Profile for The Uncanny > Reviews

Haunted [DVD]
Haunted [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Brett

5.0 out of 5 stars Great vintage tv from the early 70s, 31 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Haunted [DVD] (DVD)
Great vintage tv from the early 70s. The Ferryman is excellent and one of my favourite supernatural television programmes from this era. Super atmospheric and great acting. Poor girl was new to me but I enjoyed this also. This is a great release but then I love vintage British television.

The Jack the Ripper Location Photographs: Dutfield's Yard and the Whitby Collection
by Philip Hutchinson

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful and interesting little book, 30 Jan. 2017
A wonderful and interesting little book. I purchased this a few years ago when first published and it has a place on my 'select' bookshelves. The author has done a great job with presenting these photographs along with the research involved in identifying the photographers and locations.

This book does exactly what I'd hoped for and has always created interest from friends and family with an interest in true crime and London's history.

Capturing Jack The Ripper: In the Boots of a Bobby in Victorian London
Capturing Jack The Ripper: In the Boots of a Bobby in Victorian London
by Neil R. A. Bell

1.0 out of 5 stars The silly title of this book should have been enough ..., 29 Jan. 2017
The silly title of this book should have been enough to put me off but I purchased it on the strength of the positive reviews. I made a mistake. Amateurish and poorly written.

Edit* It appears that some of the top five star reviews are from friends or acquaintances of the author so not always indicative of the quality on offer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2017 8:52 PM GMT

Capturing Jack the Ripper: In the Boots of a Bobby in Victorian London
Capturing Jack the Ripper: In the Boots of a Bobby in Victorian London
by Neil R. A. Bell

The Uninvited [1944] [DVD]
The Uninvited [1944] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Milland

1.0 out of 5 stars Something must be wrong?, 7 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Uninvited [1944] [DVD] (DVD)
I don't understand what is going on with this release. Some reviewers state that the picture quality is great. The quality is just plain awful on the disc I have received. In fact it is much worse than my old off-air dvd-r copy.
The movie is great and indeed the two radio plays are a very nice touch. Waited so long for the release of this but disappointed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2012 2:11 PM GMT