Profile for A. Davis > Reviews

Content by A. Davis

A. Davis "Andaviz" (England)

Just Between Us
Just Between Us

1.0 out of 5 stars Very hard going, 21 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Just Between Us (Kindle Edition)
This book was very hard going and only got interesting half way through what seemed to be a very long book (no page numbers on a Kindle just percentage read). It was very mundane and a lot of writing about nothing, tempted to give up on a few occasions! Then it finished abuptly with 96% read and went on to review another book of hers.

Not impressed at all.

Beautiful New Vintage Ladies Cotton Boho Print Floral Maxi Dress
Beautiful New Vintage Ladies Cotton Boho Print Floral Maxi Dress

5.0 out of 5 stars Cotton maxi dress, 11 Aug. 2012
After reading the reviews of this dress, I took a chance and ordered it. It is difficult to judge from a picture regarding the fit and length. I was not disappointed, the dress fits perfectly and the length is just right. I bought this to wear at a summer wedding and it looks supurb. Excellent.

Father Unknown
Father Unknown

4.0 out of 5 stars Father Unknown, 28 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Father Unknown (Kindle Edition)
I love Lesleys books, this was of her usual standard of excellent for the first half of the book, but then I found the plot got very predicatable. I guessed the twist in the story, which made reading the rest of the book a bit pointless and disappointing. I am not sure about the automatic inheritance rights as Daisy was adopted out of the family. Never the less, I will kindle my next choice of her books, as I have never been disappointed before.

Trust Me
Trust Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Lesley Pearse just gets better, 21 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Trust Me (Kindle Edition)
I am gradually working my way through her books. They just seem to get better with each one. This was a real eye opener to the hell that the children went through when taken to what they thought would be a much improved life in Australia.

Hope
Hope

5.0 out of 5 stars HOPE - Best Lesley Pearse so far, 6 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Hope (Kindle Edition)
I have read five of Lesleys books, they are always a very good read, but Hope in my opinion is the best that I have read so far. What a great insight to the Crimea War which history books would not convey. My Great x 2 grandfather was an orderly in Scutari but other than him being listed in the services books I have found no information. This has given me a much greater insight into what his life must have been like during that time (pretty awful). I am happy that I still have a number of her books to read, and will be sorry when I get to the end. Each of her books seem in some way to have a connection my own history. Which is very thought provoking.

Threads: The Reincarnation of Anne Boleyn
Threads: The Reincarnation of Anne Boleyn

1.0 out of 5 stars Started with interest, but I lost interest at part two, 20 Feb. 2012
After reading the reviews I thought that I would like this book, as I enjoy the Tudor years. I really enjoyed the Tudor part of the story and it was food for thought looking at the Anne / Henry relationship from a totally different point of view, which shows her to be in a very difficult position and not so much the manipulative person that she is said to have been.

But going into part two, which was so sudden it left me wondering where the story that I had been reading had gone, I am struggling with this part of the book and have decided to give up as I do not find it at all interesting.

Shame, it start so well.