Profile for MissNinjaGeek > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Power of Vulnerability: Teachings of Authenticity, Connection, and Courage
The Power of Vulnerability: Teachings of Authenticity, Connection, and Courage
Offered by Audible Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Brene Brown's TED Talks, you will love this!, 29 Dec. 2016
Engaging talks, thought provoking, inspiring, unexpectedly uplifting. If you love Brene Brown's TED talks, then you will LOVE LOVE LOVE this audiobook. Firstly the content is excellent, but secondly you will know that Brene is a very engaging speaker and is her element when talking to an audience. This audiobook is a recording of her talks, it's extremely engaging to listen to and I have already listened to it about 10 times. I keep referring to her work now in conversations with my friends. It's by far the most important book/audiobook that I purchased this year.

I also bought her audiobook "Men, Women & Worthiness" after enjoying this one, but it seems to cover the same topics, without being as engaging to listen to because it's not a talk. If you don't know where to start, get The Power of Vulnerability.

Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful & inspiring story, 6 Feb. 2015
Wow. I read this book in one or two sittings and re-read it again shortly thereafter. It really made me think about how precious life is and how we need to seize the opportunity to create the life we want, to follow our hearts and not the expectations of others. It seems hard to believe this really happened to anyone but I am deeply inspired by Anita's story. One of the most powerful books I've read of this nature, I will re-read it again shortly as I am always reminded of it when I feel a bit lost or stuck in life.

Gary Fong Lightsphere Collapsible Flash Diffuser
Gary Fong Lightsphere Collapsible Flash Diffuser
Offered by SmartShop UK

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Harshly-lit Speedlite Shots, 6 Feb. 2015
Not all photographers like this product, but I do. I'm a professional wedding photographer and I love how this diffuses the light when using my speedlite so that I don't get such a harsh light in my images. It's big and gets a lot of interest from guests at weddings, but it does a great job and because it is collapsable, it packs away easily with the rest of my gear.

The Official Highway Code
The Official Highway Code

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Advice for EVERYONE who used the road including pedestrians, cyclists, horse riders, motorcyclists & car drivers, 6 Feb. 2015
I've been driving for over 20 years but had to re-read the code for my motorcycle test recently. It's surprising how much you forget over time but also new rules and signs get introduced and we don't necessarily realise it. Even my friends ask me now about what certain rules are. We should all really know the highway code, it has advice for pedestrians, cyclists, horse riders, motorcyclists and of course car drivers. If we each understand the rules properly and respect each other on the road, that makes for a much more pleasant experience for everyone. That's the whole point afterall.

Samsung B2710 Solid Immerse Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (Water & Dust Proof)
Samsung B2710 Solid Immerse Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (Water & Dust Proof)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Robust Phone Suitable for Outdoor Adventures, 6 Feb. 2015
This phone has survived water, ice and being dropped a few times. It's map functions - though very basic also work as a back up if you have nothing else. I found it handy when in the middle of Iceland on my own and lost after taking a road without signs. It's not a smart phone, so don't expect all social media functions to be great. I actually LOVE this phone because it's NOT a smart phone. It's a phone, that works very well, is robust and the battery lasts long for when I'm out trekking and can't charge it. This phone is my life-line if I need help so that's what matters most to be. I also feel a nostalgic fondness for it as it was once the phone we all used to have and probably felt a lot calmer without constant FB updates and so on.

The Official DSA Guide to Hazard Perception [DVD]
The Official DSA Guide to Hazard Perception [DVD]

3.0 out of 5 stars Get a newer one if you can, 6 Feb. 2015
I used this to practise for my motorcycle Hazard Perception test which I passed just recently. If there is an updated version I suggest getting the newest one instead. This one is filmed on a camera, so difficult to see things ahead sometimes because of the lighting. The DVD menu can also be a little funny sometimes. In the test centres the test is now high quality CGI like on a computer game and much more responsive. If you have no other option, then still get this one to practise as it really does help to get used to this testing method. I consider myself to have excellent hazard perception but did need the practise and it was the hardest part of the test in my opinion.

Black Rapid RS DR-1 Double Strap with 5 Year Product Warranty
Black Rapid RS DR-1 Double Strap with 5 Year Product Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for your back & Comfortable to wear, 6 Feb. 2015
I am a professional wedding photographer and have had the occasional back problem from carrying two cameras all day, slung to the one side, it made me feel very crooked. This Black Rapid double strap has been heaven sent as it distributes the weight evenly and means my two cameras are easily accessible and I can change between the two very quickly. Very comfortable to wear. I know other photographers who have leather double straps from another maker, but many of them have complained of blisters in the summer. I've had no such problem with the Black Rapid. All I can say is if you want to be good to your back, then get yourself one.

Instax Wide 210 Camera
Instax Wide 210 Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera & easy to use, 6 Feb. 2015
I am a wedding photographer and frequently use the Instax Wide for shooting my DIY photobooth. This camera is great because it's so easy to use, people just literally need to point and shoot. The results on the films is great, much better quality than the old polaroids. Changing the film cartridges is also super easy. This size is great for group shots and allows you to take close-up shots as well as wider ones.

Bicycling Cuba: 50 Days of Detailed Rides from Havana to El Oriente: 50 Days of Detailed Ride Routes from Havana to Pinar Del Rio and the Oriente
by Wally Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guidebook - made for one of my best trips ever., 6 Feb. 2015
Fantastic guidebook for anyone wishing to cycle tour in Cuba on your own. I went to Cuba last year for 2 weeks on my own, I'd never cycle toured before, but wanted to take my own bike and have a go. I hate guided groups so this guidebook was pretty much all I needed. Even though the book was written some time ago, all the info was pretty much up to date as very little (if anything) has changed.

Cuba is a very beautiful country to explore on bicycle, for now there is very little traffic outside of the cities, much of it is flat, the people are so warm & helpful and you can always find someone who will help you fix your bike (though you may need your own parts as it's hard for them to get new supplies). I can't wait to go back to see more. In two weeks I saw the western part of Cuba so there's still the whole eastern side for me to explore!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2016 7:37 PM BST

Lonely Planet Belize (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Belize (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Guidebook for a Beautiful Country, 6 Feb. 2015
This is one of the few guidebooks I've come across where I had nothing to correct. I am one of those nerds who writes corrections and notes in the margins for my own reference and for if/when friends may ask to borrow them. Understandably things like prices change over time making guidebooks not always 100% correct but I was impressed about how good this particular LP was. I spent 3 weeks travelling around on my own and it was a great resource, in a great country. A beautiful place to go if you love nature.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4