Profile for Abandoned Void > Reviews

Content by Abandoned Void

Abandoned Void "Opeth-fiend" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Triangle
Triangle
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, 23 April 2017
This review is from: Triangle (Audio CD)
Sublime!

Transcendence
Transcendence

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo good!!!, 22 April 2017
This review is from: Transcendence (Audio CD)
My favourite album of 2016 - just brilliant!! Devin and his tremendous cohorts deliver, as always.
The only problem with an album this good is that as soon as I come down I just want to play their next opus. The anticipation is great. I hope we don't have to wait too long...

The Empire
The Empire

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!, 22 April 2017
This review is from: The Empire (Audio CD)
Always reliable, always there to show you how thrash/death metal should be executed. Polands finest! 🤘🏻😎

The SE112M+ earphones deliver great sound and feature an inline Microphone and Remote making them the perfect upgrade to supplied headsets and earbuds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very good!!, 22 April 2017
I took delivery of my new Shure SE112s yesterday and I was immediately impressed by the product packaging and literature which are of excellent quality. This quality continues further with the headphones themselves which are very well made and inspire confidence with their solid build and thick cables. I'd have preferred a right-angled jack plug (although this is a very minor niggle) but I can see why one hasn't been supplied due to the thicker cabling. Anyway, I've only had chance to put 2-3 hours of music through the SE112s so far but I have to say the sound is superb right out of the box: great bass, good middle and treble.
I mainly listen to Heavy Rock and Metal and these Shure 'phones really suit this type of music which I play via my iPod Classic. Naturally they are sure (pardon the pun) to get even better as they loosen up.
Well chuffed! Highly recommended!

What Doesn't Kill You...: My Life in Motor Racing
What Doesn't Kill You...: My Life in Motor Racing
by Johnny Herbert

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Johnny Go!!, 22 April 2017
I've been a fan of Johnny Herbert since the late 80s and I was lucky enough to be there at Silverstone (at Copse corner) when he won the 1995 British Grand Prix, and I always hoped he'd write an autobiography. I've had a good flick through, reading snippets, and it looks to be a great read. The photographs are not of the highest quality but they aren't poor either. Yup, can't wait to get stuck into this, proper. :)

Seven Bells
Seven Bells

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Black Metal of exceptional quality, 10 July 2016
This review is from: Seven Bells (Audio CD)
First of all I purchased this album from the record company, but my review is of truth and honesty.
Secrets of the Moon are a band that deserve to be huge! Their sound, writing and playing are exceptional. Seven Bells is truly astonishing. From the opening bells and riffs of Seven Bells, to the magnificent 'Blood into Wine', through to the end crescendo of 'The Three Beggars', this album cannot be ignored.
There is no filler here, only pure thriller.
If you like Black Metal of exceptional quality, combined with a production that sucks you right in, then look no further than 'Seven Bells'. Fantastic from beginning to end. BUY IT!!!!!!

Magma
Magma

5.0 out of 5 stars A great return from Gojira..., 29 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Magma (Audio CD)
... Magna: heavy, powerful, hypnotic, beautiful, balanced and the exact opposite of 'Sauvage' - which is what I wanted. A copy of 'l'enfant' would have been a huge mistake.
I can see why some reviewers are not keen on Magna, but all I'll say is keep playing it; it will grow on you. And sorry, but it is heavy, VERY heavy! *shakes head*
\m>.<\m/

Repentless (Bonus DVD)
Repentless (Bonus DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh boy this is SOOOO good!!, 16 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Repentless (Bonus DVD) (Audio CD)
I first heard Slayer on the Tommy Vances radio 1 rock show (Jesus Saves) back in '86. I have been a fan every since. I'm not a 'Slayer can't do anything wrong' type of fan, just a guy who appreciates their work and live shows. But it's fair to say that Slayer hit a treadmill phase several years back and I haven't "loved" their past few albums. But then along came "Repentless". For me this is their best record since 'Seasons...' Heavy, brutal, fast and it is played to an immaculately high standard; the production equals that. Whether you think that Gary Holts input has helped with this, or they did this for Jeff, doesn't really matter; we all will have varying opinions. Putting it simply 'Repentless' is a huge return to form for Slayer and I'm so glad that they managed to produce such an epic opus. Feck me it's good!! Roll on the UK tour in November!! All hail the mighty Slayer. They've done you proud Jeff! \m/
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2016 11:07 PM GMT

Essential Alison Krauss
Essential Alison Krauss

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous in every possible way., 1 Nov. 2014
A beautiful album by a beautiful woman. Heavenly.

Paper Airplane
Paper Airplane

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential!, 1 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Paper Airplane (MP3 Download)
Pure bliss!! Need I say more? OK then, Alison Krauss makes me cry - voice of an angel. Beautiful too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7