Profile for Zele Yaka-Atari > Reviews

Content by Zele Yaka-Atari

Zele Yaka-Atari "ZHMB" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Moleskine Large Star Wars Limited Edition 18 Months 2014 Weekly Diary
Moleskine Large Star Wars Limited Edition 18 Months 2014 Weekly Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars Limited Edition 18 Month Diary, 15 Sept. 2013
This is my third purchase from the Moleskine range, and I haven't been disappointed yet. I needed a new diary as my previous 18month pocket diary runs out in December (I still use it!).

The Star Wars diary is really nice, I read a review on here about the stickers not being...sticky. So I put a light layer of glue in the sticker indent and then put the sticker on top (I chose The Empire Strikes Back - it's my favourite :D). I use it to organise my tumultuous life at Uni and training, I'm training to become a teacher, and the kids love the 'geekiness' factor of my diary - which is a plus!

I did buy it purely for the fact it is a Star Wars edition diary, however it is a durable, stylish and wonderful diary to carry with you daily. I'd recommend it to anyone that wants or needs a diary, it makes a nice change from the plain one!

Moleskine The Hobbit Hard Ruled Large Limited Edition Notebook
Moleskine The Hobbit Hard Ruled Large Limited Edition Notebook

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrations on the cover!, 15 Sept. 2013
My husband bought this for me as a present, it really is a lovely book. The illustrations on the front are really nice, and the map of Wilderland that you can put up on a wall or in a frame is an added bonus.

I am a tad afraid of writing in this book as it just seems so nice! I have started though, and it survives in my bag - so it's all going well.

I'll be buying the sketchbook edition for my husband, as he loves The Hobbit as much as I do!

Snugg Motorola Xoom Silicone Case in Black - Non-Slip Material, Protective and Soft to Touch for the Motorola Xoom

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain and a half!, 3 Sept. 2012
It fits my Motorola Xoom Snugg-ly! And the surface is actually quite convenient seeing as my other 'book' type case slips off my legs while I'm typing or designing. It doesn't cover the screen, but luckily I have a screen protector which does the job.
And for 99p you seriously can't go wrong, it really is a bargain!

Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back Rune filled memories..., 18 Mar. 2012
Rune Factory is a game that I remember playing with my siblings while I lived in the land of the rising sun, haha. It's an absolutely incredible game to play for all ages. It is a spin off of Harvest Moon, except you have the added bonus of wielding a sword!

I have spent quite a few hours getting to know my surroundings in Rune Factory and it's like a magical nostalgia, except this time I'm accompanied by a friend who set up a wii next to mine :D

This game has story, combat and adventure. And it's lovely seeing the characters develop and not just remain the same throughout. The combat is quite simple, and the caves are a joy to explore.

I would definitely recommend this game to children and young adults, although be careful...it is quite addictive!

Mork & Mindy - The First Season [1978] [DVD]
Mork & Mindy - The First Season [1978] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robin Williams
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Na-Nu Na-Nu, 30 April 2011
I bought this as a present for my dear mother. My mum goes on about the comedies in her day so I thought I'd check them out and hopefully give her a few laughs by revisiting old classics such as this!

My mum enjoys these a lot and loves to watch one episode a week, and I watch them with her! My favourite episode has to be the one where Mork tries to rescue the eggs and it plops onto the counter, I literally hurled over laughing.

TV really should have a classics month where all the old comedies are shown! The world SHOULD see Mork and the little things he finds out about humans at the end, where he relates everything he finds to Orson!

I guess this still appeals to the younger generation, depends on what type of sense of humour you have. I'm 19 and my brother's 14 and we both love watching the episodes! It truly is a treat!

Clear Hydro Gel Case For Sony Ericsson Xperia X12 Arc
Clear Hydro Gel Case For Sony Ericsson Xperia X12 Arc

5.0 out of 5 stars Hydro just sounds so cool B-), 30 April 2011
After getting the x12 (otherwise known as the Arc!), I was anxious to protect it from the world. There are so many cases out there... but after careful planning of picking the one with the coolest name I chose this!

Just to point out - It has precut holes for the vital parts of the phone; e.g. lens, flash, usb, hdmi etc
But it DOES cover the volume rocker and the dedicated camera button - this might be a problem for a few people, it was quite hilarious watching my cousin try to activate the camera like a lunatic.

