Profile for Recycled Rabbit > Reviews

Content by Recycled Rabbit
Top Reviewer Ranking: 520

Recycled Rabbit (Warwickshire)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Hydra Power
L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Hydra Power
Offered by Kiara World

4.0 out of 5 stars Mildly perfumed, 24 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Slightly mild joss sticky scent. Not too dominant, but has lingering smell. I begged him not to use Lynx because it makes me gag...this isn't as overpowering, but not sure I'd like to smell it constantly. The weird grey carbon gel smells a bit better

L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Total Clean
L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Total Clean
Offered by Kiara World

4.0 out of 5 stars Carbon? Yes really, carbon, 24 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A bit mystifying that you'd want to lather yourself up with carbon...it really is a grey shower gell! Has a mild slightly spicy perfumed smell, not too dominant (not in the oh good grief Lynx overpowering pong). Hey it's liquid soap

Sage by Heston Blumenthal the No Mess Waffle Maker, 900 W
Sage by Heston Blumenthal the No Mess Waffle Maker, 900 W

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect. The wafflebot review, 21 Jun. 2016
I've had a long search to replace my vintage Tefal waffle maker. It's main boon was that didn't have a locking hinge so the waffle rose up unhindered (this one has a lock for storage only). We normally have waffles every Sunday with homemade ice cream, defrosted berry coulis and fruit. I need to change my style a little, but this is a final solution.
The plate is 17cm in diameter, making a surface area of 227cmsq. My previous one made 2 rectangular waffles of 234cmsq in total per cooking instance. For two people (even one with voracious Y chromasome) a one egg recipe was ample, making about 5-6 rectangular waffles. This makes the equivalent of 3 round waffles.
I found the 3 setting made slightly too crisp waffles, whereas setting 2 was just a little eggy in the middle. For once I don't have to lift the lid anxiously...it pings at you when it's done. I may experiment with a timer to get a waffle in between the two settings when the timer has gone. I'm still a melted butter greaser myself. The waffles are a little thinner, but because guessing the cooking time isn't necessary, you get a very consistent taste. Still having difficulty guessing how much batter to add to each of the quarters, the first go overfilled the moat! I also think the lid may be slightly too heavy and so reduces the rise.

After agonising, I could in no way justify spending more than £100 on a waffle maker, and so decided against the more expensive version. I'm still adjusting to the roundness of waffles after 20 years. Gulp.

Recipes are included, iincluding an elusive one for Belgian waffles (made with yeast!). As ever, they suggest huge 3 egg quantities...you can freeze the things or fridge them, reviving either in a toaster. Fresh is nicer, so I'd suggest painful maths unless you are feeding hordes.
It does seem fairly easy to clean, even if the plates aren't removable. Cooking is much less stressful at least. Still a bit of a compromise (arggh £100!)

east2eden Vintage Retro Wicker Magazine Newspaper Holder Rack Stand Storage Basket (Antique Brown)
Offered by east2eden

5.0 out of 5 stars Recycling gem, 19 Jun. 2016
I can see I'll be ordering a few of these. I bought this for the hallway to rip off address labels for future secure shredding and put cardboard packing in the other side (you do know that councils have been prosecuting people for littering if their handily addressed recycling blows out of their bin!, and how con artists get locksmiths to open doors for them or neighbours to look away if they have your name.. Solid, a little skewed, perfectly sized and as hard wearing as wicker ever is. Oh no I need three more to collect bottles, cans, paper and plastics from around the house to tip into the recycling bin, so much easier than the fill up your arms awkward juggling. Really happy purchaser

Post-it Index Flags Arrow Tabs 12 mm (24 of Each Colour) - Green/Yellow/Blue/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Here's Waldo, 17 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For pointing out sections in legal documents. Very useful if we stay in the EU, as the tree loathing bureaucrats required 5 signarures for a single application form for regional development funding for small businesses. Making people SIGN HERE was a nightmare, alleviated by these colourful arrows

