Profile for S. P. O'GORMAN > Reviews

Content by S. P. O'GORMAN

S. P. O'GORMAN (Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Sigma 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Lens for Canon
Sigma 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Lens for Canon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lens - beats the Tamron equivalent 16-300 lens for image quality., 5 July 2015
Very impressed with this lens. Originally I bought 'Tamron AF 16-300 mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Macro Lens for Canon Camera' - and this is definitely a good lens - but I saw other reviews that seemed to indicate that the Sigma lens was better. I took a risk and bought the Sigma 18-300 lens from Amazon. This is a seriously good lens. I always process my images using DXO before final adjustment and this automatically applies adjustments for any lens issues.

I strongly recommend this lens. It is a great compromise and allows you to take just one lens for a full days shooting in varied lighting conditions. I did note that various sites mentioned that this lens is not 100% waterproof - but this has not caused me any issues.

Brother HL3140CW A4 Colour Laser Wireless Printer
Brother HL3140CW A4 Colour Laser Wireless Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, Highly recommended!, 7 May 2015
Very impressed with this printer. Great quality combined with fast printing. I mostly agree with internet comments that wireless is difficult to set up. Actually, the setup is easy - but the strange user interface means lots of clicks to select characters etc. . . but, it's worth persevering, since once setup, this is a great product and the print quality is excellent. One hint - make sure you download the correct printer driver if you want to get the best results. I found that I had to go to the Brother site to get the latest driver - but it installed easily and works well.

LaCie 500 GB (SSD) Rugged Thunderbolt & USB 3.0 with Thunderbolt 9000449
LaCie 500 GB (SSD) Rugged Thunderbolt & USB 3.0 with Thunderbolt 9000449

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, VERY fast. So good, I bought a second one!, 6 Feb. 2015
Excellent value for money. Mind-numbingly fast! Easy to set up and use using Thunderbolt.

Universal Car Mount + USB Car Charging for Samsung Galaxy S IV / S III / Ace 3 / Note III / Note II, DC 5V / 1.5A, Support 360 Degree Rotation

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, Works well, 6 Feb. 2015
Well made, easy to use and adjust to get a good, clear viewing angle. The onboard charging (USB) capability is very useful.

Wharfedale Diamond SW150 Subwoofer (Black)
Wharfedale Diamond SW150 Subwoofer (Black)
Offered by Superfi

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product - Outstanding Sound!, 30 Jun. 2013
I have had a number of sound systems over the years and although the mid/top frequency ranges are very good, the increasing trend to smaller footprints have meant that lower bass performance has suffered. Having recently changed my home theatre system to a SONY BDV-590 (excellent sound from the 'magnetic fluid' speakers) although the overall sound was good, the bass was lacking punch and range. After researching various options I searched Amazon and these speakers were on the search results. Wharfedale has always had a good reputation for producing good, solid products and googling this model came up with nothing but good reviews.

The subwoofer arrived on-time an a large (heavy!) box and was well packed. There are very flexible connection options (Line connection to an A/V processor, Stereo Line Output connections and Speaker Level feeds). Additionally, there are overall volume level and a low-pass filter control to determine when the sub-woofer cuts in. The documentation gives good advice about how to set the levels and surprisingly to me, I found the best overall effect was to keep the existing SONY sub-woofer - since that handled the upper bass well - and also connect the SW150 subwoofer. I had to experiment with the low-pass filter and in my case the best sound was with the low-pass filter set to 55Hz. After this setup, the sound is truly amazing. The bass is solid, but not boomy and the controlled power of the lower bass is genuinely something to be heard!

Highly Recommended!

iZKA® - LG Google Nexus 4 ' Made To Measure Windscreen In Car Suction Mount Holder with FULL 360 Degrees Rotation PLUS BONUS Micro USB Car Charger For LG Google Nexus 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, well made, good price, 23 May 2013
I used to have an iPhone, but decided to change to a Next 4 Android phone. I wanted an in-card phone holder and this looked a good option on Amazon.The phone holder and power supply arrived before the due date (very good . . I am always impatient waiting for orders to arrive!). This is a good quality product with a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

HP v165w 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Blue
HP v165w 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Drive - Good value and very fast, 6 May 2013
This is an amazing USB drive. Very small - fits neatly into a USB port on my PC (and MAC) - and the performance is very good. The price from Amazon was good - so i bought two of them. Fast delivery as normal.

Highly recommended!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Uspeed USB3.0 Reader - GREAT Product, 3 Jan. 2013
I had an older SDHC reader that was slow, but handled older memory cards ok. However, I wanted to make better use of larger cards (e.g. 32GB and above ) and also have support for SDHC 64GB cards. This Reader is GREAT. It is amazingly fast and handles all the card formats with ease. I used it to transfer images and files to / from my MacBook Pro and also to my Nexus 7 Tablet (using Nexus Media Importer). This device 'just works' - no fuss, no difficult setup, just work right out of the box. I have also used it provide an extension to my Nexus 7 tablet and allow me to have a small memory card (I had plenty of these that I used with my Canon EOS 60D) that I could store music and videos on, and play them back on my Nexus.

Highly recommended - and great price!

Einhell BT-HT 90 Folding Truck, 90 kg Capacity - Multi-Colour
Einhell BT-HT 90 Folding Truck, 90 kg Capacity - Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, great value., 5 Nov. 2011
I ordered this folding truck because I wanted a model that was tough enough to allow me to carry boxes but small enough to put in the boot of a car. I'm very pleased overall. The front (the part that carries the load) folds up flat and this makes it very easy to carry in the car. The height of the handle can be varied as required. Recommended!

Nike T-Lite 9 Leather Cross Training Shoes, Size UK8
Nike T-Lite 9 Leather Cross Training Shoes, Size UK8

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and Comfortable, 11 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Nike (Apparel)
I was looking for a comfortable trainer that also looked smart enough to be worn socially. These exactly fit that requirement! Very comfortable to wear. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2