Profile for CFD-girl > Reviews

Content by CFD-girl

CFD-girl "computer geek" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Samsung EB-L1G6LLU 2100 mAh Genuine Battery for Galaxy S3 (None-Retail Packaging)
Offered by My Mobile Style

4.0 out of 5 stars Made in 2013 like the original phone battery, 21 July 2016
Seems genuine, charges ok. Made in 2013 like the original phone battery. Does the job - for a fiver I'm not really that bothered if it needs replacing in 6 months as other reviews state, I'm sure the phone will be dead before then anyway!

BaByliss 2777U Big Hair Rotating Styler - 42 mm
BaByliss 2777U Big Hair Rotating Styler - 42 mm

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality motor - 2 die in under 4 years with minimal use on short, thin hair!, 21 July 2016
I've had the motors burn out of 2 of these in well under 4 years. I have short (shoulder length) and very thin hair. I use it for a maximum of 2 or 3 minutes about 5 times a week.. Shockingly badly made. It's not like I have long, thick hair (in my dreams!) that takes 10-20 minutes to dry... For something that is hardly used I would expect (given the price) that it would last a LOT longer. It makes me cross that there are so few competitors because I would love to buy a different brand. The concept is great, my hair is in better condition by not having to use straighteners to defrizz, but it is expensive to keep buying a product that the manufacturer clearly makes as disposable even if they hike up the price to a silly amount. I bought the 2nd one because I thought the first going was just one of those things, but the 2nd lasted even less time! Shame on you Babyliss, you should be ashamed of selling such poor quality products.

Look Inside: Your Body (Usborne Look Inside)
Look Inside: Your Body (Usborne Look Inside)
by Louie Stowell

5.0 out of 5 stars The flaps under flaps are a great hit. The pictures are engaging enough for her ..., 31 May 2016
My two year old loves this. A couple of weeks ago she started noticing that the food she ate went into her mouth and "down her neck" so I told her it went into her tummy. Then she started stating as a fact that the food went from her tummy down her legs and into her feet (?? but of course, toddler logic!) so I got her this book to help explain the digestive, ahem, order.... She loves it. The flaps under flaps are a great hit. The pictures are engaging enough for her to hold her attention whilst I do other things (like being the laundry fairy). Whilst she can't read the words, she does loves it when I sit down and read it with her, but I am not allowed to touch the book flaps...

Mr Men 10 In 1 Puzzle
Mr Men 10 In 1 Puzzle
Offered by byfield_good_books

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money., 25 May 2016
This review is from: Mr Men 10 In 1 Puzzle (Toy)
My daughter has this and even she can see how poorly made this rubbish is, constantly breaking. The cardboard on the box is better quality than the jigsaws! It started to go wrong from the moment we opened the box. Not all the pieces were separated, not a problem we thought, except even as adults my husband and I managed to tear the backing paper off as they were not cut all the way through! Several of the pieces are (for some reason that nobody considered) are designed so that they are only a couple of mm wide so that they break when separating the jigsaw. I am very disappointed with this total and utter waste of money. All it teaches my daughter is that things today are disposable and not designed to last. Whoever designed this should hang their head in shame. It is not fit for purpose and certainly not designed for young children. I'd give a negative rating if I could.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Crucial CT12864AC667 1GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.8V Memory Module
Crucial CT12864AC667 1GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.8V Memory Module

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 April 2016
Years later and it's still going strong :-)

City Walks: Paris: 50 Adventures on Foot (City Walks)
City Walks: Paris: 50 Adventures on Foot (City Walks)
by Martha Fay
Edition: Cards

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 28 April 2016
It's ok...

The LEGO® Ideas Book
The LEGO® Ideas Book
by Daniel Lipkowitz

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste the money, 28 April 2016
This review is from: The LEGO® Ideas Book (Hardcover)
This was a gift. Don't waste the money, look online for inspiration that is not dull, boring and predictable.

Neewer 55Mm Mc Uv Filter Multi Coated Ultra-Violet For Sony
Neewer 55Mm Mc Uv Filter Multi Coated Ultra-Violet For Sony

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with that, 28 April 2016
It works. Have other items from this brand. They do the trick and are affordable. Happy with that.

Samsonite Torbole Photo/Video 130 Colt Camera Bag/Case - Grey/Orange - Ref. 23317

5.0 out of 5 stars was a good price at the time, 28 April 2016
Well made, was a good price at the time.

digitalmediastore Sony RM-S1AM, RM-L1AM compatible remote shutter release cable for Sony Alpha A33, A35, A55, A65, A77 - INCLUDES UK DELIVERY

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5