Profile for Fern > Reviews

Content by Fern

Fern

When Love Is a Lie: Narcissistic Partners & the Pathological Relationship Agenda

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Jan. 2014
I've been reading extensively on NPD and this is the best book I've read, by far. The author has first-hand experience, having been in a relationship with a narcissist herself. She is also clearly very bright and able to express this complex issue in a clear and helpful way.

If you've lived with the gut-churning feeling that something in your relationship just isn't right, endured the trauma of silent treatments and the humiliation of rage at the hands of a narcissistic partner, this book will put into words what you've been struggling to deal with never mind understand. I wept when I read the chapter, "Things just don't add up," and the description of how a narcissist will crank up to insidious torture by lying, denying and dismissing, and then pull the rug out from under your feet by leaving, blaming you as he goes. This happened to me and finally having someone explain it with the benefit of experience and knowledge gained through her own research has helped me reach the stage of acceptance. I wasn't mad. I was subjected to a brutal and sustained attack.

I am very grateful to the author for writing this book and I would highly recommend it.