Profile for A. R. Warner > Reviews

Content by A. R. Warner

A. R. Warner "Apple Fan" (UK)

Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation), Black
Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation), Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Well it's good but not that good, 5 Mar. 2017
Well it's good but not that good. I find that I'm not using it much day to day. The worst part is that I find it really difficult to interface to other devices. I bought a Logitech hub and while it works somewhat there isn't the same support available as in the US. So you can't ask Alexa to turn on the TV, instead you have to go they that harmony app which is not easy to configure. In the US it looks like there is much better integration. Also it can get confused with some words. For example I asked "what do sloths eat?". Alexa proceeded to tell me some rubbish about Slough! I tri s this over and over and it repeatedly got it wrong. So I am a bit disappointed but I am hopeful that it might get better in the future, until then I won't be using it much.

Build Your Own Computer: The Complete Step-by-step Manual to Constructing a PC That's Right for You
by Kyle MacRae

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 3 April 2011
This book is excellent.

I teach PC maintenance and was looking for a book to use in class that explains how PC's work and how to build them. This book fits that bill perfectly. It is full of very detailed colour photos that show every aspect of a PC, from cables and connectors to disk drives and motherboards. If this is what you are looking for then buy it now.

T

Ted Baker London No Ordinary Desdigner Phone Wallet
Ted Baker London No Ordinary Desdigner Phone Wallet

5.0 out of 5 stars The only one?, 17 May 2010
If you, like me, are looking for a phone wallet that can also hold other items - specifically credit cards, then this is for you. I have trolled the internet trying to find a case like this. This is the best I have found so far.

It contains a section for your phone - in my case an iPhone. This holds the phone reasonably securely although I reckon with a bot of wear it would be possible for the phone to fall out - so not perfect.

It also contains two sections for credit cards and other things - I managed to get it to hold 3 credit cards, my driving license, and my AA card. Although these do fit easily they are not all visible when all tucked in.

And finally, for some bizarre reason, there is a tiny little pocket, which looks like it is meant to hold a phone sim card. Not sure why you would want this.

Anyhow, despite its short comings this is the best case of its kind.