Profile for Spanky > Reviews

Content by Spanky

Spanky "Gadget Junkie" (London, UK)

Motorola Defy with Motoblur Sim Free Android Smartphone - Black
Motorola Defy with Motoblur Sim Free Android Smartphone - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Started great! Ended Bad, 19 Sept. 2011
When I first got this phone I loved it! It was the right size, robust and best of all, the battery lasted a very long time. I had a HTC Desire before and was constantly charging it.

After about 3 weeks the battery started to die very quickly. I blamed a rouge app, and uninstalled all the apps. I checked the battery usage in settings and couldn't spot anything. So not sure what happened there.

The phone was also a bit 'slow', but that is because of the processor. It's a cheapish phone so I could live with that.

Then the earpiece started to sound 'blown' and distorted when talked to people. It was very distracting, and I thought about putting up with it for another 2 years, no thanks! So I returned the phone to amazon.

This phone was so close to be awesome. Nearly there!

Maybe they'll get it right on the defy+

Wired-up HDMI Pro Gold, HDMI TO HDMI Cable With Ethernet
Wired-up HDMI Pro Gold, HDMI TO HDMI Cable With Ethernet
Offered by QiWan

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 16 Oct. 2009
Arrived quickly, did the job perfectly. Don't fall for high priced HDMI cables. These do a great job.

Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 15: TreeTops: Rat Squad: Rat Squad
Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 15: TreeTops: Rat Squad: Rat Squad
by Nick Warburton

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 24 April 2009
this is a very good book for good readers. Although, i wouldn't give it five out of five because it was very exciting but not an exciting ending.
apart from that it was brilliant and if you do read this book i hope you will enjoy it!

Griffin iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Charger for iPod - Black
Griffin iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Charger for iPod - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless - avoid, 2 Jan. 2007
My first Amazon review. I am compelled to write it because this thing is junk. All the positive reviews are from Griffin employees no doubt.

This thing basically works well for about 5 minutes, then drops out and crackles. Then you have to find a new empty bit of frequency. In London that is almost impossible, as everywhere on the dial is filled with chatter and pirate stations. So it doesn't work in big cities.

Then I take it to Spain, and hire a new Fiat Punto. No excuses now surely? New Blaupunkt stereo, new car, fully charged 60GB iPod, the wide open spaces of the Spanish countryside. Should work perfectly right? WRONG! The sound is a mixture of the ipod and other stations. You spend most of your journey trying to find a frequency. In the end my girlfriend and I gave up, and listened to Spanish radio. Very disappointing.

I tried and tried and tried with this thing, but my verdict is that is it junk. If you want to hook your iPod up to your stereo use a dedicated cable, it's the only reliable way. Amazon, I want my money back!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2009 12:11 AM GMT