Profile for Broken_Bicycles > Reviews

✮Special Offer✮ Luxury Kensington Kitchen Stainless Steel Garlic Press Bundle
✮Special Offer✮ Luxury Kensington Kitchen Stainless Steel Garlic Press Bundle
Offered by MadBuy

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality!, 20 April 2016
This must be the Rolls Royce of garlic crushers - works so well that hardly any garlic wasted. Feels very solid.

Sram Leisure I-3 3 Speed Hub Freewheel/Disc Brake 32H 135 OLD 178 Axle - Silver
Sram Leisure I-3 3 Speed Hub Freewheel/Disc Brake 32H 135 OLD 178 Axle - Silver
Offered by Dennis Winter leven ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth as Silk, 20 April 2016
Smooth as silk, with a very pleasing tick tick tick tick freewheel sound!

Sony NWZ-W273S 4 GB Waterproof All-in-One MP3 Player - Black
Sony NWZ-W273S 4 GB Waterproof All-in-One MP3 Player - Black
Offered by Zob 'n' Saf

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good while it worked for cycling and running, 4 Jan. 2015
Pretty good while it worked for cycling and running. (Useless in the pool - I'm amazed that some people have found it to work ok while swimming, and can only assume that they dont generate much in the way of directional force). The reason for one star is that after a little over 12 months (remarkable, that) the battery refuses to take a charge. Apparently this is not an uncommon fault. There is no remedy. Well, apart from replace it that is. I thought better of the Sony brand. Not anymore.

TELL WHERE I LIE
TELL WHERE I LIE

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect autumn listening, 14 Sept. 2013
This review is from: TELL WHERE I LIE (Audio CD)
It's all been said already here, the soaring reverb soaked harmonies, beautiful melodies, fleet foxes inspired. But there's also a good dose of Midlake in there too, which seems to lend itself perfectly to this time of year, melancholy, reflective....(maybe Turin Brakes too, but don't let that put you off!) It's just what you need in September in England as you think back to the now fading summer. I stumbled on them at End of the Road festival a couple of weeks ago, and had a perfect half hour lying on the grass, couple of pints of proper beer and a few clouds floating across a blue sky. I've listened to this album a few times since, and it keeps getting better.

AcuLife Ear Wax Removal Syringe
AcuLife Ear Wax Removal Syringe

5.0 out of 5 stars I was deaf and now I can hear!, 4 Sept. 2013
After a holiday that included a lot of swimming I almost completely lost hearing in one ear. No pain, just blocked. The doctors offered me an appointment to have my ear syringed... two weeks from now. I decided I couln't wait that long, and although I know that you have to be careful putting or squirting anything in your ears I ordered this product. 15 mins after unpacking I now have perfect hearing in both ears. And yes, it IS amazing what comes out. Very happy.

Lulu
Lulu
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Two ways of looking at this..., 24 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Lulu (Audio CD)
I'm always attracted to albums that polarise opinion like this collaboration has. Personally I'm glad to see the five star reviews just outnumbering the one star reviews. If you're wondering what you would think about it, it's easy: if you like Lou but not Metallica you'll hate it. If you like Metallica but not Lou Reed, you'll hate it. But if, like me, you think both Lou Reed and Metallica have produced f***ing great albums in their time....BUY IT NOW!!

Endless Highway - The Music Of The Band
Endless Highway - The Music Of The Band
Offered by HLRecordsEU

4.0 out of 5 stars Can you go wrong with songs like this?, 27 Nov. 2009
The music of The Band is justifiably revered, and for many people no cover version of these songs will do them justice. If you are new to The Band or, like me have only discovered their genius fairly recently, very likely the sheer quality of the songs here will blow you away. On the whole, the "loosey-goosey" delivery as it was known isn't imitated, leaving the songs to shine in their own right.

Blues Traveller, Lee Ann Womack, Gomez, Allman Brothers, My Morning Jacket, John Hiatt and Animal Liberation Orchestra all produce the goods with well chosen covers, delivered with first class musicianship. There are one or two lack-lustre songs towards the end of the cd but, on the whole, the quality is excellent and I would definately recommend this to anyone unfamiliar with The Band by way of an introduction.

Apple iPod classic 80GB black
Apple iPod classic 80GB black

3.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 10 Oct. 2008
I have half filled my two week old ipod classic with 7500 songs, and it has just lost all the cover art. It started to show signs of freezing up - slow to respond in cover flow mode, then nothing. I can get it to play manually selected tracks still, but if it's getting temperamental when half full is there any point in trying to put the rest of my music library on it?

I am NOT impressed.

3 stars only because 80gb for £150 is cheap compared to its comtetitors and, as you'd expect, it looks nice.. It does not, however, do everything that the glossy ads say it will do, and i'm not confident that it won't end up causing me loads of grief.

The Mighty Boosh [DVD]
The Mighty Boosh [DVD]
Dvd ~ Noel Fielding
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Joyous, 25 Mar. 2008
This review is from: The Mighty Boosh [DVD] (DVD)
I heard Bob Mortimer describe the Mighty Boosh's comedy as "joyous" and immediately realised that thats what makes it SO good. You're just watching naturally funny people on the same wavelength having a laugh, with some surreal plots and crazy costumes thrown in...and its the best comedy you'll ever see.

Endless Road
Endless Road

3.0 out of 5 stars Technically brilliant, but........, 23 May 2007
This review is from: Endless Road (Audio CD)
If phenomenal guitar playing on it's own is enough to peruade you to check this out, then go for it. You won't be dissapointed.

Personally, Endless Road left me wondering.... well, where the road was leading. There's a feeling of demo mode, or musical collage about the album. Each track is flawless in terms of playing, but fails to be interesting. The whole album sounds like a list of assignments for budding virtuoso guitarists. What's that school for 5 year old Japanese violinists called?

Maybe this sounds like jealousy, coming as it does from a technically challenged guitar player, and there is some truth in that. I'd like to think, however, that if I had this guy's talent, I'd use it a little more creatively, and put a bit of my own personality into the playing.