Parker Jotter Bond Street Black Chrome Trim Ball Pen Medium Nib - Gift Boxed
Parker Jotter Bond Street Black Chrome Trim Ball Pen Medium Nib - Gift Boxed

4.0 out of 5 stars Fluid, 14 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The writing with this pen is nice and fluid, which is due to the innards. It's cool too handle in my sweaty paws. I'm less keen on black and steel mixes, preferring all steel versions (easier to spot to stop you losing them). Not a really wonderful presentation box. I wish pen sellers would just dump this aged concept anyway....
Certainly nicer than cheapo ballpoints, even if I now more often type.

Manuka Doctor ApiRevive Manuka & Tea Tree Antiseptic Gel 25 ml
Manuka Doctor ApiRevive Manuka & Tea Tree Antiseptic Gel 25 ml
Offered by Online Beauty Buys

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems pretty good, 9 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Normally I attack badly healing skin with alcohol. This is a lot more soothing and seems to reduce inflamation. Only needs a bit

Defenders Easy Set Mole Claw Trap
Defenders Easy Set Mole Claw Trap
Offered by Red House Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Sickened to be offered this on vine for free, 31 May 2016
Moles are part of the landscape, and I would welcome them in my garden as it might actually make it drain better instead of the soggy mess it gets with every greenhouse gas induced winter rainstorm. I've seen one at close quarters once when clearing out house drains. This seller should be barred
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2016 8:25 PM BST

iGuerburn Silicone Mini Oven Safety Mitt/ Pot Holder/ Pinch Grip - Set of 2 (Frog Green)
Offered by iGuerburn Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Half goid, 30 May 2016
Good for grabbing slightly hot pan handles, but too thin for prolonged grasping of baking trays

Pocket Electronic Hayfever Allergy Relief Treatment Device, Red Light Technology- Allergic Rhinitis Reliever
Offered by psychculture UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Really tiny, Still testing, some positive results?, 30 May 2016
Himself's allergy responses are getting so bad he can't concentrate on work, and he snores me into sleeplessness at night.
What none of the reviews seem to mention is that this thing is relatively tiny. It comes in a box about the size of a pack of painkillers.
You really need to retain the clear plastic case for safe storage and to prevent it being accidentally switched on. . It comes with an installed coin battery and two spares. At the end opposite the probes there is a hard white plastic oval with a CE mark. This blends pretty seemlessly into the white malleable plastic case. You have to prise the oval free with your fingernails to slide out the battery compartment. As I think the device needs a wipe with antibacterial tissues, which inevitably switches it on, cutting the power by slightly moving the battery is a useful procedure.

The device itself firmly grips the septum inside your nose, and putting it in ends up triggering it on. It is on an automatic timer circuit for four and a half minutes. It does look somewhat comical as your nose lights up like Rudolf the reindeer. The general explanation for this type of device is that one red wavelength reduces inflamation and another suppresses histamine production, or alternatively it increases bloodflow. Hey ho.

So we've done day one with four separate treatments. Other half was unsure if he felt a noticeable improvement, but to me his face looked a little more relaxed. I have mild allergy sneezing and two goes reduced my symptoms slightly. More to follow as the weeks progress.

Currently (May) he is forced to take hayfever tablets twice a day, which ultimately can't be good for the system on top of other medications.
We had also started eating local honey, which may or may not work. As far as I can see, bees must accumulate small amounts of backgroud tree and grass pollens when they gather flower nectar. Honey does have antiseptic properties (on wounds- used it on a sick bunny at the vet's suggestion). Maybe the combination desensitises. Most online explanations are a little garbled.

As time progresses, we'll be able to judge if this is hokum, moderately helpful placebo, or actually is really an amazing cure worth the unpleasantly high price. I was at my wit's end watching himself get worse and worse, so you too, gentle reader, may be also reading this in despair. Tomorrow is another day.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20