Profile for Katie Kelly > Reviews

Content by Katie Kelly

Katie Kelly "blossom" (Belfast, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Little Bird: a serial killer thriller
Little Bird: a serial killer thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping debut, looking forward to more, 31 July 2017
When a young girl is murdered at her sister's wedding in Belfast the investigation throws a light onto her family in ways which dredge up the past. New to the city, escaping her present and searching for her past, Anna, a police officer from Cardiff, learns about her new home and takes us through the political, business and private worlds of the city and some of its key players. Declan Wells is a forensic Psychologist, his involvement in the case is present and personal, but in a city which can never shake its history, is his painful past part of the key to solving the case?
This is a gripping, intelligent debut novel from Sharon Dempsey, which brings all the shades of Belfast to our notice. The characters of Anna and Declan are engaging, complex and real. The use of different 'voices' in the book makes the reader feel very much part of the investigation and the minds of the main characters. I really couldn't put the book down once I had settled into its rhythm. Fans of TV's The Fall will love this.

The Nest: America's hottest new bestseller
The Nest: America's hottest new bestseller

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't get past first few chapters, but probably my fault., 21 July 2017
I have to be honest and say that as a rule I don't like novels with characters I don't like. This book, so far, is full of people I find pretty repellant so I haven't engaged with it. As I also couldn't stand The Goldfinch I have to wonder if I'm just too soft for this type of literature.

Toilet Light, Lantoo Toilet Lights Inside Toilet Glow Bowl. LED Toilet Light Motion Activated Seat Light & UV Sterilizer Bathroom Night Light 8 Colors Changing IP65 Waterproof.
Offered by LKdeals

3.0 out of 5 stars Toilet training fun, 21 July 2017
Purchased as a bit of fun for my older kids who just thought I was mental, wish we'd had it for toilet training when my kids were younger as they would have loved it and it would have saved us having to put the light on and taking longer to settle to sleep in the middle of the night! The sensor is a little bit unpredictable hence the rating.

Here Sits The Mug of the World's Best Pops - Coaster - Great Birthday gift or Christmas present idea! Perfect for Father's Day.
Offered by WEVOW

4.0 out of 5 stars Dead on, 21 July 2017
Took a bit longer to arrive than I hoped but my Dad was pleased with it and he is called 'Pops' instead of Grandad so it's perfect.

How Did We Get So Dark?
How Did We Get So Dark?

5.0 out of 5 stars Sing a long rocktastic, 21 July 2017
This review is from: How Did We Get So Dark? (Audio CD)
I didn't know how they'd follow up the first album with only 2 members of the band surely there's a limit to how many songs they can write and perform but their formula works and I just love this.

Songmics 200 x 200 cm Picnic Blanket Waterproof Backing Outdoor Beach Picnic Rug Mat with Handle GCM76S
Offered by Songmics

5.0 out of 5 stars Picnic Ready, 21 July 2017
Lovely soft cover finish, looks great and arrived quickly in a well packed box. Delighted. Now just need some dry weather ...

The Roanoke Girls: the addictive Richard & Judy Book Club thriller 2017
The Roanoke Girls: the addictive Richard & Judy Book Club thriller 2017

4.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing family drama well written, 9 April 2017
A very strange combination of engaging due to the excellent writing and repellant due to the subject matter. It's not a book you "enjoy" but you want to know what happens to Lane so you stick with it.

Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game but do apply a little caution, 20 Feb. 2017
So funny that my teenage sons were appalled by the non PC nature of this game. I took it to a friend's for a 'therapy' evening involving gin and giggles and we became so riotous and ridiculous you'd have thought we had drunk 2 bottles. It is the most perfect way to unwind with friends, or perhaps a great shortcut to get to know 'your sort' of people!! We do have a friend whose son died from a brain tumour and I have realised recently that this is one of the 'white' card answers - it pays to perhaps go through and take out anything that wouldn't just be offensive but cause huge upset.

25 Plain Wooden Heart Shape Craft Tags Plaques Decorative 100mm by Kurtzy TM
25 Plain Wooden Heart Shape Craft Tags Plaques Decorative 100mm by Kurtzy TM
Offered by Kurtzie - Fast Shipping

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 20 Feb. 2017
Arrived perfectly but are much bigger than I thought - my own fault!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2017 1:02 PM BST

Younique BB Flawless Complexion Enhancer (Bisque)
Younique BB Flawless Complexion Enhancer (Bisque)
Offered by younified

5.0 out of 5 stars It's my favourite BB cream and gives a super finish, 20 Feb. 2017
I have ordered this before from a rep and this was so much quicker and easier. It's my favourite BB cream and gives a super finish.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5