Profile for aerig > Reviews

Sheezus
Sheezus
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Witty, catchy and ultimately enjoyable, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Sheezus (Audio CD)
I have to admit I was quite surprised by this album. I have always enjoyed Lily's music in the past, but on hearing "Air Balloon" and "Sheezus" before the album release I was prepared to be underwhelmed. However, I was wrong. This album is relevant, witty and has some very catchy songs. It made me laugh out loud quite a few times with the comical lyrics, while still maintaining her credibility as an artist.

I feel Allen is much more mature on this album, and although she tries to create lighthearted lyrics, there is a strong message in many of them. In her earlier songs she was whining about her disappointing bedroom antics, and now she's saying how wonderful her boyfriend is! It is quite cheesy, but very sweet all the same.

The blend of brilliant lyrics, memorable songs and the diversity on this album makes it a winner. It loses a star for the songs "Sheezus" and "Air balloon" which I both find quite inane and I feel are the weakest songs on the album. If you can skip past those then the rest of the album is very enjoyable.

King Con
King Con
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and catchy, highly recommended, 1 Oct. 2012
This review is from: King Con (Audio CD)
I must admit that I hadn't heard of Alex Winston until I looked her up after enjoying the music on the advert for Google Chrome. And I was very glad that I had bothered to listen to more. Very catchy songs, with quirky chord sequences and instrumentation. The vast majority of the songs on the album are upbeat and this is refreshing as so many albums have several dull and mushy album fillers. While there are a couple of weaker tracks, as on any album they are perfectly listeneable and may appeal more to others. Stand-out tracks include "Velvet Elvis", "Fire Ant", "Locomotive" and "Choice Notes". I suggest watching the video to "Velvet Elvis" also as this is quite entertaining if not quite bizarre and gives you a sense of her personality. All in all a great album and I can't wait to hear more from this artist!

Philips PH-62050 CD/MP3/MD-To-Cassette Adapter
Philips PH-62050 CD/MP3/MD-To-Cassette Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 Sept. 2012
This Cassette adapter works just great, sound quality is excellent. I can hear the tape mechanism rotating inside my cassette player in the car, but only quietly and when music is playing this is inaudible. Note that I bought this from Amazon and was sent the SAA2050H/17. I am not sure if this is a more recent improved model (the leaflet says Copyright 2010), but nonetheless works very well at the moment. I have only had this for a week so cannot comment on longevity, however the lead crackles slightly when moved, so probably best to handle this with care. Still, for the money this works well and is exactly what I wanted.