Profile for BPC > Reviews

NZ Frenzy: New Zealand North Island
NZ Frenzy: New Zealand North Island
by Scott Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars ESSENTIAL for NZ travelling., 21 Feb. 2016
Wow! We didn't know how much we needed this book. We absolutely love it. It has taken us to so many fantastic places in our campervan holiday on the North Island, that we would never have known about otherwise. And it has encouraged us to be more adventurous when we are at them - bending double to walk through caves to amazing glow worms, visiting beaches at low tide to get to special pools and coves, getting in and behind waterfalls! We loved the obscure-meter feature so we were prepared for how busy places would be. Scott also writes in an entertaining way so that it is a pleasure to read. We used his website related features as well that really added to our experience. It is an outdoors guide book, so don't expect much information on the towns and cities, but we loved it all. We were just sad we couldn't visit all Scott's recommendations. We are off to the South Island today and looking forward to using the NZ Frenzy book for that Island. Thanks Scott!

A Dip in the Ocean: Rowing Solo Across the Indian
A Dip in the Ocean: Rowing Solo Across the Indian
by Sarah Outen

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic read, 2 Mar. 2011
Sarah has written a fantastic book of her adventure aboard Dippers. Even though I had followed Sarah's ocean rowing journey from the start and thought I knew the details, I still found it hard to put the book down and was engrossed in every chapter - sometimes with smiles, sometimes while holding my breath! Thank you so much for writing and sharing 'A Dip in the Ocean', Sarah - you deserve to be very proud. I would certainly recommend this book to everyone.