Profile for Anil Mane > Reviews

Content by Anil Mane

Anil Mane (Lincolnshire UK)

JETech® Diamond Leather iPad Mini Smart Cover Case for Apple iPad Mini and the New iPad Mini II with Retina Display (2014 Version with Built-in Stand and Front/Back Protection and Built-In Magnet for Sleep/Wake Feature) (Black)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Case, 4 Feb. 2015
Great product! Looks better than the picture. It functions perfectly, the case feels well-made, and it looks like a classy book when it's closed. I'm very happy with this case, I think it's much better than some of the alternatives.

UE BOOM Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Cyan
UE BOOM Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Cyan

5.0 out of 5 stars The best sub £200 bluetooth speaker, in my humble opinion., 22 April 2014
After much much deliberation between this and the soundlink mini (and having heard the mini in store - but not this), I had a few one night and got persuaded to purchase this... And what a great decision it was!

***Sound Quality***

The sound quality is excellent. The bass response, as has been mentioned in other reviews, can be lacking at times. But to be honest, all other frequencies are marvellously clear and enjoyable to listen to. The '360 degree sound' is genuinely one of those features you just don't realise the importance of until you have the device. The soundlink mini and cambridge audio go both have very directional sound and failed to impress me in store. The mini was nice sounding, but at higher volumes the sound resembled that of an underwater speaker compared to the UE boom. it also had a very directional sound and just didn't sound the same from behind. If you think about a portable speaker, you're not always going to find the optimum location for your ears, especially if you're out with friends or on a trip, and this is where the 360 sound shines! The bass, although not as good as the bose, is absolutely adequate for a portable speaker of this size, and i don't notice the deficiency 90% of the time! Besides, you won't be perpetually comparing them!

I would recommend having the speaker near ear level height-wise (and this imporves bass too!, as does the bass boost option on the excellent included app), but the D-ring on the UE boom helps with this as you can hang it up somewhere. Overall the sound is bright and punchy. I love great sounding speakers and I would choose this over the soundlink mini again if I had to - the 360 sound, bright quality throughout volume range, and clarity clinch it!

***Build/Design***
Truly excellent, this is a serious bit of tech, though not immediately obvious upon inspection. It doesn't look expensive (I went for cyan and I think if given the chance I would get the all black version - but I don't think it's currently worth the extra £25) but as my friend pointed out - this is certainly not a bad thing, especially if you're travelling with it! It certainly feels very well built though, with a reassuring weight and no plasticky creakiness anywhere to be found. The splash-resistance is an excellent and underrated feature as I can take this into the shower or place it poolside without worry!

I feel like the white may start getting dirty, but I think this can be cleaned quite easily - especially due to the splash proof nature of the speaker. I will add a comment if this becomes an issue though.

***Features and Extras***
The app's basic equaliser is very useful, I don't have need for the alarm but this could also be a plus. The speakerphone quality is very good!

***Battery Issues***
There have been reviewers saying that due to the unreplaceable battery - this item will fail within a couple of years. Firstly, welcome to the 21st century of disposable tech. Secondly, the documentation that comes with this indicates how to remove the battery for 'disposable', it all seems very easy to do, and the battery itself is almost certainly user replaceable, though maybe not officially so.

The battery, by the way is excellent. I've been using it for hours and hours over the past two days and still haven't got to 50% charge. Though this is obviously use dependent.

***Overall***
This is a fantastic purchase if you're in this market - forgive the slight bass deficiency as everything else will more than make up for it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2014 11:22 PM BST