept of this film is not entirely original. It is reminissant of a Zombie movie, but great all the same.
The film starts with a bunch of animal rights activists breaking into research lab to free some animals, unaware the animals are infected with a highly contagious disease.
What follows? Well you'll just have to watch it. I would highly recommend this film.

Conflict Desert Storm (Xbox Classics)
Conflict Desert Storm (Xbox Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Action Galour, 31 Dec. 2003
I first purchase this item when it came out for the PS2. I thought it was great and played it many times. I now have an Xbox and this was one of my first games purchased for it. I never get tired of playing this game.
If you like a game that requires skill and also allows you to blow up literally everything in sight this games is for you.
You can play as either a 4-man team of US Navy Seal's or British SAS. You take on the Iraqi forces, destroying Scuds, rescuing captured prisoners, Demoliting bridges etc. The only sad thing about this game is that there are not enough levels, but this dosen't deter me from playing it over & over again. An excellent Shoot 'em up game.

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Xbox)
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Xbox)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Payne, 30 Dec. 2003
This game is an excellent sequel. Having played the Max Payne quite a few times I thought that any sequel was sure not to be any better...... I was wrong! This game has better graphics and in my opinion is runs very smooth and the story line is also great. This game is action packed from the start when Payne awakens to find himself on a hospital bed. Action and satisfaction guaranteed.

Beg For Mercy
Beg For Mercy
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars G-UNIT, 2 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Beg For Mercy (Audio CD)
I went to see 50cent in Concert in Belfast and at the end of the show he did Stunt 101. I heard and I liked. When Beg For Mercy came out I got it.
This isn't quiet what "Get Rich or Die Tryin" is but never the less its still great. Excellent beats and lyriocs all round, especially for, Stunt 101, Poppin' them Thangs and Beg for Mercy. Listen out for the bonus tracks too. Not shown on track listing.