Profile for crazybooklover > Reviews

crazybooklover

Avoiding Commitment
Avoiding Commitment

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely intense! OMG, 17 Aug. 2012
Oh My God! This book was just so intense! Unbelievable! However, it was amazing! I loved it!
First things first, if you're looking for a nice easy light-hearted read then...this isn't it. This book was an emotional rollercoaster of highs and lows, good and bad. It had me happy one minute and almost crying with saddness or disbelief the next. Their is just so much going on that I had to take a mini-break after every chapter just to process what had happened.
Jack and Lexi's relationship was so overwhelming...I didn't know what to do with some of the things I learnt. One minute I was like 'No, what did you do that for?' and the next I was like 'Yes, thank god!'. My emotions were all over the place. And that is one of the most important things for me in a book; can the book engage my emotions and involve me in the story and this one definitely did that. (SPOILER ALERT) When Lexi finally got the closure she needed it felt as though a weight was being lifted from my shoulders as well as Lexi's, that was how involved I was in this book.
Thank you K.A Linde for writing this book as it was amazing. I definitely recommend it. I cannot wait to read Avoiding Responsibilty. I really want to find out what happens with Lexi and Ramsey and if (SPOILER ALERT) Lexi really has gotten the closure she needs for Jack.
I read this in two sittings and probably would have read it it one if I hadn't allowed myself to sleep, and that doesn't mean I wasn't up late into the night reading it.
K.A Linde is definitely an author to watch.

The Wedding Cake Girl
The Wedding Cake Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, 14 Aug. 2012
This book had me hooked from the get go. The writing style was gripping and flowed easily; it kept you wanting to read it. I read this book late into the night and finished it the next day.
Anne Pfeffer keeps you guessing with this book. Who will Alex end up with? Will she end up getting what she wants? Alex's relationships throughout this novel were like a rollercoaster ride; up, down and everywhere. The suprise plot twist at the end when Anne introduced a new possible love interest, Chris. It kept the novel interesting after the novelty of Alex's relationships with Jeremy and Zach weared off.
The characters were well developed and Anne kept her descriptions of them and there actions consistent. There were moments of tension and suspence which helped keep me attention.
Overall a really good read.

Kissing
Kissing

3.0 out of 5 stars Kissing?, 26 July 2012
This review is from: Kissing (Kindle Edition)
I just finished re-reading this because I was bored and it got me thinking...why is the book even called 'Kissing'? There isn't even any kissing going on in the stories except for in the first story and that was just a flashback. Despite this though, the writing style is good and the characters are fairly well developed.
I do feel as though the stories had very cut off endings instead of built up conclusions and that was disappointing as it made you want to know what happens next evn though we won't know.
This is why I gave the book 3 stars because it wasn't bad but it wasn't excellent.

Bloodrose: Number 3 in series (Nightshade Trilogy)
Bloodrose: Number 3 in series (Nightshade Trilogy)
by Andrea Cremer

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 19 Mar. 2012
I absolutely loved Bloodrose. I started reading it on Saturday night and had it finished by last night. The plot was fast paced and filled with enough romance and action to leave you with a completely enjoyable read. I'm sad that this is the last in the series as it is only a trilogy but overall I loved the books. I must admit I was rooting for Ren instead of Shay but I'm not going to tell you who Calla ends up with. That's for you to find out. Andrea Cremer threw some plot twists in to the story that didn't hit me until I was right upon them. This is well worth the read. Trust me.

Beautiful Disaster
Beautiful Disaster

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 18 Mar. 2012
I absolutely loved this book. I thought it was amazing. I read it all day yesterday and could not put it down. I loved the development of the characters and I thought the book was filled with events that kept you wanting to read more. Be aware that there is a fair amount of sexual scenes so it is not suitable for younger readers. Overall it was a very enjoyable read and I will likely read it again. Read this. You won't be disappointed.

Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks Book 1)
Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Catching Jordan caught me!, 13 Feb. 2012
I absolutely loved Catching Jordan. I've read it twice now and it was still as funny the second time round. The book keeps you engaged and the characters are funny and either have you liking them or hating them (Lacey and Kristen). I absolutely adore (Sam) Henry. I was hooked on him the moment he was introduced, I love how funny he is. I admit I became exasperated with him when he didn't do anything about the problems he was having with Jordan but that's just made me like him more. Miranda Kenneally really did a good job with developing the characters.
You don't have to be a sports fanatic to love this book. I'm English and know nothing about American football but I was still able to engage with the chararcters and the story line. You won't be wasting your money buying this book!