It really didn't bother me though, the volume rocker still works under the protection of the HYDRO case and so does the camera button. Other than that it looks really nice, and if people ask you what your case it (which they probably never will but you could some how trick them into asking you :D ) then you could say in a cool voice 'It's hydro...yeah...hmm....hydrooo' *voice echoes and fades into the distance*

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Touch Screen Sim Free Mobile Phone - Midnight Blue
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Touch Screen Sim Free Mobile Phone - Midnight Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dream Phone, 24 April 2011
I got this wonderful piece of technology yesterday! I was planning on getting a HTC Desire HD but instead opted for this as the width of it is slimmer than the HTC.... so it's easier to text with etc (and so much more comfortable to hold)

The battery life is what is expected of a phone that has to do so much. I personally downloaded a tonne of apps to see how the battery would cope, and it seems like it coped pretty well.

The battery was about 2/3 down, after charging for 2 hours the battery only had 8% to go until it was 100% (It's precise because of a really awesome battery app that I installed!)

I wouldn't really be worried about the battery though, if you're new to Android then it'll take some getting used to but the olde Android's know how to make full use of a battery!

After one day of maxing out the battery via apps, music, browsing and watching videos the battery lasted for approximately 7.5 hours. (Take note that I watched two films and played a hell of a lot of games). I also connected the Arc to my HD tv via the HMDI cable supplied - yes...it truly is that awesome! The screen, the FULL screen of the phone shows on your tv... I have never seen that before so it was truly a delight to see it!
I will edit this piece of juicy info once I've texted/called and browsed the web for a day to see how long the battery lasts then. (battery life with 'light' usage)

Now, onto the more AWESOME bits of the Arc! The camera quality is, to simply put it, impeccable. The flexibility of taking pictures with ease via touch focus and face detection makes it a breeze! The quality of video's are quite intriguing... If you were anywhere near London then you would have seen the Thunder Storm that hit us! I captured the fine moments of the lightning using the camera... INSIDE my house, BEHIND a clear window and the Arc still managed to pick up the rumblings of the thunder and the beautiful scenery.

Plus - the way it looked on the huge 4.2inch screen just gave me shivers! Yes, the screen isn't super amoled, but the way everything POPS out gave my eyes a little surprise!

It has the newest version of Android (2.3.2), but I'm sure a 2.4/.5 update will be out soon so hopefully the Arc will be updated too! The apps downloaded seamlessly and quickly - and the live wallpapers is a point in the Arc that I think everyone will get excited about! Currently I have a smoke live wallpaper which looks incredible, I will try out more to see if they lag in any way and will update if they do have some type of negative impact!

I hope this helped in even a minuscule way in swaying your decision! This truly is an incredible phone, though it hasn't had much publicity, it is one of the best phones I have owned by far!

Z.H.B
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2012 8:00 PM BST

Martin Smith Acoustic Guitar Pack - Red
Martin Smith Acoustic Guitar Pack - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Guitar for Beginners!, 22 Jun. 2010
I bought this guitar as I had decided to learn to play after continuously obsessing over acoustic instrumentals.
It comes with a handy bag to carry the guitar around in, two plastic plectrums, a DVD for beginners, 1 Years free online lessons, spare set of strings and the Guitar!
I bought a tuner for the guitar as it was needed and a bunch of plectrums as the plastic ones were not that good.
After one month of playing my new guitar, my other mates have bought similar guitars but in different colours because they were surprised at the price and quality!

If you want a guitar that sounds and looks AWESOME! Buy this one! I chose red as it's my favourite colour.... there's other colours as well but this one looks 100 times better! :) Hope this helped XD
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2010 11:23 PM BST

Jonathan Creek - Complete Series 1-4 & The Christmas Specials Boxset [DVD] [1997]
Dvd ~ Alan Davies
Offered by joe4books

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved It!, 16 May 2010
Watched all the episode's...bought back so many memories of watching it with my family!

Such a bargain as well! Thanks Amazon!

Suki Japanese Dolls Shoulder Bag made from recycled plastic
Suki Japanese Dolls Shoulder Bag made from recycled plastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Suki Bag Rules!, 30 Nov. 2009
Bought this bag along with a Tokyo bag for myself as my other bag was near death. Cute dolls on the front and damn is this bag strong! It luckily survived my long trips to the library with nearly all of the library in it! Recommend to anyone that loves the look and wants it to last!!!

Page: 1 | 2