Profile for josie82 > Reviews

Content by josie82
Helpful Votes: 2057

josie82 (Fife, Scotland, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Second Nature Dog Food Adult Turkey & Rice
Second Nature Dog Food Adult Turkey & Rice

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy dog - happy owner, 20 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven’t had any problems with my dog (a 1.5 year old cocker spaniel) and getting her to eat her food - or anything else she gets her teeth into! She’s definitely not a fussy eater but I like to try and give her the best quality food that I can.

This brand seems to take the feeding of dogs one step further in that they genuinely seem to care. The instructions on the website and on the packaging give you really good information on how much to feed your dog of their food, how to introduce it into their diet, what the ingredients are and why it’s good for them. Although I’ve had dogs all my life, this is my first dog on my own and I’ve found a lot of brands assume that you know what you’re doing down to the very letter. I just took to this brand - explaining how much of their food fits into a coffee cup, how many kibble makes up 10g etc. I just thought that was a nice, caring touch.

They also offer a money back guarantee so when you buy this food you can be assured that your dog will like it or they’ll give you your money back. I’ve never seen another company who does that!

Onto the food itself. It’s got a nice, meaty smell although the kibbles weren’t as dark as I’d expected. They’re a more natural brown colour and a good size for my dog’s tea. She’ll eat them dry or soaked in a little water - she really gobbles them up.

The dog seems to like them and has eaten them for her tea for the last month or so. I’m happy that they’re doing her good and that the ingredients are all natural. She’s happy, I’m happy - I would recommend these and will be buying them again.

Wahl Pet Grooming Brush and Comb Set, 21 cm
Wahl Pet Grooming Brush and Comb Set, 21 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars A really worthwhile set, 10 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I’ve had a hard bristle brush for my dog (a 1.5 year old Cocker Spaniel) before but unfortunately it got chewed to bits so I needed another. This set is a good price for two quality tools - a comb and a double sided brush.

My pup is quite a young, boisterous dog who likes to trample through woods, trees, grass, shrubs, etc so she is often in need of a good brush down. As well as that, she still has quite a bit of her puppy fluff which is a little thicker, denser and prone to matting.

The stainless steel comb is a good, sturdy size and despite being quite solid, it is easy and quick to brush out my dog’s ears. Similarly, the steel part of the brush does a quick job of brushing out random bits of shrubbery caught in her fluff while the other side, the black bristle brush, gives her a soft, shiny and smooth coat.

I noticed another reviewer saying that the wooden handles were rough and difficult to hold. I can only think that she got a defective set because my handles were lovely and smooth and easy to grip. I had no problems with splinters or anything like that.

I’m not going to say that these tools are indestructible (I know that my pup would destroy the wooden handles if I gave her half the chance!) but they are good quality, they are good for what they’re intended and I would recommend them as a great starter set for your puppy or other animal. 5 stars from me.

Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Eyeshadow Pallete Del Mar, Volume 2
Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Eyeshadow Pallete Del Mar, Volume 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - lovely summery colours, 9 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This eye shadow selection apparently reflects the famous sunsets over the sea, mixed with chilled Balearic beats. Put into layman’s terms, this selection includes bright pastels and summery beach tones as well as a couple of darker colours.

It says that it’s suitable for all skin tones. I’m quite pale and the selection definitely gave me colours that worked well for me. Some would be quite distinctive but I see that it tells you to mix the colours to get the required shade which is an interesting idea.

There is a cardboard sleeve which covers the compact and sleek black box holding the eyeshadow. The box looks really nice and it’s also sturdy enough that it could rattle about in your overnight bag or handbag without anything bad happening. The catch is tight, too, so it won’t open accidentally.

Inside is a good quality mirror the full length of the box. Then there’s the 12 shades which are initially covered by plastic which names the colours. (I suppose you could throw this away but I like to keep it on so I know the names of the colours and to protect them). There’s a double ended brush - also good quality - that fits in a small slot at the front.

When using the eyeshadow I found it to go on smoothly and it lasted a lot longer than I expected - and didn’t clump or smoosh. Very impressive all round.

Overall I really liked this Eyeshadow Pallete. It looks good, works well and is a great price. I’ll be looking out for different selections/colours to add to my collection.

Rexel Ice Popper Wallets A3 Clear (Pack Size 5)
Rexel Ice Popper Wallets A3 Clear (Pack Size 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the organised soul, 21 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like other reviewers, I received a pack of Rexel A5 ice popper wallets rather than the A3 size. However, I imagine that the product will be the same quality just scaled up or down depending on which size you purchase.

These wallets have always been very useful whether you’re someone who likes to keep things organised or not. They are good quality and hold a surprisingly large amount of papers, documents or other bits and pieces like CDs, keys or flash drives etc.

