Profile for Luna Corona > Reviews

Handmade Silk Paper
Handmade Silk Paper
by Kath Russon

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best buy by a long shot., 30 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Handmade Silk Paper (Paperback)
I don't recall the reason I purchased this book but it is very off-putting to read as its text is written in very large type, making it feel as if the book is almost shouting at you, or if it is specifically for those with impaired sight. It is also written rather blandly - there are far better books out there with more information (and pictures) on the subject than this (see Silk Paper by Sarah Lawrence) and much better presented.

The Bird Collectors
The Bird Collectors
by Barbara Mearns

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly researched., 30 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Bird Collectors (Hardcover)
What a lot of work has gone on to making this book! Very very interesting, heart-breaking in places to read about the historical practices and subsequent decline of our feathered friends, but well worth the read.

Page After Page: Making Individual Books and Journals
Page After Page: Making Individual Books and Journals
by Frances Pickering

5.0 out of 5 stars Check out the website before purchasing!, 30 Jan. 2016
Fabulous book with lots of wonderful pictures and guidelines for creating your own books. I just wish I had bought this and its sister publication, "Under the Cover; Paper and Fabric Books" on Frances Pickering's website, where I could have saved myself a couple of quid!

Layer, Paint and Stitch: Create Textile Art Using Freehand Machine Embroidery and Hand Stitching (The Textile Artist)
by Wendy Dolan

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for beginners and experienced enthusiasts, 30 Jan. 2016
Love this book, it has more hints and tips than I have had in other books of this subject. The projects to follow and general guidelines are well written and easy to work through.

Irregular Choice Women Dazzles 2Nd Razzle Closed-Toe Pumps, Off-White (Cream Floral), 6 UK 39 EU
Offered by Scorpion Shoes Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Being great weather (in September) the event was held outside as ..., 30 Jan. 2016
As my wedding was to be outdoors, I bought these as a "backup" pair of shoes and then had the dilemma of which pair to wear on the day. Being great weather (in September) the event was held outside as originally planned and I didn't wear these in the end. They are beautifully made and came in a gorgeous presentation box. I will look forward to wearing them on other occasions.

New Bookbinding Starter Tool Kit - Bone folder, Awl, Needles and Thread
New Bookbinding Starter Tool Kit - Bone folder, Awl, Needles and Thread
Offered by Vintage Paper Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 30 Jan. 2016
I am really enjoying this new hobby of making books, albeit little notebook ones just for my own use so far! Super tools, and brilliant service from Vintage Paper Co.

Geology in South-West Scotland: An Excursion Guide (Classical Areas of British Geology Guides)
by P. Stone

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly outdated but still worth purchasing, 30 Jan. 2016
A lovely book, the second one I have bought as my first one got stolen! It might have been published in 1996 but that is of little consequence in geological times to 2016, however perhaps it is time for a new edition? I just wish it had excursions written for the area between Moffat, Dumfries and Langholm - it seems odd that the Burnswark Hill has no mention whatsoever, nor the valleys of Wamphrey Glen.

Nomadic Felts: Artistic Traditions in World Cultures
Nomadic Felts: Artistic Traditions in World Cultures
by Stephanie Bunn

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite books now!, 30 Jan. 2016
This is a magical book and one to treasure and read many times over. Beautiful pictures and a huge impressive amount of research written well for any enthusiast. Just one very minor quibble from Mary Burkett's Foreward to the book, when she starts by saying, "It seems surprising that it is now fifty-six years since I first witnessed felt-rolling....in 1962..." Someone should have checked the maths for a book published in 2010! However, I'm not letting that stop me giving it five stars.

Ap Pro Series 110 Lumens Cree Lantern/ Torch
Ap Pro Series 110 Lumens Cree Lantern/ Torch

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as hoped for, 30 Jan. 2016
I have had two of these fantastic torch-lanterns before, bought locally, but since I can no longer get them at that shop, I was pleased to find them here at Amazon. Since I only use the lantern and torch part anyway, it doesn't matter to me that the flashing mode of the torch does not work, however it does annoy me that any batteries sent out with such items either do not last very long at all, or, as in this case, are completely flat. I'd rather no batteries were included as it might save on money to buy two lots! However, the power of the light with a decent set of batteries is very good indeed.

Elegantpark MB-039 White Women's Round Toe Satin Chunky Middle Heel Strappy Bridal Boots UK 6
Offered by ELEGANTPARK

4.0 out of 5 stars and ordered the next size up which was great so I'd recommend doing the same if you are ..., 24 Sept. 2015
The first pair I purchased was my usual size UK 6, but they were stiflingly small. I returned them to China at a cost of £21.40 (postage not refunded), and ordered the next size up which was great so I'd recommend doing the same if you are looking to make a purchase! I had a lot of compliments about them on my wedding day and intend to wear them on other occasions, they are a gorgeous satin and very well-made on the whole.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4