Profile for Millenwagon > Reviews

Content by Millenwagon

Millenwagon "Millenwagon" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Modem Router for Phone Line Connections (BT Infinity, TalkTalk, EE and PlusNet Fibre) 1 USB, 2.0 Ports, UK Plug (Archer VR400)

2.0 out of 5 stars Updated review., 7 Jan. 2017
Pros - open nat type on xbox without changing settings or ports.
Stable.
Easy to set up.

Cons - big and ugly
Very weak signal even after getting help from customer support.
Not as good as a bt hub 5 (after tweaking settings)

Had to return modem, the signal was incredibly weak. TP-Link customer service was very helpful, but their solition made no difference.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2017 11:40 AM GMT

Astro Gaming A50 Wireless Headset - White (Xbox One)
Astro Gaming A50 Wireless Headset - White (Xbox One)
Offered by Mobile_Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW FOR POTENTIAL CHAT MICROPHONE FIX, 20 Dec. 2016
Xbox One® Stereo Chat Controller Adapter Cable for Turtle Beach Gaming HeadsetsWhatYouGot - XBOX LIVE TALKBACK CHAT CABLE FOR TURTLE BEACH & ASTRO GAMING HEADSETS - 1m LEAD - Xbox 360/Live

I have just received my Astro a50's from amazon, and I was lucky enough to snatch them for just £129.99. I have no idea why they are so much cheaper than the other models, possibly because of the troubles that people have had with them.

Let me start by saying these headphones are superb, the sound quality is exceptional, and compared to my Hyperx Cloud II headset (which is also excellent) the A50's are far superior for sound and dolby surround. The surround module really makes a difference when playing games such as battlefield 1, it gives you pinpoint precision on how far away and which direction something is coming. It has definitely helped me.

Now for the issues I encountered. I could not get anybody to hear me through party chat. If you have the new Xbox ONE controller with the 3.5mm jack input then you may have the same issue as me. TO FIX THIS... you need to buy the 2 items that I have linked in this review. The official xbox chat adapter, and the included Astro adapter did not work for me. I could hear my own voice through the headset, but nobody else could.

I tried everything, everything is up to date with the latest firmware, my controller is up to date. I was really pulling my hair out. I decided to remove the chat adapters entirely and plug straight in to the controller using the 3.5mm - 2.5mm chat adapter, and the 2.5mm jack cable... VOILA... it worked. My voice sounded fine, not tinny or robotic, and it was also loud enough. REMEMBER to turn the slider in the quick settings on Xbox ONE all the way to the right, so you can only hear party chat coming to the headphones (from the controller) because the wireless amp is sending you the sound, if you leave the slider in the middle then you will hear a stereo version of the game and the sound coming from the wireless transmitter, which will cause it to sound like an echo.

I believe many people have suffered the same issue as me, so if you are, don't return the headset just yet, try this fix of mine.

It's abysmal that Astro can't fix this problem themselves, but that's out of our hands.

I really hope that this review and fix has been helpful for you, if not please leave any comment and I will try to help.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2016 5:03 AM GMT

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition (Xbox One)
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition (Xbox One)

2.0 out of 5 stars Biggest call of duty disappointment of all time, 16 Dec. 2016
Biggest call of duty disappointment of all time.

Infinite warfare... more of the same. Nothing new, fresh, or original here. The menus are horrifically drab, and so is the menu music. This is probably the 2nd worst call of duty ever made, followed by advanced warfare.

The remaster... dreadful. The graphics are disgusting and the game feels extremely slow and dull. Bare in mind this is my favourite call of duty of all time, and it was a great game. But by todays standards it is painfully boring. And to top it off 9 out of 10 matches is full people camping and waiting for the cheap kills.

For me call of duty is now dead, it either needs a complete over haul and redesign, or bury it now.

Battlefield has managed to keep things fresh each and every year, titan fall has done something different too, and destiny is also another great FPS with plenty of variety. OK, these are all different types of shooters but at least they listen to the fans and make an effort. It seems call of duty is simply rinse and repeat EVERY YEAR.

HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset PC/PS4/Mac/Mobile - Gunmetal
HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset PC/PS4/Mac/Mobile - Gunmetal

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply outstanding, 14 Dec. 2016
Had these headphones about 2 weeks now, and they are simply fantastic.

The build quality is top notch, they are extremely comfy, and they look great too.

The microphone is exceptionally clear, and party chat in general sounds very good.

The sound is very VERY good, deep bass (but not too much) and the middles and trebles are more or less spot on too. I've mostly been using this headset for battlefield 1 on the xbox one, and it has changed my game completely. I'm hearing enemy bullets and footsteps in what seems like 360'. Even without the 7.1 virtual surround I can still tell what direction and how far something is coming from.

