Profile for val > Reviews

Content by val

val

Page: 1 | 2
Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake Series Book 1)
Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping read, 18 July 2017
Loved this book - tense and full of drama. Highly recommend and I now need to read the next book!

Azorm Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 Case (5.2") Crystal Edition Thin TPU Phone Cover with Ultra Clear HD Screen Protector, Microfiber Cloth, Anti-Slip and Anti-Scratch - Transparent (Silicone)
Offered by Azorm UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Aug. 2016
Rapid delivery, good quality. I only wish I was able to put the screen protector on without any bubbles- must do better!

Outlander: (Outlander 1)
Outlander: (Outlander 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 11 Jun. 2016
I found the very first part of the book a little boring because Claire's life seemed such a let down after having been a nurse in the war but this all changed dramatically.
I loved the characters, events and insights into her new life and the link to Scottish history.
So many late night's happened when I could stop reading so I might have a catch up with my sleep before I go on to the second book!

Numbers
Numbers

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing concept, 8 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Numbers (Kindle Edition)
I liked this book very much. The concept is an interesting one and it moves along at a good pace. I read it as one of my book group's choices and most of the group enjoyed it. Btw this is aimed at teenagers but we are all adults so it was perhaps a little young but certainly seems to cover the teen angst elements well.

The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes
The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspirational book, 25 April 2015
This book doesn't pull any punches. It made me laugh and cry - often on the same page - to the extent I felt I had to read it when I was alone, at home. The humour is typical of a large family, and probably an Irish one but I'm not Irish so can't be sure. All in all I thoroughly recommend it.

Chameleon: A City of London Thriller
Chameleon: A City of London Thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars Chameleon, 12 April 2015
It took a while before I got into the book and it is the first one I have read by this author, however I did enjoy it and would probably read more by him.

Snow White Must Die (Bodenstein & Kirchoff series Book 1)
Snow White Must Die (Bodenstein & Kirchoff series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Mar. 2015
An enjoyable read with lots of twists and turns which I would recommend. Has encouraged me to consider more of her books

Weddings Can Be Murder
Weddings Can Be Murder

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy read, 20 Dec. 2014
The story line was good, more than just a romance. Easy to read and I enjoyed it and would recommend it

Traditional Garden Games Sports Day Set
Traditional Garden Games Sports Day Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality items for the price - survived sports day, 17 May 2014
I bought this to use with my 16-17 year old students for an old fashioned sports day. The equipment has survived and the students had great fun using it!

Black 4`Small Double Gas Lift Up Ottoman Faux Leather Storage Bed
Black 4`Small Double Gas Lift Up Ottoman Faux Leather Storage Bed
Offered by Monkey Beds

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 6 April 2014
relatively easy to put together [I did it on my own and it took just over two hours]. It is great as the storage is very useful and, being a small double, fits into the room well. The only downsides I can see are that it is difficult to move around a room [you need to remove all the items in the storage area first, though it isn't moved on a regular basis] and also it encourages my daughter to get rid of even less of her items!

Page: 1 | 2