As well as your ‘normal’ documents in an A4, an A3 folder would be perfect for storing drawings or plans and the A5s are perfect to keep documents together while you’re out and about, especially if it’s raining or windy.

It’s not evident by the quality of the pockets but it is nice to know that they are made with recyclable polypropylene. That means you can pop them in the plastics recycling bin if and when they ever get ruined.

If you’re looking for a durable wallet to keep your documents together than I would go for these. I’ve bought cheaper versions before but these have broken fairly quickly after purchase when the side seams ripped. These look a lot more sturdy and I would imagine will last a long time.

RockFace All Weather Moisturiser 100 ml
RockFace All Weather Moisturiser 100 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great product, 21 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I first ordered this product I, like other reviewers, didn’t realise that it was made primarily for men. So, I passed it onto a man for his opinion as well as using it myself.

The overall opinion is that it’s a good moisturiser all round. Probably more aimed at your face and hands, I still used it on other parts of my body with no ill effects!

It absorbs well into the skin - no stickiness or residue - and does so quickly. It’s creamy enough and you feel your skin a lot less dry almost as soon as you’ve applied it - this may be down to the Shea Butter. Depending on what you do, you don’t have to use a lot throughout the day. It’s a small enough tube to fit in your bag (or suitcase - do men still use suitcases?) so you can reapply as and when you feel you need it.

The smell is more of a masculine scent than a flowery feminine one. I liked it a lot as it smelt fresh and clean but never overpowering.

Overall I was very pleased with this hand cream. It’s a good product for a good price and has nice benefits alongside moisturising your skin. Like another reviewer, it would have been nice if it had an SPF element but I can’t really take points off for that. 5 stars.

Earth Rated 300-Count Dog Waste Bags, Biodegradable Lavender-Scented Poop Bags on a Single Roll for Pantries (not on small rolls)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good quality poo bag, 17 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After years of using standard sandwich bags as poo bags, I then moved onto the small rolls that fit into the dispensers. As such, I assumed that I wouldn’t be as enamoured with these bags which are on a large roll and perfect for pantries and outdoor dispensers.

I’m happy to say that I was really impressed by these bags as a whole. The box doubles as a dispenser - there is a perforated area that can be torn out making it easy to pull the bags from the roll and tear them off.

The bags are labelled as bigger, thicker and tougher which means you can have a few in your pocket for the days that you might need a little extra for your pooch. Despite their toughness (and you never worry that they are going to leak or tear), the bags still look and feel quite light. You don’t feel like you’re carrying around carrier bags in your pocket rather than small (although they are 8x13”) poo bags.

The size fits my hand well (I use the hand in the bag and inside out technique) and my nails never pierce it. They have a scent that they are calling lavender although I wouldn’t have said that’s what it smelt like. Having said that, I wasn’t looking forward to a cloying scent so was happy that the smell was quite pleasant and nicely masks the icky odours of poo whether it smells of lavender or not.

I would recommend and I will be buying these again when this roll runs out (which the box tells me will be in 5 months). 5 stars.

Beco Pets- (Travel Bags) Eco-Friendly Poo Bag Refills
Beco Pets- (Travel Bags) Eco-Friendly Poo Bag Refills
Offered by Pets Galore Coulsdon Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what’s needed and helps the environment, too, 10 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I suppose there are two components to these bags - how they work as poo bags and their environmental credentials.

These are ‘regular sized’ poo bags and they fit neatly into the poo bag holder that I already owned. From the first you can tell that they are sturdier and stronger than many other bags out there. I have had issues of pulling bags from the packet only to find them split down the side. I think it would take some serious damage before one of these bags splits or bursts. So, nice and thick - makes scooping the poop a less daunting experience.

They are described as ‘bear-sized’ on the packaging (which is very nicely designed, I might add). I don’t know about that but my Cocker Spaniel’s deposits fitted neatly in the bag with room to spare.

So they work as well, if not better, than your standard bags which leaves the environmental credentials. These bags are degradable and compostable. A ‘normal’ plastic bag can take up to 1000 years to break down and will still leave residue in the soil even after that. These bags, under optimum conditions, will break down after a year. Even if it takes 5 times as long to break down if the bags are not in optimum conditions, that’s still 5 years versus 1000. That’s good enough to make you feel good about being environmentally friendly.

I was surprised to find that these bags were relatively inexpensive. Sure, you don’t get as many bags per roll as you might do for more generic brands but these still won’t break the bank. I’m popping these onto my wish list to buy again once my current stash is finished. 5 stars from me.

Olympus SH-2 Digital Compact Camera - Silver (16 MP, 24x Optical Zoom, Built-In Wi-Fi)

5.0 out of 5 stars A camera with style and substance, 4 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, I first have to say how stylish and smart this camera looks. It’s got that old-school, hipster feel to it (and I mean that in a good way!). I love the black, leather look and silver detail to the front. The screen on the back gives it a very modern feel as it fits almost to each edge.

