Profile for Mr. D. Jones > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. Jones

Mr. D. Jones (Bournemouth, England)

Turbo-charge Your Life in 14 Days
Turbo-charge Your Life in 14 Days
by Jason Vale

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, motivational book., 15 Oct. 2006
I was given this book by a friend of mine who'd read it and found it very helpful. I wasn't hugely overweight, but was finding it hard to lose the 2 stone I wanted to drop. I read the book in one sitting - it was a little bit happy clappy/preachy in places, but if you take the advice in it then you will benefit from it. I don't think it's realistic for many people to totally give up alcohol, but cutting down won't hurt, and not having any for 2 weeks isn't something anyone should have a problem with.

The recipes given in here have introduced me to things I would never have touched before, and I feel so much healthier it's untrue - I have a juice for breakfast every day, and the difference it's made to my life is massive; I have so much more energy now it's amazing, and I was losing 2 lbs a week without too much effort or discomfort!

There is some repetition between Jason Vale's various tomes, but the advice given is good, and visualisation is an important tool to motivate yourself - without it you will go off-track quickly. Over a year later I'm still eating well, so it's made a permanent change to my attitude.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2013 10:33 PM BST