Profile for S. Dixon > Reviews

The Bog Baby
The Bog Baby
by Jeanne Willis

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to buy this book!, 8 Oct. 2008
This review is from: The Bog Baby (Paperback)
Buy this book now - you won't be disappointed. My children (9 and 11) absolutely love it and so do I. I'm off to find a bog baby of my own...

On the Wild Side: Experiments in New Naturalism
On the Wild Side: Experiments in New Naturalism
by Keith Wiley

5.0 out of 5 stars A bloodless revolution in the garden., 28 May 2004
After reading this book I will never again be ashamed of my wild looking garden. Gardens which look the same year after year should be considered old fashioned. Give me a garden full of surprises which evolves and changes. This book will inspire you to look to nature for ideas. Nature doesn't use a rule book and neither should we. Having visited the Garden House many years ago, I know understand how Keith has created a natural, wild garden in harmony with its surroundings. Full of wonderful photographs and stories about his horticultural wanderings, this is a book which you will return to again and again. Be reasured Keith, those pounds you gained whilst writing were well worth it!

The No-Work Garden: Getting the Most Out of Your Garden for the Least Amount of Work
by Bob Flowerdew

5.0 out of 5 stars A real book for real gardeners, 1 April 2003
At last I understand why I find gardening such a chore - I'm working too hard! This book is full of really hepful tips and hints which, now I know, will turn my garden into something to enjoy. I will no longer feel like I'm going into battle every weekend. I'm not going to grow anything which I can't eat or smell (I'm not sure about the aphrodesiac bit). I will make compost with pride and try to encourage my husband to wee on it. Any bits of my garden which are looking a bit wild, I will tell everyone are dedicated to wildlife - what an excuse! Thank you Bob for a book which really is of practical help. Everyone knows decking gets mouldy and slimy and paint peels but such is the influence of 'so-called' experts, that the adoring public follows blindly. Well not anymore - make way for the Flowerdew revolution.