I am absolutely blown away with the quality of these headphones. I have got a pair of Astro A50's coming soon, and I am expecting them to be sub par to these, but we will see.

I have upgraded from the Sony wireless 2.0 headset, and whilst that was a decent headset, it is nothing compared to this. It is better in EVERY single way.

I tried the 7.1 feature on the PS4 and it was actually rubbish, but it isn't properly compatible with it so I don't know if I was really getting the full potential of it. I used to use a pair of dpx 21 by turtle beach, with the DSS surround sound add on, and the surround on that was very good, so I imagine it would be good on this headset too if connected to a PC.

Do not hesitate to buy these, nothing comes close for bang for your buck.

You will not be disappointed.

House of Marley Smile Jamaica In-Ear Headphones with 1 Button Microphone - Rasta Earphones Earbuds

5.0 out of 5 stars The build quality is very good and the sound is great for the price, 14 Feb. 2016
Suprised by the quality of these earphones!

I wasn't expecting much in terms of sound as i just bought these for the durable cable. However I am blown away by the clarity and balance between bass and treble. The build quality is very good and the sound is great for the price.

Very happy, these work lovely for heavy metal.

LG 49UF850V Smart 3D Ultra HD 4k 49" LED TV
LG 49UF850V Smart 3D Ultra HD 4k 49" LED TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done LG., 17 Jan. 2016
This tv has blown my expectations in every department.

It has a stunning picture, 1080p upscaled to 4K is only a fraction off native 4K content. The blacks are black, and the contrasts are high, with a little tweaking you can get a jaw droppingly crisp image.

The sound is very decent, with some reasonable oomph. Though i'd reccommend a good quality soundbar or surround system, but without the speakers are way above average.

The 3D is the best I've seen. As long as you're sat in the right position and not too close. It is better than the cinema for me, and doesn't give me a headache. Glasses included also very comfortable.

Has 3 hdmi slots, a headphone jack, 3 USB ports, live TV record, plus much more.

I managed to bag this TV for £629.99 brand new, an absolute steal for the sheer quality.

My only quibble is the stand, it looks great but it is the same width as the screen which will mean it is too large for a lot of people's TV stands. Make sure you measure before buying.

Another nice touch is the magic remote, sheer class! And the webOS UI is fantastic and VERY user friendly.

This TV is also great for gaming, it has a game mode in picture settings and reduces all lag etc, perfect for playing fast paced games such as call of duty.

HOCO Milanese Loop Strap Stainless Steel Magnetic Buckle Watchband for Apple Watch/Watch Sport/Watch Edition,Mesh Replacement Strap (42mm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 14 Sept. 2015
Before buying this HOCO milanese loop I tested out the original Apple milanese loop, so I can give an honest comparison.

For the difference in price this is a clear winner, it looks and feels equally as good and the quality is exceptional. the magnet is strong, it doesn't slip open and I can wear it with absolute comfort for the entire day. It looks particularly nice on the apple watch sport, even nicer than the stainless steel if I dare say so. The packaging for this strap was also fabulous, giving the whole product that premium, must have feel.

Out of all the 3rd party milanese watch straps I have seen this is the only one worth considering, unless of course you want to pay 3 to 4 times the amount for the official one. HOCO have made the must have milanese loop.

Bravo, HOCO.

HOCO Stainless Steel Milanese Loop Strap Magnetic Buckle Wrist Band For Apple Watch/Watch Sport/Watch Edition,Mesh Replacement Strap (42mm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 14 Sept. 2015

Bravo, HOCO.

PS Vita Slim Controller Hand Grip (PS Vita Slim/PS Vita 2000) - Black
PS Vita Slim Controller Hand Grip (PS Vita Slim/PS Vita 2000) - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars good grip, casues cosmetic damage... at least for me., 7 Aug. 2014
The Kelux grip is very comfortable and pretty sturdy, it holds the vita in place securely but the vita isn't as secure as I'd have hoped for, which resulted in many scratches on the back of the vita. Some of them i managed to rub off but some of them would not come off, baring in mind i only had the grip on for a week, so any longer could have been far worse.

To prevent any scratches you could line the inside of it (the part that makes contact with the vita) using some sellotape to stop your lovely vita from becoming scarred for life. Alternatively you could just rest some small pieces of cloth/microfiber inside the grip then place the vita inside and lock it into place, this should prevent it from scratching if done correctly.

great grip, just be cautious.

The Cave
The Cave

3.0 out of 5 stars great game but..., 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Cave (App)
As of now as the controls are disgraceful! The jumps are disasterous and it's too hard to do anything.

I had this game on ps3 and it is great, but unless the controls get fixed stay well clear. Glad I didn't pay for it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8