Having said all that, I don’t think the look of this camera would have swayed me if it wasn't such a good piece of equipment to own and use.

I’ll not go into the technical specs other than to say that the zoom is very good (24xwide optical zoom) and you really feel like you can get right to the heart of the subject you’re photographing. I took the camera on a hike with the dogs and these dogs are young and crazy. With the claims that the camera is perfect at capturing movement and action on the fly - I tried to snap the dogs as they darted round the hills.

This is a completely untechnical way of explaining things but when I took a picture and watched it through the viewfinder, I found that the camera seemed to take the picture of the action a hairsbreadth before I’d pressed the button. As daft as that sounds, what I’m trying to say is that the camera was very responsive and I was genuinely stunned by how good the pictures turned out and I’m no professional photographer.

You need to buy yourself a memory card or, depending on your settings, you’ll likely get about 10 photos before the camera memory is full. Not that that’s a problem - you can pick these things up for a few pounds these days.

When you’re using the camera the buttons are easily pressed and there’s something that feels very slick about using the menus. It’s all very intuitive and easy to change the settings depending on what you’re looking to photograph. The flash can be manually raised with the flick of a switch and it’s the usual dials and buttons for menus and settings. The manual is 180 pages thick but luckily, only 7 of those pages are in English. There’s also a CD for setup (Windows and Mac compatible) but I just plugged my camera into my computer and away you go. There’s also wifi on the camera but, to be honest, I’ve yet to explore that function.

You get a sturdy strap with the camera so you can tote it around with you. It’s not a particularly pretty strap but it does the job and doesn’t look or feel flimsy - you can’t complain.

Overall I’m so impressed with this camera. It combines style and substance and is a great camera if you’re looking to some point and shoot pictures but with a little added extra for your photos. Highly recommended and worth the price tag.

SanDisk Ultra 32 GB SDHC Memory Card up to 30 MB/s, Class 10
SanDisk Ultra 32 GB SDHC Memory Card up to 30 MB/s, Class 10
Offered by Alivo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value card, 5 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a 32 GB Class 10 card. The packing indicates speed up to 30MB/second but the small print on the rear of the packet will tell you that 30MB/s is the read speed. The write speed, understandably, is lower. The write speed will actually be around 10MB/s for this class 10 device.

In testing on my D7000 Nikon I found no problems taking a burst of 12 photos or videos and transferring the photos to my mac was also seamless.

You can use the card to store files for transfer between computers or as a limited form of backup. The speed of transfer is satisfactory - you really can’t complain.

The card is formatted in MS DOS Fat 32 so if you’re planning to use the card solely on your Mac computer consider reformatting to MAC OS. Otherwise, if you are using a multi platform environment keep the Fat 32 format.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this card. SanDisk has always provided good quality reliable SD cards and this one is no exception. Plus, the full price on Amazon is £55.71but it is discounted to £12.98. Great value! 5 stars.

Breville VKJ926 Colour Notes Kettle, 1.7 L - Red
Breville VKJ926 Colour Notes Kettle, 1.7 L - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to your kitchen, 5 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to admit that the kettle I had previous to this one had served me for a good number of years. It was showing its age so this was a good update for it. Plus, it’s in a deep, rich red (Claret, apparently) colour which nicely matches my kitchen.

It goes without saying that the kettle is stylish and looks great in the kitchen. The base is a simple silver and the kettle sits on top no matter which way you put it. This means it swivels easily so you can put it back on the base one way after filling then turn it round so the spout is facing the right direction for boiling.

It lights up a nice red when boiling (just the on-switch and the fill gauge (plus you can see it glowing through the top)). It boils quickly (but probably the same as any other kettle, to be fair) and it’s not too noisy. The handle is robust and makes it easy to hold while pouring. It’s also a decent pourer - no spillage when filling your cups.

The lid comes completely off (which I found unusual but not necessarily a bad thing!) so you can fill it easily. You can also fill it through the spout if you’re a daredevil!!

It’s efficient, pretty and a really good buy for your kitchen. The only ‘problem’ I had with the kettle is that the water fill gauge starts at 4 (as in 4 cups worth). As a single person, I do not need to be boiling 4 cups worth each time. Even if I’m boiling for 2 people, I still need to open the lid and do a visual check before starting the kettle because I can’t see at a glance if there’s enough water. The instruction book (which is blessedly short) does say that the minimum water you need is 1 cup and should there not be enough water in the kettle to boil, it will automatically cut out. It just would have been a little better if the gauge went down to 1 or even 2 to make the ease of use all the better. Still, it’s a great kettle and if you’ve a red kitchen then I would recommend it to you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20